Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default race report

well here is the sunday race report.
ran today at hobby people in fountain valley ca. the car handled great as always but due to some driving erros on my behalf i qualified 6th So I knew I had to strap it up for the main (Which I did). As I was waiting for my main to come up I checked everything out camber,toe tweak. preped my tires and peaked my main pack. the time came off I go with with a clear mind and a determination to win. Now the cars are lined up and Iam in the zone. but wait where is the TQ? ( who was James Valintine another warp car driver) He is having radio problems cant run the main? oh gee to bad so the buzzer went off and and my car jumped forward went around the four cars ahead of me like the were just corner dots now in first ya ! next lap I stuffed it and no turn marshall now last had to pick off the whole pack which I did and at the end I WAS VICTORIOUS and took the win . Another notch in the handle for warpspeed racing
Old 09-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default My race report

Axiom -good to hear about your run on the Carpet. I had a okay day on my first dau with the Demon, but thats not the cars fault.

I had a awesome run going in the second when car glitched and I turned 90 degrees and hit the inner barrier and stripped the servo horn. Third run I was running a batt. pack that just wasnt that fast.

So good and bad news. Glitched all day. Found it after third round (worn through wires on on/off switch on ESC). Started 5th in the B and took the lead after about 1 minute. Pulled out a lead and was on 26 5:01 till the last two laps when lapping backmarkers who were in their own races and lost 4 seconds on last two laps. 26 5:05 finish. That run would have qualified me in the A and also would have had me finish the A-Main in 6th!!! Had i run 26 5:01- I would have been top three in A. The A-was star studded to boot. Half of the guys will be in the A- and B-Mains at this years Champs I bet.

Car was fast and so smoooth. I was very busy running the races and running two classes as well. We had 71 entries today (30 Touring cars).
Old 09-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Axiom5B
Both ends .
Who makes these bulkheads, and do you have a link?

My TC3 is in a bag right now because I just spent the past 5 hours trying to get the drivetrain to run freely. I replaced some parts in the transmission that were getting worn out, and AE factory tolerances are so horendous, the wheels would not move unless I filed away a substantial potion of almost every part in the gearbox. I killed my drive pinion doing it, and gave up.

I'm thinking the gearboxes may be to blame.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Axiom,

Thanks for the reply and I will be ordering my gearboxes on Tuesday. Can't wait to see the difference with the new gearboxes, new clean and unpacked bearings and some shimming work.

-Thanks
Old 09-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ty
Axiom,

Thanks for the reply and I will be ordering my gearboxes on Tuesday. Can't wait to see the difference with the new gearboxes, new clean and unpacked bearings and some shimming work.

-Thanks
Who makes these?
Old 09-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

good racin' axiom, howard and ray. I cant wait to get my D2...
Before it gets here, im going through my tc3 and basically rebuilding the whole car. Something I havnt done in a long time...but could someone suggest a bearing set? I was looking at the polyamide acer bearings, wondering if anyone has tried those? dont really want to spend a ton on bearings but I want my drivetrain to be extremely free...the diff cases will help, ive also done a ton of hand fitting with the gears and I want bearings that will make the car roll forever! Im really excited to bring out the tc3 in a new form this winter, just hope I can get out to a bunch of big races...snowbirds... this winter and give everyone a taste of warpspeed

Last edited by wheelmanST; 09-21-2003 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally posted by Speedo
Who makes these?
Warpspeed takes the factory cases and mills the bearing pockets out to perfection. Then they put helicoils in the scew holes so you dont have a stripping problem... They work great from what I have heard.

eric a
Old 09-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Bearings

Originally posted by bab00n14
good racin' axiom, howard and ray. I cant wait to get my D2...
Before it gets here, im going through my tc3 and basically rebuilding the whole car. Something I havnt done in a long time...but could someone suggest a bearing set? I was looking at the polyamide acer bearings, wondering if anyone has tried those? dont really want to spend a ton on bearings but I want my drivetrain to be extremely free...the diff cases will help, ive also done a ton of hand fitting with the gears and I want bearings that will make the car roll forever! Im really excited to bring out the tc3 in a new form this winter, just hope I can get out to some big races this winter and give everyone a taste of warpspeed
If you want some of the BEST ceramic bearings out there check out RC4less.com Bruce has a TC3 set of APEC 7 ceramics for 110.00. I think 7 is the highest grade of ceramics out there. Acer sells a 5 rated ceramic for close to the same amount of money. Ceramics are the only way to fly if youve already spent the money on the diff cases!!!

ea
Old 09-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I finally saw a Warpspeed run yesterday (Ray Huang). He had some glitching issues early, but once worked out his car was on rails. Very impressive. Looks like good things to come from this Warpspeed Demon.

Good job yesterday Ray. Car is money!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rob,

The cars so fast and smooth that when I was behind mike for the lead-I was faster, but I just stayed about 3" behind him and rattled him. He finally popped a board- I missed him by mm then I just pulled away.

I am going to try some your set-ups next practice day or next race.

Ray
Old 09-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

you guys i drove the new d-2 demon this past week at the fl state series race, all i can say is the car is dialed i drove a similar set up on my tubbed tc3 which was dialed and i had to drive it smoothly then i took d-2 drove it and was able to drive the car more aggressivly trying to push it the car would turn on a dime!
victor had to pry the radio out of my hands, ihave been driving the regular demon but on asphalt due to it being more fexible for asphalt but this car doesnt flex. i have my order in! guys dont fall asleep i'll be lapping you!

victor where's my car!
Old 09-22-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Would anyone know how much the Schumacher Mission chassis kit is from warpspeed??
Old 09-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Preston, go to www.warpspeed-racing.com the price list is on there.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

I am at a total quandry; my preorder will be ready to ship Wednesday morning for the black version of the D2 but when the blue graphite was announced I really wanted that one too. I can not for the life of me make up my mind, and no I can not buy both at this time as I just spent a ton on a dyno and I am already in the doghouse. Does anyone have any idea what color is "blue ice"? If I could just see some raw graphite in the correct color of the chassis I might be able to make up my mind more easily. Damn, as it sits right now, I am down to 24 hours to make a decision....
Old 09-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post howies race report!!

yes you the man !!1 bro! always a good thing to win and your hooked up tooo.. always a good friend to race wit... sorry i raced at the other place but its all good ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.