Wiki Posts
Search

EFRA 1/12 Body List

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs down EFRA 1/12 Body List

Has anyone noticed the new body list issued from EFRA?

You can find it attached to save you the trouble.

If you notice, most if not ALL bodies are not available!!! especially in Europe!!

Are they trying to make a point?

Nick

Last edited by nnick; 10-25-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

I'm glad I don't race under EFRA rules.... Most of those bodies are ancient!! I think I used the Associated Nissan and the Protoform Nissan back in the early 90's.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

I really don't understand why they made this decision.
I do understand that some people like more "realistic" bodies and I'm clearly not one of those. But in my opinion those bodies are realistic enough. If you want more realistic bodies make a rule for EVERY class, these 1/12 bodies are just as realistic as 1/8 nitro and 1/10 electric bodies.
Just take a look at the new generation 1/10 electric bodies like the DNA, that body that Alex produces and the Accord's for example. They're exactly based on the same principles as let's say the Speed 8 or 12, they all have small cockpits.
I guess I'll have to run the 'realistic' zytek in the future... which doesn't even fit on my SP12m (yes, I still like that car) and I don't even like the handling of that body
Old 01-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Thraex
I really don't understand why they made this decision

Maybe they want this class dead?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

None of the listet bodyes from protoform are listet on thier website If protoform don't have it where are we then supposed to get them from then?

I think EFRA is a lame and a old mans club with no knowledge with whats going on in racing (Electric)
Old 01-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Well the P35 isn't made anymore...but the Speed 8 I wonder if that's a typo on their part.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

It's ok, it just means that you only need one shell - Parma Zytek. Same as our UK series, everyone uses the same shell.

btw, i ran one on my 12M all of the time, and now the same on my 12X.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default A European racers view?

Hi

Looks fine to me to be honest, I've raced at virtually all of the last 20 or so European championships (As has the person who issued that list) and it's spot on. The shells we use the most (both CEFX & Parma Zytek) are on there and the ones that look like they've been squashed arn't!
As for the older shells being left on, well why not?

BTW The Protoform Speed 8, is one of the nicest 1/12 shells around, very good indeed.

And if anybody thinks they can't get them in Europe, my local parts supplier must be in an alternative reality as he certainly had a good choice on Saturday, box's and box's of them.. PM for contact details if needed.

Oh and 1/12 racing in the UK is going through a massive growth currently and we've only ever allowed the more realistic bodyshells.. And the entry for the EC is full @ 120 drivers, modified class only.

Doesn't sound like much is broken to me.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimSpencer
Hi

Looks fine to me to be honest, I've raced at virtually all of the last 20 or so European championships (As has the person who issued that list) and it's spot on. The shells we use the most (both CEFX & Parma Zytek) are on there and the ones that look like they've been squashed arn't!
As for the older shells being left on, well why not?

BTW The Protoform Speed 8, is one of the nicest 1/12 shells around, very good indeed.

And if anybody thinks they can't get them in Europe, my local parts supplier must be in an alternative reality as he certainly had a good choice on Saturday, box's and box's of them.. PM for contact details if needed.

Oh and 1/12 racing in the UK is going through a massive growth currently and we've only ever allowed the more realistic bodyshells.. And the entry for the EC is full @ 120 drivers, modified class only.

Doesn't sound like much is broken to me.

The UK distriubuter CML don't have it either on their website

And since protoform either have none of the bodys on their website either some one is not paying attention here or don't know what's going on
Old 01-24-2007, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

I'll be going to the Euro's with 2 bodyshells; a lightweight Parma Zytek, and a lightweight Parma Zytek!

If the meeting was run to IFMAR rules, then I'd need at least 3; PF speed 12, PF speed 12B and Parma Speed 8.

The fact that I know I'll be running a zytek just makes it easier for me as it's one less thing to worry about. This coupled with using brushless means I'll have all my time to concentrate on setting the car up, rather than finding the right shell and messing around building motors.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My problem is not the fact if the bodies are realistic or not but the fact only 1-2 from the list can be found!!!!

Nick
Old 01-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down

The frustrating bit about this new body list is that there shouldn't have been a new body list for the euros. I specifically asked about the bodylist for the euros last August/September and this is what I got for an aswer.

EFRA:
"Current situation with the 1:12 bodies are that it will not change before april next year. It's the deadline for EFRA homologisatsions."

Me:
"Thanks for the info. Is this the current list?

EFRA Approved bodies for 1:12 electric

Andys
#8217 Sauber Mercedes

Associated
#3169 - Jaguar GTP
#3171 - Corvette GTP
#3174 - Nissan GTP

Bolink
Nissan NPT90
Ferrari WSC
Buds Nissan NPT90
Nissan NPT90
#2018- Porsche 962

CEFX
#14501 DBA4 (Reynard 02S)

Corally
#78100 - Nissan GTP (Long)
#78105 - Nissan GTP (Short)
#78110 - Ferrari WSC (Hot)
#78115 - Nissan GTP (Hot)
# ??? - Sauber Mercedes

CRC Calandra
#4160 - C-60 Courage Evo-3 LMP

Hot Bodies
#12202 - Ferrari WSC
#12201 - Nissan GTP
#???? - Toyota GT1

Parma
Nissan NPT90
#10210 Zytec 04s

Protoform
Courage C-41 WSC
#1603 - Nissan P-35
#1607 - LMP Speed 8 ( Bentley )
#1609 - Speed 12 GTP ( Bentley )

Yokomo
MS-2

Updated 2005-11-11
"

EFRA:
"Yes, the 051111 list is the last one!"

Furthermore, the list above was used at the Swedish EFRA GP last December, which also was the warm up race for the euros.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Stiles
I'll be going to the Euro's with 2 bodyshells; a lightweight Parma Zytek, and a lightweight Parma Zytek!

If the meeting was run to IFMAR rules, then I'd need at least 3; PF speed 12, PF speed 12B and Parma Speed 8.

The fact that I know I'll be running a zytek just makes it easier for me as it's one less thing to worry about. This coupled with using brushless means I'll have all my time to concentrate on setting the car up, rather than finding the right shell and messing around building motors.
either that or sleeping between rounds...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

good thing i dont run there.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Well if their argument is that the other bodies don't look realistic enough then that argument is blown out of the water with the inclusion of the P-35. The P-35 looked nothing like any of the GTP cars running at the time and to me was the start of the performance/realistic trend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.