R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I hate reading stuff like this. Thankfully, I haven't heard of a theft at this track I race at, but it could happen anytime. I was thinking of that last week actually because I pit by one of the doors, I am gonna move.

I think the track directors should bring this up every day during the pit briefing. I have too much money tied up in my race cars that if something gets stolen, I would quit R/C. If someone takes just one charger, a couple batteries, and one of my cars and radio? That is well over $1000 easily. Not only that, I usually have my cell phone there, my watch, my sirius portable radio, etc...
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #32
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Just plain sad.... It would be nice to have the pits reserved for races, but after attending the Snowbirds (to watch) I see that the layout is just not helpful to do this.

One idea is for the tracks to put up cameras, maybe not connect them, but make it look like you have everything being watched and put them out in the open or post signs that surveillance cameras are monitoring. You may not stop the pro, but you will stop the dumb ass that thinks they are being cool.
Wheeling an Xray T4 and T4 14 using a Ko Propo, powered by EA motors and Speed Passion Speedo, paid for by my wife.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #33
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fastzach

There was a laptop stolen at the snowbirds too, but I believe it was returned.
fastzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #34
Tech Master

I don't trust many people at races, thieves can smile and talk to you too!

This is yet another PSA on...protect your stuff.
Velocity RC Magazine
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #35
Tech Regular

In the tracks, people always come to ask for borrowing this, borrowing that (they always tell you they don't have it or forgot to bring).......... once you allow the stuff to be borrowed........ that mean you give the stuff to them forever..... 10 out of 10, those guys won't return back the stuff. I hate this behaviour very much. Therefore, I don't let my stuff leave my table, just tell them NO BORROW! Also, of course no valuable stuff leave on the table too.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #36
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

I think a lot of the racers let their guard down while at the track, becuase most of us are around friends. I can't remember how many times I have just sent a buddy to the top right drawer in my bag for stuff, not once thinking he was going to take anything else. It is a shame that this happened, but I agree that it is normally a non racer that is taking the stuff, becuase most times it is non race related items.
Retired from RC....
Quantum - St. Croix - Bass Pro Shops - XPS - Rapala
A. Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #37
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This really is a shame...

I have to gives props to a racer who asked me to borrow a pinion, much to my surprize i actually got it back, along with a thank you...why can't more people be like that?
Team Associated - Reedy Power - Sweep - Protoform - TQ Wire - Lacher paint
Mike Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic
Send a message via AIM to $rusty$ Send a message via MSN to $rusty$

I know that the race director that we have, is one of the coolest people ever. I have asked for something to borrow, and most of the time return it(unless I forget then I find it and give it back). He even went above and beyond when my G-11 Pro went poof. He took out a GT7 off his buggy, and is letting me use it until I get mine back. Thanks Mark! On topic now. Where I race no one has had anything stolen. I do believe it will stay that way as these guys have known each other for years, and everyone looks out for each other. I am only 14, but they treat me like an adult. If you ever are in Minnesota, make sure to come to The Barn .
Rusty Andersen

$rusty$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Josh Cyrul has his Ipod stolen at the Snowbirds
So did I...some time Saturday night/Sunday morning...
Brent Thielke - Associated Team Manager
** AE Forum - www.aeforums.co.uk **
51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #40
Tech Elite

trust no one and that means no one,
they may not be human
and there is not many of us left.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #41
Tech Addict
Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

personal i think its all down to "u" its all common sense really,

would you leave your keys in your car?

would you leave your passport out on the side in open view?

so why is different to leave your RC equipment out on show in the open to everyone if you know its worth thousands of dollars?

Last edited by TAMIYAMANUK; 02-13-2007 at 06:35 PM.
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:56 PM   #42
Tech Master

In my twenty years of racing, I can count One hand the things that Iknow that some body has 5 fingered me.
There was this one time, must of been 5 years ago if not longer. we had this outdoor dirt track that you could see your pits from the drivers stand, well I was out running a few packs through the buggy, making radio adjustments when I notice this young teen walking through the pits checking out the racers gear. you kopw just acting cool and all. well I made a few lapps and stopped and saw that he was over at me and my buds pit table. my friend was still sitting there putting a pack in his car, well after he had left the table this guy started going through our stuff,picking up packs and motors and checking them out..
I had one of those big tackle boxes that I keep my gear in.
well hand my radio to my friend and made a bee line over to the table, this guy was so wrapped up in what he was doing that he never saw me coming. I ended up slamiing his hands in the top of my box,witch resulted in a load what the f@@@@ out his mouth and why in the hell did you do that, my respone was is that your box that you are going through? no and then thats your answer, we made him empty his pockets to make sure he did not snag any thing then made go over and talk to the track owner on what he had done. he had'nt taken anything at that point but did tell the owner he was looking for stuff to take. to race with.. what was sad about this is I would of loan the kid a motor and some batts to race with, but instead the guy got black balled from the track....never saw him again
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #43
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yes I agree, certain parts of Florida are hotbeds for ID teft.

Same goes for Houston.
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #44
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

That is why you and your friends get together to see which two guys go get lunch for everyone while the others are keeping an eye on your stuff. I'd rather be the one to go once in a while and know that guys are looking out for you. If everyone goes, nobody is around to watch anything. On a later date someone else goes for lunch.
Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
Thanks to the SoCal guys that help me & "Tha Man" Paul Lemieux
Racing TC Class where allowed with what I have.
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #45
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Geetoo Send a message via Yahoo to Geetoo

Often times, you really cant keep a close watch on your things if the race gets exciting. On my community, only cigarette sticks get stolen and cellphone and ipods are surely safe.
Geetoo is offline   Reply With Quote