Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
keeping up with the Jones' >

keeping up with the Jones'

keeping up with the Jones'

Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamButter

P.S. Xray beat your Tamiyas at the worlds.... try looking up accurate info next time.

Top Ten IFMAR 1/10 Electric On Road 2006 World Championship
1. Andy Moore - HotBodies/Team Orion Revolution
2. Masami Hirosaka - Yokomo/Team Orion Revolution
3. Paul Lemieux - Xray/Truespeed
4. Marc Rheinard - Tamiya/Team Orion Revolution
5. Viktor Wilck - Xray/Team Orion Revolution
6. Teemu Leino - Schumacher/Team Orion Revolution
7. Surikarn Chaidejsuriya - HotBodies/Team Orion Revolution
8. Ronald Völker - HotBodies/LRP
9. Craig Drescher - Associated/Novak
10. Rick Hohwart - Tamiya/Peak Vantage
You guys are forgetting something, its not the car, its the driver. If paul ran a tamiya then he would be just as fast. If andrew moore ran a yokomo he would be just as fast. If Rheinard ran a Schumacher, he would be just as fast. it pisses me off to hear that everyone thinks a certain car is a gift from god just because it has won X amount of races, like what was posted about the xray and its success this past weekend. If The xray drivers were driving a different car then that said car would be all over the winners charts.

And to add to the debate, Mark Strasnick put an fk04 in the stock foam a main at the 07 novak race against many with 007's corally's, etc. Its in ones head that a newer car is nessesary.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LMAO.. what an absolue waste of time....Way to change your response to serve your original comment.. You talk about the worlds and then you use Reedy results.... Sure you aren't a lawyer? LMAO!!
As for having people bow down to me....RC is a hobby for me not a job. I don't need people nor do I want people to bow down to me. Perhaps you view it as such because I happen to have an opinion just like you do. Except that you can say whatever you wan't and what I say is wrong because I am sponsored by Xray. This is a pointless topic and it is not only a dead horse it has already been to the glue factory more than once.

Have fun with your minis......

Sincerely,

Smug Xray Driver

P.S. Don't forget to bow....
Old 02-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by muahdib4
How many races did Paulie win before he ran the Xray?" Which to me would mean that he didn't win at all until he got an XRay.

I have to say that paul was very successful when he was running for Losi.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Switch Blade
You guys are forgetting something, its not the car, its the driver. If paul ran a tamiya then he would be just as fast. If andrew moore ran a yokomo he would be just as fast. If Rheinard ran a Schumacher, he would be just as fast. it pisses me off to hear that everyone thinks a certain car is a gift from god just because it has won X amount of races, like what was posted about the xray and its success this past weekend. If The xray drivers were driving a different car then that said car would be all over the winners charts.

And to add to the debate, Mark Strasnick put an fk04 in the stock foam a main at the 07 novak race against many with 007's corally's, etc. Its in ones head that a newer car is nessesary.

No one, or at least I, never said a new car was necessary. The 04 is considered by MANY to be the best platform Xray has worked with. Driver does make a huge difference. Again its a combination of driver and car.

It has never been said that a certain driver couldnt win with another car....but you cannot argue that certain drivers have not done beter with certain cars. BTW...Andy Moore ran for Xray a while ago....He has done better with the HB. Perfect example of how certain cars suit certain drivers...
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Didn't Kellner put an E-bayed up TC3 in stock rubber A-main at the 2007 Novak Race?
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Traxxis could afford'm. I mean they do have a truck in the monster jam truck events. I guess all the yanks would drive for them if the price is right?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

for the record I am not ripping on the 007. I owned one and I have to admit to this date it was the best car i had built. I had to do almost no hand fitting or anything. The only reason I gave it up was part support. I have the privilage of racing at the same track as paul and am good friends with him, but I cannot always go to him if I need parts. He has hooked me up in the past when I was broke and the shop didnt have what I needed, but I never wanted to take anything from him, even if he offered to.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I kind of hope XRay works on a second car that's more suited to BL/LiPo and revives the 04 design. They've surely got the resources, reputation and customer base to support two different sedan designs. They could keep many of suspension parts and just include new CF and aluminum bits.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I want them to re-release the T1R best dang rubber asphalt racer I ever owned. (With the long arms).
Old 02-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Tech Champion

I had my tc3 for 5 years... time to move on, I outgrew the car and it was pointless throwing parts at a car so old
Old 02-13-2007, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

I've looked at Xrays before when I tried on-road and I'll admit they have that certain extra quality look to them but as I mentioned before if carefully worked on a car like my old CGM can be faster and it was a better driver that won in the example I gave (the fact he was driving an Xray is imaterial).

With that being said I have yet to see the kit made with the same level of accuracy of say a Rolls Royce for example. Show me the kit with "0" slop in any parts (inc ball joints) and I'll buy it. Even Xray is not that good.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
I've looked at Xrays before when I tried on-road and I'll admit they have that certain extra quality look to them but as I mentioned before if carefully worked on a car like my old CGM can be faster and it was a better driver that won.

With that being said I have yet to see the kit made with the same level of accuracy of say a Rolls Royce for example. Show me the kit with "0" slop in any parts (inc ball joints) and I'll buy it. Even Xray is not that good.
you'll never get a car with zero slop as to acheive this you'd have to bind up the suspension and the car would be a bag s**t
Old 02-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

Why do I buy new cars, or batteries, or motors?

Because if I don't, my money-grabbing, two-timing, bint of an ex-wife will get her grubby mits on my hard-earned cash!

Oh, and I'm not bitter

But seriously though, I'm not joking
Old 02-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Post Oh really......

Originally Posted by Boosta
you'll never get a car with zero slop as to acheive this you'd have to bind up the suspension and the car would be a bag s**t
perhaps I should have said "0" slop that can be detected by hand....I'll be sure to pass on your comments about no slop equallying s**t to the likes of Rolex and co or any other company that prides itself on accuracy levels that RC makers could only hope to emulate.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default YEAH REALLY

Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
perhaps I should have said "0" slop that can be detected by hand....I'll be sure to pass on your comments about no slop equallying s**t to the likes of Rolex and co.
Please do i'd hate for the guys at rolex to produce a s**t car with zero slop

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.