R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   My garage burned down on Saturday. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/149172-my-garage-burned-down-saturday.html)

Fred Perkins 02-11-2007 05:05 PM

My garage burned down on Saturday.

I know this post may not be in the right section but I wasn't sure where to put it. Seeing as most people know me through on-road I figured I would post it here.

Yesterday my 5 car detached garage burned to the ground. I was not home at the time. My father and a friend were in there working on a custom harley motorcycle. I am still not exactly sure what happned all I know is that some gasoline spilled and one of the heaters in the garage ignited it.

Both my Father and his friend made it out with little injury but the garage 3 cars, a fully restored 1955 nomad, a custom 1989 chevy s-10 lowrider pickup, a custom harley motorcycle and chevy cavialer (belonging to my faters friend) were destoryed. Along with a hand made table that was my wifes decesed grandfathers and pricless NASCAR collectables. Also my pit tables, EZ-Ups, extention cords, tools, compressor, trophys and things you wold normally keep in a automotive garage.

The reason I am posting this is because I wanted to thank JEFF JONES and every one who was at his race in horsham PA for taking a collection and donating $100 to me and my family.

I help every one who asks and I never ask for any thing in return and NEVER WILL! THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED!! Just the fact that you wanted to help means more to me than you will ever know.

I am not asking for anything but, people have asked "how they can help or donate?" so if you wish to donate I will not turn it down and let it be known that it will go to rebuilding my fathers 1955 car.

Fred Perkins
1 Alden ave.
Delran NJ 08075

paypal [email protected]

Fred Perkins 02-11-2007 05:09 PM

I also wanted to add that my 10 year old son is amazing! He got my puppy leashed and out of the house in the blink of an eye! When we finally got back into the house his video game was still paused!
WAY TO GO SON!

Matt M. 02-11-2007 05:43 PM

fred

i feal for you. i am a firefighter here in town, and one cold jan morning i got a page for a shed on fire at my parents address.....long story short, the fire was caused by a electric outlet. i lost my 71 chevele ss, that i had been restoring, i stupidly had no ins. (the car when i got it was in peices....) i never figured i didnt need it, i lost the car, my atv(insured), a 69 chev pickup, my trusty farmall h, and many other items.....

it is dificullt.

i wish you well in getting your stuff replaced and luckly noone was injured....

one word of advice, think very hard about what was in the garage......i still find myself finding things that are gone(last year i was looking for my hunting clothes.)...yup, in the barn.......my ins company was vewry good to me, i hope yours is to you.......

MAtt

Fred Perkins 02-11-2007 05:45 PM

Thanks Matt! I am sure the list will be long

wyd 02-11-2007 05:52 PM

Fred I'm very sorry to hear about your loss but glad to see you and the family are all doing well. You need anything drop me a PM.

Brian

Fred Perkins 02-11-2007 05:59 PM

Thanks brian.
My dad just called he is in some pain from the burns but is in good spirit.

A. Rhodes 02-11-2007 06:03 PM

Fred - that sucks. Luckily no one got hurt and all your RC stuff is still safe :D . Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Team Speedy 02-11-2007 06:03 PM

Luckily your alive and well! Your lucky it didn't expand to your residence which in turn could of resulted in a much "deadier" result! I'm glad your son, father and yourself are doing well. As that saying goes, "materials can always be replace, lives can't.."

Dan

R.Dalnogare 02-11-2007 06:04 PM

Bust of luck Fred, nice seeing you agian today at horsham. Jeff Jones is the man! hes always there to help out when its needed.

SRW141 02-11-2007 06:04 PM

Fred, sorry to hear about your loss. But glad to hear everyone is okay. Like Brian said, if you need something send a pm or email.

Fred Perkins 02-11-2007 06:19 PM

Thank you every one. You are correct lives are irreplaceable!

Bob Barry 02-11-2007 06:27 PM

Fred glad to hear papa perk is doing ok. Jeff's pretty amazing huh...never stops amazing me :) I'm sure I'll talk to you over the next couple days.

Fred Perkins 02-11-2007 06:35 PM

Thanks Bob and double thanks for handleing the coulple things for me yesterday.

Kraig 02-11-2007 06:58 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss Fred. As a kid we lost our house to a fire so I know exactly what you are going through.

Kraig
KT Hobbies

BSchorr 02-12-2007 03:42 AM

Dude, that sucks hardcore, good thing the 2 guys got out fast. I was watching Home Improvement with Tim Allen, and he had a Red Nomad, looked like a sweet grocery getter, sucks hardcore, sry for teh loss.