2003 ROAR ON-ROAD @ NC >

2003 ROAR ON-ROAD @ NC

2003 ROAR ON-ROAD @ NC

Old 03-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
2003 ROAR ON-ROAD @ NC

Is info true ? Anybody know?
I spoke with a racer today that just came back from the host track in NC.
He said he spoke with Don Hill the track owner. The track straight-away for the nats that he will be using is 200 ft. long and some of the lanes are 14 feet wide in some areas and 5-6 feet wide in others. He said Don said that the track layout he is using now is the one he is using for the Nats, He said Don is not changing the track layout for the nats, it is to much work. He also said that the track asphalt is layed over a running spring water well under ground and water seeps up through the asphalt every day, so the track stays wet some of the day on some parts. Also the track will be open for practice on Monday. None of this sounds right does anybody know if this is all true?
There is a lot more info that is not worth going into, this does not sound very good. I know he is trying so nobody take this message wrong. But this is going to make racers stay home if even 1/2 true.
Maybe if this info is true and the host track reads this, they will change some thing for the racers to want to sign up for the race.

ROAR also needs to step up and help change these issues if true.

Last edited by YLLIB; 03-17-2003 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

thanks

Last edited by YLLIB; 03-17-2003 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This will preobably get moved to the racing forum, but I'm interested in hearing what the NC guys that race there or have raced there say about that. That's a looong drive to race on a wet track. Plus, if the straight is 200", they may as well eliminate qualifying and just dyno everyone's motors for qualifying positions...lol
Old 03-17-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

I think Kilruf... a guy that is on this site... races there, and it is his hometown track. I spoke with him in Florida at the Birds about going to this event. Ill email him and see if i can get any response to what has been said.
- Dave
Old 03-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, im a local racer there. I raced at the birds also... I was the Hispanic guy hanging around Jimmy, Ron, Hank, Joseph.. and Mindblown himself.

I guess you guys have really heard a lot of Rumors.

Let me try and get all your questions answered.

Track layout- Don changes the track layout all the time thats why he made it with moving parts not permanent ones. Don is not the type of guy to just sit there and do nothing. He has made great improvements to the track already.. extended the drivers stand, fixed the pit lane for nitro, and someother stuff.

Wet track- well there are some parts that have some water seep through, but you have to consider the time of year and the weather. Their is a big difference between 50 degrees/cloudy skies, and 80 degrees/sun. By June the sun will definitely be out and the whole track will be dry(so no need to worry about that unless its raining)

If you havent seen the track site here it is... www.thercspeedway.com Their are pics and all sorts of info. You should also checkout the Radiocontrolzone forum all the drivers that race there talk on that Thread(club/track forums, rcspeedway)

Let me know if you need any info
Attached Thumbnails 2003 ROAR ON-ROAD @ NC-dsc00111-1.jpg  
Old 03-17-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Thanks you Ortiz
Old 03-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Taken from the host track's website:

Reserved Personal Table/Chair covered Team Pit Space ( 40 ) 2’ x 5‘ available......................... $ 30 ea.....
Are there other tracks that charge for pit spaces? I thought it was first come first served....
Old 03-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im not to sure about that statement,. so You might want to ask Don himself.. here is his email address...

[email protected]
Old 03-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

the track leaks/seeps?????

So does this mean you have to bring a wet car along as well or make sure everything is water proofed?

Whats the ROAR rule for puddles on the track???? if its under 5ft in size is ok but bigger its got to be dried?
Old 03-17-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

BigDog... What is going on? I guess he is charging for pit space. I saw that too in the ROAR Rev-Up magazine. I don't know many places that charge for pit space but I guess there is a first for everything.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

That is a first. I can understand paying a fee for use of the track to take care of electricity usage, but charging money just to hold a pit space?
Old 03-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Although some of these things may be true concerns for a ROAR National event- regardless of that fact this is still exactly why tracks close and no-one wants to open a new track for you rc racers!!!

As soon as this owner of this track gets wind of this-he is gonna be pissed because he is lambasted , tar'd and feathered before he even gets a chance to make changes.

And in reply to all the nasty replies this will bring-Spend a few thousand dollars of your own hard earned money, use hundreds of hours of your own time for no pay, open a track of your own and see how racers act!!!

Now-having said this-yes changes should be made if any of these accustaions can be proven correct, but you guys just blasted this guy with both barrels!!!! Totally unfair!!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I sent an email to Don inquiring about the pit space, he replied that there is reserved and general sections. After looking at the site it looks like there are:

-General Pit tables/chairs ( 192 ) are under a 40’x180’ Pavilion.
-Reserved Personal Table/Chair covered Team Pit Space ( 40 ) 2’ x 5‘ available
Old 03-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Mark, are you making the long trip?
Old 03-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi Neil-

It looks like it.

April, May and June are going to be some busy months.

Steve Wang and I are attending. You making the trip as well?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.