Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Won't Move

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Just Won't Move

Hi, I am Brock, and I just got a hpi sprint 2 yesterday. I drove it all yesterday and today and early today it started to jolt while moving and then completely stopped. Everything is connected and all batteries are charged to the fullest. I even tried the controlled on a different car and it worked. Can u guys please help me.?? thanks

enzo
Old 02-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Will the wheels turn together if you turn them, maybe by taking the pinion off, if not, you got something jammed in the transmission.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Will the wheels turn together if you turn them, maybe by taking the pinion off, if not, you got something jammed in the transmission.
Thanks, I tried that, and it works all 4 wheels turn in unison. But nothing works, the front wheels wont turn sideways or anything.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Rookie

OK, I did a little reading up and testing and i figured that its the Electronic reciever.
About how much do they run for?

Last edited by enzo354; 02-11-2007 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Mixed up part
Old 02-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Could be a hung brush. Try this take the motor out and pull up the ends of the springs (the ones against the brushes) and let go of the spring to have it slap against the brush. Then try the motor in the car.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Are you sure it's the receiver? Do the wheels still turn left and right? Maybe the brushes are sticking on your motor. That would explain the jolting.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

There are a few things that can cause this

1) Check to make sure all your connectors are plugged into the receiver. If you had a bad crash, you may have knocked a connector loose. Also, make sure that all the pins in the connectors are pushed in properly as well.

2) Make sure your crystals (reciever / controller) are pushed in properly

3) Check the switch on the speed control - was it damaged?

4) Does your battery have a broken contact - try plugging the motor in directly to the battery to see of the car still works (no transmission damage).

Sounds like you are kinda new to the hobby - you may want to head to a local knowlegable hobby shop or track and have them look at the car if the above doesn't cure the problem.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

where are you from? if we know that then someone might be able to direct you to your local hobby shop or local track for some help. sounds like there could be any one of a number of things that could go wrong.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

This thread is heart warming!!! Good to see people trying to help out a 'noob'. Many hobbies are elitist and exclude new particapants. For this hobby to grow this is exactly the attitude we need and it's nice to see.

Enzo; your best bet is to take it back to the hobbyshop you got it from. Most shops are very friendly and will help you solve your problem.

The sprint 2 is a very good first car. I started out wth a HPI sport kit 10 years ago and it served me well. I hope you enjoy your car.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Rookie

I got it to work. When i got it home i drove it and wiped out into a snow bank. It ran fine but then what i said happened. So i took a hair drier and blew it out. Works fine now.

Thanks for all the good advice, i felt like a noob lol