Wiki Posts
Search

Questions around Novak GTB / Airtronics M11 and Trigger Throw

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Questions around Novak GTB / Airtronics M11 and Trigger Throw

I posted on the Novak Stock Brushless thread this morning with little response so... I figured I might get an answer if I posted a new thread

I'm on my second GTB/13.5 combo... one on an MRE and I just installed one on my Evo V. So I am going through the setup and I come across Step 4F under Transmitter Adjustments:

Set Electronic Trigger Throw Adjustment to 70% throttle and 30% brake throw (or 7:3)

I use an Airtronics M11 radio... Can anyone tell me where and what adjustment this is???
Old 02-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Runin Ronin
I posted on the Novak Stock Brushless thread this morning with little response so... I figured I might get an answer if I posted a new thread

I'm on my second GTB/13.5 combo... one on an MRE and I just installed one on my Evo V. So I am going through the setup and I come across Step 4F under Transmitter Adjustments:

Set Electronic Trigger Throw Adjustment to 70% throttle and 30% brake throw (or 7:3)

I use an Airtronics M11 radio... Can anyone tell me where and what adjustment this is???
EPA.....Throttle end point ajustment...in most cases with a GTX speedo the EPA is..100% throttle ..100% brake... hope this helps
Old 02-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well i went through my manual and over my radio. unlike the m8 manual i still have it states that the trigger throw is factory at 70/30% and you could go to a 50/50% setting but it was changed with a screw. my m11 doesn't have the screw adjustment and there is no adjusment for it electronically. but you will need to go to the epa adjustment for throttle and brake all the way up then follow the set-up on the gtb instructions. i have that also and once it was programmed i have never had any troubles at all. there are some lower end radio models that you can change the throttle from 70/30 to 50/50 but i don't think it is a feature on the m11. even tried airtronics site and got no info there at all. i guess from here you may just have to call them and make sure. i know this isn't as clear an answer you were looking for , but it was the only i could find.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This is referring to the amount of travel in the trigger. If you watch the trigger when you squeese it from the neutral position there is much more throw to the throttle side, and a little to the brake side.

Like this... TTTTTTTTTTTNBBBB T being throttle, N being neutral, B being brake

Your M11 is a high end radio. It's set at 70/30. I don't think you can get it to go to 50/50. You'll find the 50/50 on RTR radios that have reverse.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AzBobby
well i went through my manual and over my radio. unlike the m8 manual i still have it states that the trigger throw is factory at 70/30% and you could go to a 50/50% setting but it was changed with a screw. my m11 doesn't have the screw adjustment and there is no adjusment for it electronically. but you will need to go to the epa adjustment for throttle and brake all the way up then follow the set-up on the gtb instructions. i have that also and once it was programmed i have never had any troubles at all. there are some lower end radio models that you can change the throttle from 70/30 to 50/50 but i don't think it is a feature on the m11. even tried airtronics site and got no info there at all. i guess from here you may just have to call them and make sure. i know this isn't as clear an answer you were looking for , but it was the only i could find.
Thank you... best answer I've heard. It makes sense if the factory setting is 7:3. I've setup two GTB/135.5 systems already and they both work great too (well, except for one... but, that's another topic)
Old 02-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sportpak
This is referring to the amount of travel in the trigger. If you watch the trigger when you squeese it from the neutral position there is much more throw to the throttle side, and a little to the brake side.

Like this... TTTTTTTTTTTNBBBB T being throttle, N being neutral, B being brake

Your M11 is a high end radio. It's set at 70/30. I don't think you can get it to go to 50/50. You'll find the 50/50 on RTR radios that have reverse.
Thank you as well!!! The GTB manual was referring to an "Electronic" trigger throw and a "Mechanical" trigger throw... and figuring that the M11 is a high end unit, my assumption was that it had an "Electronic" throw...

Thank you both!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yep no problem. all the adjustments related to throw are expo. settings and arc and that's not a ratio setting like your looking for. as for the one your having trouble with you can see the whole gtb manuals on teamnovak.com and look through the troubleshooting section and see if you can get it working. once you get the page up use your zoom so you can read it. actually in the elec. and nitro offroad forum theres is a thrread in there about gtb set up problems and i put a link to the maunual in there you can click on.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

thanks Ronin - i'm sticking with my M8! too much trouble!!