R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   the new most popular touring car? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/147966-new-most-popular-touring-car.html)

PoLsKiE 02-04-2007 12:21 PM

the new most popular touring car?

reply from the list what touring car will be the most popular when it comes out

1 Associated TC5

2 Schumacher Mi3

3 Team Losi JRX-S Type-R

4 Tamiya 415 msxxx

and what do you think will be still the most popular in 1 year from now??? voice your opinion

R/C Anonymous 02-04-2007 01:08 PM

I tihnk the Mi3 will be the most popular but the "hype" will go back to Xray after awhile.

Wayne1one 02-04-2007 01:11 PM

It really depends on where you live. I think the TC5 is going to be the car to get in the US.

Marcos.J 02-04-2007 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
It really depends on where you live. I think the TC5 is going to be the car to get in the US.

in the us it will be the mi3

syndr0me 02-04-2007 01:21 PM

In America, the TC5 will outsell the other's 10:1. Despite its foreign ownership, Associated is "America's" brand. That alone will sell kits, that kind of stuff still seems to mean something to the R/C crowd.

SpeedDesignz 02-04-2007 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by syndr0me
In America, the TC5 will outsell the other's 10:1. Despite its foreign ownership, Associated is "America's" brand. That alone will sell kits, that kind of stuff still seems to mean something to the R/C crowd.

The only drawback is that by the time they release the car. It will be way old technology. At my local tracks, Xray is the car of choice. Say out of 20 cars on a normal race day .. 16 of them are Xrays. It would be pretty hard to take down Xray especially when I hear the tc5 is a FK05 clone... wasnt that like 3 cars ago for xray ..lol .. I just feel like associated just fell asleep at the wheel and now they are going to have a hard time gettin back on the road.

I guess it would depend also on what part of the world your in too.

As for 1 year from now .. it will probably be an Xray product

but .....
I would like to see the Tamiya MsXX get my vote though !! :nod:

Budman 02-04-2007 01:36 PM

I believe the MI3.

syndr0me 02-04-2007 01:46 PM

If you make assumptions about a car's performance based solely on how it looks, you might drive an XRay.

jiml 02-04-2007 02:03 PM

The Mi3 will only be popular if you can get parts for it. Lack of parts support will kill any car. Ask anyone with an RDX.

We'll have to wait until May to see what the TC5 will do.

What? You don't really believe it will be ready in April, do ya?

PoLsKiE 02-04-2007 02:39 PM

i think personally losi is the best..... thats my opinion ive always been a losi guy and always will be and i cant wait untill i get my jrxs type-r.......but i cant wait to see when the tc5 is coming out if it will be a revolution or a HUGE FLOP lol

vabroom 02-04-2007 05:29 PM

Probably the TC5, if it performs like the Xray. Some will switch to it because it's a good ol' American-Taiwanese car.

UN4RACING 02-04-2007 05:53 PM

I would say Losi if the lipo boom keeps up?
And if the wieght requirements are lowered then Losi will dominate.
I think Losi has always been a little more costly than associated. But around here the two have competed pretty close. Right now I would probably buy the 1st to come out and try the other when it comes out.

llamont 02-04-2007 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by PoLsKiE
reply from the list what touring car will be the most popular when it comes out

1 Associated TC5

2 Schumacher Mi3

3 Team Losi JRX-S Type-R

4 Tamiya 415 msxxx

and what do you think will be still the most popular in 1 year from now??? voice your opinion

To answer your first question, I think the battle for #1 will be between the TC5, the Mi3, and the JRX-S Type R. All seem to be highly anticipated amongst racers. However, Xray will probably re-invent the wheel with a T3 008' (or something of that nature)and that will be the racers choice one year from now. Personally, I cant wait to see the TC5 and the JRX-S.

Loren

Skiddins 02-04-2007 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by syndr0me

I wonder how many RC racers there are in Slovakia? :D

Skiddins

F. Mendoza 02-04-2007 07:58 PM

I am an Xray guy myself. MI3 may do well, but not too many Schumacher cars in Southern California. Tamiya has good cars and are local but are as pricey for some. The JRXS didn't fair to well at the local tracks. My unbiased opinion is TC5. Even though the TC4 didn't do well, parts are least expensive to buy. A belt driven car will bring Team Associated back to respectability. Just my thought.