Originally Posted by RickyIS300
If you call them, someone there will get you RMA# and tell you to send the unit in. Some interesting questions remained:
-Are you willing to pay for the postage to mail the unit from U.K. to U.S.?
-Are they going to actually replace the unit for you and mail it back (postage prepaid?)
-Are you going to pay for the postage on the return trip in case they won't pay for it?
-How long is it going to take?
-Ultimately, is the replaced unit going to work properly?
It looks like you already concluded that this whole thing isn't going to work out.
I rang, they told me to send mine in. I did.
- I paid the postage from NZ to US
- They said they would replace the unit, which they better
- They better pay postage too, I won't be happy if I have to pay to get it back
- I'm hoping for about a month before I get it back, but I am prepared and expecting to wait longer then that
- And sadly, I am expecting the replaced unit to have the same problem
I am lucky, I am able to borrow another DPD off a friend while mine is away. But his has the same problem, faulty screen. I am starting to think that the screen problems with the DPD is quite a common accurance, and that the quality of the LCD is not that great. I am seriously considering looking at another discharger, but as someone else said, the DPD is a really great unit.