Novak ???

Old 01-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Novak ???

Not sure if this is the right place to post.

I have a novak GTB speed controller. It is design to be used with Senor type Brushless motor. My question is, would it work with "Senor Less" Brushless Motor?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chumanji
Not sure if this is the right place to post.

I have a novak GTB speed controller. It is design to be used with Senor type Brushless motor. My question is, would it work with "Senor Less" Brushless Motor?
Nope. There are ESC's coming that supposedly WILL do this, however. Orion's system, and I believe Castle has software coming that will do something similar.

In Castle's case, it will drive sensorless just fine, since it does that natively, and will drive sensored in sensorless mode. Orion's seems to do both, and will use a hybrid sensorlss/sensor system depending on the motor's RPM. For sensorless motors, it should work fine as well. LRP and Novak's ESCs only do sensored motors.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No.