Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offical Mi3 Photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The car looks very easy to build and maintain. Looks like it will also be very easy to make changes to the car between rounds without having to dismantle it down to the chassis.

Later,
Old 02-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattb
is the car going to be easy to build then?
i heard someone mention that it was possibal to strip and rebuild the car during heats is this true??
Well, all of the things that we designed into the car to makes it easy to work on also makes it really easy and fast to put together. From what I am told there are ~30 fewer parts to put together on an Mi3 compared to an Mi2EC.

Everything has been simplified and minimized.

The top deck is plenty strong. If you crash hard enough to break it then you crashed hard enoungh to break the same parts on any other car too.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks adran
can u tell me if the hinge pins are the same as the mi2ec?
wen i get the mi3 i want to change the pins over to the purple ti ones lol oh and the same question about the turnbuckles?

and how many screws on the car alltogether?
i know theres 10 on the bottom lol
thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mattb
thanks adran
can u tell me if the hinge pins are the same as the mi2ec?
wen i get the mi3 i want to change the pins over to the purple ti ones lol oh and the same question about the turnbuckles?

and how many screws on the car alltogether?
i know theres 10 on the bottom lol
thanks
The Mi3 pins are 2mm longer than the Mi2EC pins. I think the turnbuckles are the same as on the Mi2EC. I dont have a screw count but it is pretty low.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

damm is that all hinge pins that lengh

lol thanks anyway

soz i spelt your name wrong lol missed the i
ill have to invest in more pins lol
Old 02-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

The pins are longer to make the new suspension mounts stay better aligned. The spring steel hinge pins in the kit are quite a bit stronger than Ti units and the car is already WAY under weight so I plan in running what comes in the kit.

Our new turn buckles are also spring steel and are very strong.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

its more of the fact that i wanted them to be purple more than anything lol
my mi2ec needs 80 grams just to be legal lol
u said the mi3 was 05oz lighter which means roughly 16grams lol
Old 02-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Rookie

PaulW/ AdrianM.

Greetings,

have you had the Mi3 on foams on carpet???? (28mm) if so were there any issuses with rim width??? (i.e. spring reainers hitting rims etc) just wondering as I have never owned a Shuie or known anyone who has (yes I race in a very narrow brand (s) club)

Thank you for your time and answers

Fluri
Old 02-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

You guys may allready answered this but is there a new one way? If so is there a part # yet? Also is there a part # for a complete diff? Thanks!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Are the diffs for the MI2EC the same for the MI3? Also is there a part number for a complete diff?

Thanks,
Old 02-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRASH
Are the diffs for the MI2EC the same for the MI3? Also is there a part number for a complete diff?

Thanks,
Rear diff is similar - except that drive rings are notched for positive location. The Mi2-EC diff will fit in the car (and Mi3 diff will fit in the EC).

Front spool is similar - but much stronger. Again I believe the parts are forwards and backwards compatible (just that the new unit is heaps stronger and more wear-resistant due to design).

Sorry I don't know part numbers - but either PW or AdrianM posted a complete exploded diagram a little way back.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Talking Revolution

Wow! I have been driving Xray T2 and Cyclones. But this MI3 is just something. This kit will revolutionize the TC world for several reasons:
1. The new design and features will force other TC makers to make newer models to keep up with the new Mi3 technology. THis is good, since it makes all TC makers try to match Mi3 Quality and design and thus improve the TC class over all. Its like when associated introduced the TC3- it was something new, fresh, and the standard for a while, untill everyone cought up and overtook them in design and quality.

2. The Quality of parts and price- Mi3 is loaded with the best quality parts/material. You get the feeling that a fan and racer of TC's was the person designing the kit, as if he was designing it for his beloved son, to give him the edge in all areas. Its wonderful, and unpreseidented. I actually dont feel cheated, and for the price its an awesome deal. Again, this will force Xray and others to really work on their designs and prices, if they really want to compete with the Mi3. For example, an Xray t2-007, runs for abour $390-400. But it comes without sway bars kits. Xray sells these seperately for $28 a set for front and rear. So you're looking at $60 to get Xray ffront and rear swaybar kits, which dont come included in the kit. Its ridiculus and a ripp off. There are more issues, but you get the point. THis will have to change with Xray and all others using such tactics, since now the MI3 is for racers, by racers, all out, honest and fair!!! I have pre-ordered mine, and will sell my other cars and run Mi3 for years to come.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

has anyone raced the car against cyclones or raced the cyclone than the mi3 to see if there is a physical difrance on the track between them?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

how do you get signed up for an mi3 aka make an order for one.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
how do you get signed up for an mi3 aka make an order for one.
All you have to do is find somewhere that is taking pre-oders for them. I got mine at www.speedtechrc.com, and Fast Track has a link right in his signature that'll take you to a Mi3 pre-order. But those are just two places, there are several other places that you can pre-order them I'm sure.

And to appease the "support your local hobby shop" crowd, I'll put this in BOLD.

Don't forget that you can/should be able to pre-order one of these from your local hobby shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.