R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Question: Futaba T2ER & Tamiya TEU-101BK ESP (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/146931-question-futaba-t2er-tamiya-teu-101bk-esp.html)

Toolbox™ 01-28-2007 09:39 PM

Question: Futaba T2ER & Tamiya TEU-101BK ESP

I just got two Futuba T2ER's for a Tamiya Enzo and a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin. Both use the stock TEU-101BK Electronic Speed Controllers and both have the same problem, if it is a problem at all. The reverse doesn't seem to work very well on both toys. At times, when I pull the stick back for reverse, it doesn't work and I have to try it a couple of times, before it finally responds. It this normal? Or do I have to get better hardware for it to work the way I thought it was supposed to.

I really don't know what needs to be done to remedy this problem. Is it the Futaba or the ESP?

I know these are both entry level toys but would like them to work properly for my son and I to play with. He enjoys running over the Enzo TT-01 with the Pumpkin.

Cheers and thanks for the help. :)

t4m1y4niac 01-29-2007 04:59 AM

try to re-set up the esc....

forum fodder 01-29-2007 05:19 AM

The TEU101 is forward brake and reverse. While moving forward if you move the stick/trigger on your transmitter to reverse you get brakes. The stick/trigger then needs to be returned to neutral position before reverse can be used. If your trims are not set correctly the neutral position might might quite be reached properly or even over shot into forward movement again, so you may have problems getting reverse. Try setting the trims back to neutral and re-setting the ESC throttle positions.

Toolbox™ 01-30-2007 11:31 AM

Excuse my ignorance but how do I reset the ESC? I threw away all the manuals except the one for the kit.

I'll try adjusting the trim as well to see if that'll help.

Will I get better performance if I get a set of betters ESC's for the two toys?

Thnks so much. :)

forum fodder 01-31-2007 05:23 PM

It would have been a good idea to have kept that manual. Anyway here goes

trim to centre
transmitter on
car on
ESC Beeps once
press set button (½ second)
ESC continuous single flash
throttle to max forward and press button
ESC continuous double flash
throttle to max reverse and press button
ESC Stops flashing and is set up

Simple

Toolbox™ 01-31-2007 05:42 PM

Thanks for the instructions... much appreciated. I will try and later and let you know how it goes. :)

sonike 12-22-2007 12:35 AM

hi there....jus got a new tamiya 101 esc...but i can't seem to set it...followed the instructions on the manual but unable to set it....the moment i switch it on, it just keeps on flashing....even when i press the set button....during neutral, throttle and brake....it just keeps flashing ....

helppppp........:(

kami 10-29-2009 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by sonike (Post 3997315)
hi there....jus got a new tamiya 101 esc...but i can't seem to set it...followed the instructions on the manual but unable to set it....the moment i switch it on, it just keeps on flashing....even when i press the set button....during neutral, throttle and brake....it just keeps flashing ....

Have you disconnected the motor cables, then try setting it up??

Try holding the set button for a couple of seconds for every instruction

Is your pin from the esc (throttle cable) fully inserted into the (forgot what its called) is it the transmitter (thingy above the servo),

Best of luck

Hope this helped

sosidge 10-29-2009 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by sonike (Post 3997315)

It flashes like that when it is getting no signal.

So a problem with your physical setup, either the receiver cable, or your radio settings.

Scratch2k 11-18-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Toolbox™ (Post 2977884)
I just got two Futuba T2ER's for a Tamiya Enzo and a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin. Both use the stock TEU-101BK Electronic Speed Controllers and both have the same problem, if it is a problem at all. The reverse doesn't seem to work very well on both toys. At times, when I pull the stick back for reverse, it doesn't work and I have to try it a couple of times, before it finally responds. It this normal? Or do I have to get better hardware for it to work the way I thought it was supposed to.

I really don't know what needs to be done to remedy this problem. Is it the Futaba or the ESP?

I know these are both entry level toys but would like them to work properly for my son and I to play with. He enjoys running over the Enzo TT-01 with the Pumpkin.

Cheers and thanks for the help. :)

I know this thread is ancient but I found it while searching because I have a similar problem after building a new Lunchbox with a 3PL radio.

I can forward without a problem, if I hit reverse it brakes as it should, then I return the trigger to neutral and reverse again to go in reverse and the car hesitates for about half a second then takes off at full speed reverse.

I've tried setting up the ESC twice now but it still behaves the same, I'll try fiddling with the trim on the radio but if anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

Toh WL 11-18-2010 04:48 PM

to me i used the teu-101bk on my first rc car with sanwa am radio.. so far no issues till now.

u need to trim the throttle to centre. your wheels should not spin. reset the esc, then do the setup per manual.

another suggestion try setup with a different radio. that is the best bet to confirm if the esc is fine.

Andrei2j 12-09-2011 04:10 PM

i had the same problem,its all about the 2 set of wires and how do you plug them.The servo must be in the middle...