Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Who will be first? >

Who will be first?

Who will be first?

Old 02-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muahdib4
True and I know you aren't baggin anyone. I also wouldn't say a lot more expensive. M03M $114, F103GT $130 and TA05 $140 and that's US prices. You're talking a LOT less if you order from Japan and a fully hopped-up TA05 is still under $300 and completely TCS legal and the new TA05R looks like it's only going to be about $250 or so and it's rockin and ready. The TRF415 is only legal in TCS GT1 so there is still GT2 and GT3. I'm not knocking any other companies for doing what they do...it's just Tamiya makes affordable, competitive chassis that are constantly overlooked.
And what have you been smoking?
$300 for a fully hopped up TA05
Old 02-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Cool Cool as long as you make it out of your resort you should be fine..I had a coulpe of bustas in my heat than off to the resort..With all the new rides coming out it otta be good one for sure.See ya soon..

Right on Homie......I'll see you down here for the Birds.... if you haven't left yet have a safe flight...
Old 02-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

UMM? Can I just say?

Corally
Losi
AE
Old 02-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
UMM? Can I just say?

Corally
Losi
AE
What are you talking about? Oh thats right, thats what this thread was about.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Don't make me get Shane to shut this shit down!! Wait, I started this thread, it was the rest of you that made it more then it should have been.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
And what have you been smoking?
$300 for a fully hopped up TA05
Yep...when was the last time you bought one??? Price them from RC-Champ and then talk to me. I just bought one with every hop-up Tamiya makes and it was $287 US. I did skip the reversible lightweight suspension because you don't need it. For that price I also got a few spares .
Old 02-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AdrianM
It wasn't meant to be a sideways comment. You guys all need to understand that there is very little to no antimosity among most manufacturers. Most of us are very good friends with people at other companies.

All of us managment guys work together on projects. We have beers together after long days at trade shows, etc. The drivers are the same. Heck, at some point almost everyone was a team mate with everyone else
I would never expect animosity from you. You seem to be a very down to earth person and I've never seen you bash any other manufacturers. I do respect your opinions though I may not agree at times.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Lord

Best thread of the week.

Last edited by UN4RACING; 02-02-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamButter
You don't actually think the TA05 is just as good as any other tourer out there do you? If you are referring to parking lot and local racers, sure, but if you mean on a higher level such as with the other "high end" touring cars you mention the TA05 can't compete.......

You don't see a TA05 MR edition do you?

I do agree though...Tamiya has the broadest line of cars available..from a Hornet (my 1st car) to the TRF 415.21 MSX MR WC .2345!!
Go ahead and build one, hop it up and let'er rip. You'll be surprised, everyone always is. Racing is MOSTLY driver, as you know, and I'll bet you that with practice you'll run laptimes just as fast with the TA05. I know people always want to say that since a pro sponsored driver doesn't use it then it can't be good but that isn't the case. TA05s win at the club level all the time and the only reason they don't win the big races is...ready...nobody races them. Nobody wants to see a cheaper chassis win..then nobody would buy the expensive blinged out things.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not sure what I dislike the most, racing RC Toy cars, or the people that you have to put up with at the tracks in order to go race them.

Reading this thread has made me definately not want to start racing again.

See you guys in another six months.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Lord

Speedy dude don't run off man. Its just a bunch of guys hanging out. Bottom line, its pit talk. Dogg'n each other is just part of being able to lose or win.
Its a way of saying I'm going to try and put a pass on you next week.
You have to picture the reading like a bunch of guys throwing wauded paper at each other. And an occasional whip of a pit towel. So come on back, hang for awhile and just view the reading in a different tone.
Sure the thread started out simple, and it was encouraged to be some thing simple. But a thread like this is open to a few left turns. Its really no big deal.
And it will enlighten anyone who reads it.
So I'll just say Adrian was the hardest worker of the week last week.
He deserves a vacation. I learned a lot this week due to him. Schumacher had better hang on to him with all they got. Personally I would have given up.
Hes good. And I mean that as a hand shake. Read ya next time.
PS. I think we should go over to syndrOmes' bench racing thread and make'm feel good.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:21 PM
R/C Tech Founder

It seems rather elitist to act like RC racing is the only place where we see people acting out, trying to get attention, attacking each other, lighting up tempers, drinking too much, doing this, doing that, and on and on.

Don't you people ever get out?

Pick any hobby anywhere doing anything. What will you see? Most likely 95% of the people being great and enjoying what they do, and 5% doing some or all of the above.

You guys can sit here and piss on about it all day long, but the people who are looking for that attention are not going to stop. They are what they are. Learn to deal with them, or move on. In many of the cases (look at what Barry posted, for example) they know they are wrong and may have just made a mistake.

Anyway, just seems like a silly discussion, even for the internet.

So in conclusion...

......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll................................
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................
Old 02-06-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SirSpeedy
I'm not sure what I dislike the most, racing RC Toy cars, or the people that you have to put up with at the tracks in order to go race them.

Really? Wow, then seek professional help or lock yourself back in the basement where the big, bad talking people can't say anything to you.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Good lord!!!!!! Shane you are either a master at ctrl+c and ctrl+v or you have way to much time on your hands!!!! WHat a lovely mosaic!! LMFAO!!!!

I love the internet!!!!!!! Where's Suangka when you need him?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SirSpeedy

You sound like you need to stay away from R/C or get a better paying job with a quote like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.