R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Which way to go? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/146522-way-go.html)

Captain Harlock 01-26-2007 08:34 AM

Which way to go?

Hi guys,

I'm very interested in both the HB Cyclone Moore edition and the all new Xray T2'007 touring cars, but I really don't know which one should I choose.

Please, some feedbacks on both rigs would help alot.

Thanks,

Alawi El-Jifri :)

pug 205 gti 01-26-2007 08:54 AM

ive had similar descision to i was choosing out of 3

1.tamiya msx mre
2.hotbodies cyclone wce
3.xray t2 007 eu

its all down to what surface your going to run on.all the top touring cars are designed to a very high standard.and share a very simular chasisis layout.
dont be a sheep and follow the flock.just read up on each section of each car you like, then weigh up all the pros and cons.

im glad someone posted up this thread.hopefully you will get some balanced answers that will bring for an interesting read

hierog 01-26-2007 09:43 AM

they are all great cars! personally, i love Tamiya, even though i don't have any spare support from my LHS. I don't mind buying online though. If you want/need part support, buy the cars that your LHS carries.
This question comes out once a month and it always comes down to:

parts support locally
and who runs what locally so you can get setup help

vic

AssocRacer 01-26-2007 09:43 AM

Both cars rock at my local track, but the X-ray does have the advantage over the Hot Bodies car. Pick one that has the best part support at your local track, talk to the fast guys, see what cars they are running. We are also lucky enough to have an x-ray guy for tech support :)

Captain Harlock 01-26-2007 10:10 AM

I'm a big fan of Japanese rc touring cars. Their designs are top notch.
I really don't like the X'Rays that much, but since the t2'007 has the lowest bulks and cg ever, it easily caught my eye. To be honest, I'm only an intricate modeller( all about looks and quality) who only bashes back and forth. I don't race at all. Simply because racing puts your car closer to it's death. When I bash, I feel what the car's feeling, so, though I crash it, I try not to crash it so much.

In my country( Saudi Arabia), there's only one LHS in the eastern region and a branch in the west coast.
It's the main distributer of Tamiya products, and he rarely carries the highend rigs like the TRF4** and TB Evos.

I buy most of my things from the net for over 4 years, now.

The standards I've put to myself when I buy a certain car is the following:

- Grade of aluminum the car's bulkhead is made of.

- After market support.

- International races that rig has won.

- Durability and strength.

- Overall look and design.

- Number of aluminum parts the car has( out of the box, the cyclone has the upper hand).

- Price and parts availability in online shops.( Tamiya's hi end cars aren't supported very well in term of parts in the net( towerhobbies and stormerhobbies), though I'm a very biased tamiya fan).

Why I like the cyclone is because it has a very large selections of parts in towerhobbies and stormerhobbies, too.

Why I like the T2'007, is because it has lots of aluminum upgrades from the mother company, but the total amount of the kit with all the hop ups can easily top $700.

So, I want your PERSONAL preference in this matter.

UN4RACING 01-26-2007 10:26 AM

I've been giving a lot of thought to this. I'm in the market to get a new car.
Right now its all xray, except for the parts availability its a great deal. Where talking ready to rock right out of the box build it and go racing. Right now I'm waiting to research the TC5 before I make the purchase. It appears they have hit the target with this car. And parts availability are in every shop from here to ten buck two, a definite plus. If all the hype is correct the wait is all most over. Today all cars are almost so equal, the easiest and cheapest for parts and availability are a important part. Not to mention Losi and associated are really good supporters of the tracks and hobby shops.

UN4RACING 01-26-2007 10:34 AM

Captain: Xray is my personal preference.
Quality with out sacrifice. I don't care about price. That's like not being able to wait for the paint to dry if you can catch my drift.
If parts were more available I wouldn't even give a second thought to the quality or performance of the Xray. That is if parts were more over the counter. :nod:

pug 205 gti 01-26-2007 10:37 AM

un4racing "Right now I'm waiting to research the TC5 before I make the purchase. It appears they have hit the target with this car".

i remember doing the samething with the tc4.
dont look back in anger i hear you cry

"BUT I DOES!" Not for me thanks

GroffBall 01-26-2007 10:40 AM

I have a PRO4 which uses the same suspension as the Cyclone and I must say if you are going to run the cyclone get aluminum knuckles and castor blocks as I break those almost every race day.

XMSRacing 01-26-2007 12:20 PM

Xray, plain and simple.

I've knocked them in the past for coming out with new cars so often... etc. But now that I own one, I find it hard to belive I could be convinced to by something else. This car is designed and built like no other I have owned. (Tamiya, Losi, Associated)

To be honest though - any of those cars will be fast, it just comes down to driver and if you can drive clean for 5 minutes.

I'm not quite there yet. :blush:

Captain Harlock 01-26-2007 12:24 PM

If, by any means, I'll get the Cyclone, I'll use the aluminum steering blocks, uprights, and the knuckles of the TB-Evolution IV.

They're made by Square, quite a good company IMHO, and I have no problem in modifying the Cyclone's suspension to accept them.

The aluminum stuff of the Pro4 which is made by square is not available at speedtechrc.com as of now.

I have the Cyclone Moore Edition on backorder at towerhobbies right now.

There's a very big chance that I might skip it and save for a fully hopped up T2'007 or probably the TRF415MSXX?!?!

UN4RACING 01-26-2007 05:12 PM

I had a TC3 was loking to try some thing else. he said try the Xray and it will be the last sedan you drive. And I've been running them for four years. I'm intrusted to see the TC5. Read you all later. :tire:

Captain Harlock 01-27-2007 10:42 AM

Someone knows where can I find a place which has a TRF415MSX MRE kit?

These have become the rarest kits right now.

trf_racer 01-27-2007 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Harlock

Try ebay. Some online shops have them.

Why don't you wait for TRF415MSXX? It will be the newest version!

Runin Ronin 01-27-2007 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Harlock

http://www.ampdraw.com/

Shane has them in stock!!!