Wiki Posts
Search

TT-01 Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

TT-01 Tuning

Hi,
I've had my TT-01 for a couple of months now and I was wondering if there are any tuning tips or parts that I should get? (eg Sport Tuned Motor, Spur and Pinion. etc. ) which will make my car more competitive, handle a bit better...etc

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Replace the bushings with ball bearings is almost a given... handling there are adjustable steering rods and a arms you can get carried away with shocks etc. but at that stage it may be better to upgrade to something like a ta05
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

CVA Mini shock or TRF shock unit plus spring set will improve your handling. Spur (58T/55T) and pinion (22T - 25T) will increase the speed. Generally TT01 is just better than a toy in stock form. You'll need lots of hop-ups to get it competitive. That's why I've spend lots of money on it.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I've also had the tt01 for a few months now. after a few hundred dollars on motors, pinions, and aluminium parts i think i've come across a reasonable combination. i found that a good battery (i used 3600 mah) helped heaps as well. but like another said, it's all in the hop up mods as far as the handling goes.