Wiki Posts
Search

What's with LRP ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default What's with LRP ???

Just wondering what is with LRP quantum speed controls? I ordered one three months ago and has been on back order since. Has anyone heard of any problems???
Old 01-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

An LHS owner that I talk to quite often said that every quantam esc that he has sent that needed major repair, they attempted or did replace with a Sphere. It sounds to me that they jumped both feet into the brushless controller side, which is a shame. I run stock 1/12th and refuse to put a controller that big into my Rev.4.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I run stock 1/12th and refuse to put a controller that big into my Rev.4.
I agree, I'm trying to get one to fit into my mini cooper. Do you think they will ever get back to making regular speed controls this year?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new Comp Sphere is awesome! I have one in my 1/12 SpeedMerchant 4.5 as well as my sedan. I run brushed or brushless in my 1/12 and have changed the wire to 16ga and it fits easy with room to spare. I love how smooth the new Comp Sphere is very very smooth for 1/12.
All of the new changes take time, but the LHS should be able to get them by the end of the week!
Brian
Old 01-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wildman
All of the new changes take time, but the LHS should be able to get them by the end of the week!
Brian
Get Spheres or QC2s (or *gasp* QC3s)? Like I said, I think the brushless controllers are too bulky for just racing stock. I don't see anytime in the future that I will race anything other than stock brushed motors.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Maybe it's time for a Novak ESC? Performance, small, support and made in the US
Old 01-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think the QC3 has been shelved as the Sphere Comp is a better brushed speedo than the QC3. It has a lower on resistance and can handle more heat and power than the QC3.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Legend

Adrian

You mean its smoother and goes faster than Q2 or a Q3 ?

Dang !

being someone who`s used the Q2 ...

No doubt`s in my mind the Sphere is more superior performance wise...
Old 01-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Maybe it's time for a Novak ESC? Performance, small, support and made in the US
I agree. Have you ever tried to get tech support from LRP??? It's HORRIBLE. I remember checking out thier forums once, and there were people posting questions for thier techs and they had gone like three or four months without any responses.... not good for buisness. I won't buy the LRP because of the lousy tech support, and after seeing the problems that the guys at my local track have been having with thier brushless set ups, i won't be switching to brushless anytime soon either....
Old 01-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
I agree. Have you ever tried to get tech support from LRP??? It's HORRIBLE. I remember checking out thier forums once, and there were people posting questions for thier techs and they had gone like three or four months without any responses.... not good for buisness. I won't buy the LRP because of the lousy tech support, and after seeing the problems that the guys at my local track have been having with thier brushless set ups, i won't be switching to brushless anytime soon either....
Well not everyone does support on forums. Associated and Reedy import LRP onto the US and every time I have had to call about an LRP unit of mine they answered the phone and took great care of me. This goes back to when I was a 16 year old nobody bagging groceries to pay for r/c parts 20 years ago.

If you have a problem call AE and they will take care of you.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

I sent in a Quantum comp 1 a month ago and LRP fixed it nice and quick, for a half decent price as well. Seemed ok to me, but yeah I think AE has kinda dropped the ball a bit with importing LRP lately. Their stuff is a pain to get, which I why Novak is so great, lol.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

I have gone through 2 LRP quantum pro sport digitals and have heard from an LRP distrubuter that they have had alot of this model back i have since gone to NOVAK and have not had a single glitch yet except perhaps my driving

cheers
Chris