R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Cobra Trackside Truer

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a cheap tire truer. I am currently running a Mardave indoors and will some day get round to getting my T2 back running again

I have found the above and seems like a good price and i am looking for some hel from anyone who has one to let me know what its like? my main motivation for going for one of these is that eagle state they will make an arbor for it. As no-one such as Hudy etc. dont make one this seems like a good thing to me!! and i have heard horror stories of people trying to modify them unsucessfully....

Anyhow... just wondering the following:

How good is it at taking the tires down? (tyres are normally quite thick to begin with)
How are the Arbors are attatched? is it like the chuck of a drill and you can put an axle in it somehow?
What do you do when the sanding drum runs down? can you get new pads for the drum from a hardware shop or do i need to order from a place which stocks Cobra stuff (dont think there is any in UK)

Please i really need some help on this.

Any help would be great or even if you know someone who can help.... oh... added pic of truer so you know what i mean
Attached Thumbnails
Cobra Trackside Truer-tiretruer.jpg  
DavidT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #2
Tech Adept

I have the Corba and it work fine just a little messy and a little slow, but it cuts fine and true.
rockdog200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Check out the Integy truer's. We have one at our track and its open to the public, that sucker has trued more tire's than you can imagine and they have one to fit every budget, No lie money well spent on the Integy. Our community integy truer is the best one I've seen and proven.
A Special Thanks to Arno and Rigor for there support...
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote