Community
Wiki Posts
Search

protoform mazdaspeed6

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

protoform mazdaspeed6

hi guys just sprayed my protoform mazdaspeed6. as i was cutting out the wing i accidently cut along the second line so the wing isnt as tall so less downforce what will this do to the handeling of the car? iam running rubbers indoors high grip track i was worried that it wont give me enough traction? what do you guys run them at? thanks in advance stephen
Old 01-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephen hilton
hi guys just sprayed my protoform mazdaspeed6. as i was cutting out the wing i accidently cut along the second line so the wing isnt as tall so less downforce what will this do to the handeling of the car? iam running rubbers indoors high grip track i was worried that it wont give me enough traction? what do you guys run them at? thanks in advance stephen
just get one of these
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJLH9&P=7
Old 01-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you cut it to the second line which I believe is the IFMAR spec,it should handle perfect in the conditions you describe.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the replys i cut it so the height of it is shorter so less downforce oif this helps
Old 01-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

At all the big races they usually make you cut on that line to stay within the rules. The wing has that other line to make it taller when you aren't at a majr race. I personally prefer it when the wing is a little smaller... the body has a much better balance of downforce that way in my opinion.

-Korey
Old 01-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Try this:
http://www.prolineracing.com/protoform/accessories/1719/1719.jpghttp://www.prolineracing.com/protoform/accessories/1719/1719.jpg
Shortly before the 2006 IFMAR Electric TC Worlds in Collegno Italy, PROTOform developed a pair of prototype high downforce wings in hopes of further improving the handling of their Mazda 6 body when racing on a low grip track. The few racers that used them at the Worlds had good results as 3 of them made the a-main and Paul Lemieux was on the podium.

These 2 wings are designed to increase rear downforce yet stay within the IFMAR/ROAR mandated 190 x 20 x 40 mm size allowance. Each of the two wings has a slightly different profile and have the provisions molded in for a forward-folded gurney lip. (not shown) Add-on side dams and mounting screws are also included. They’ll fit any sedan body that has wing struts that are on 100mm centers, and mounting hardware is included. These wings are great tuning devices when racing with rubber tires on pavement or carpet.

Features:
· Extremely light and durable
· Side Dams included for Maximum performance
· Fits 190mm sedan bodies with wing struts
· Two styles to choose from

Lexan Wing Set
Part #1719-00 $6.00
Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i have those and i thought they are just for the BLING effects
Old 01-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by stephen hilton
Dont worry, the smallest cut line on that wing still doesnt fit the BRCA rules so youll have to cut it a little bit smaller anyway.

The wings shown above are no good either as they are to wide or the brca rules, there 190mm and the brca rules are 185mm width.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the replys guys. cheers colin!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Try this:
http://www.prolineracing.com/protoform/accessories/1719/1719.jpghttp://www.prolineracing.com/protoform/accessories/1719/1719.jpg
Shortly before the 2006 IFMAR Electric TC Worlds in Collegno Italy, PROTOform developed a pair of prototype high downforce wings in hopes of further improving the handling of their Mazda 6 body when racing on a low grip track. The few racers that used them at the Worlds had good results as 3 of them made the a-main and Paul Lemieux was on the podium.

These 2 wings are designed to increase rear downforce yet stay within the IFMAR/ROAR mandated 190 x 20 x 40 mm size allowance. Each of the two wings has a slightly different profile and have the provisions molded in for a forward-folded gurney lip. (not shown) Add-on side dams and mounting screws are also included. They’ll fit any sedan body that has wing struts that are on 100mm centers, and mounting hardware is included. These wings are great tuning devices when racing with rubber tires on pavement or carpet.

Features:
· Extremely light and durable
· Side Dams included for Maximum performance
· Fits 190mm sedan bodies with wing struts
· Two styles to choose from

Lexan Wing Set
Part #1719-00 $6.00
I think Anders has good solution to your problem.

Later
Kevin Boyle