R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2007, 07:31 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CRC 3.2R Steers to Left.......

I need some advice if anybody could give me one. I've had this problem for a long while but wanted to see if anybody else have this problem. I own 3.2R . The problem is when going down the straight away at full speed, the car steers to left, enough to cause a problem. So, my way of fixing this problem is have the radio adjust the car to steer right a little so that when going high speed in straight away car almost stay straight. I know this is not the correct way, and I know there got to be some adjustment on car that need to be looks at. Do i need heavier or lighter springs? shock oil? Side springs? Damper Lube? The car does drive great around curves, sometime to much grip ( a little information that might help), does this have something to do with straight away also? Unless everybody have the same problem. Any information will be greatly appreicate!!!
off_sider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
Tech Regular

I'm not trying to insult you but, did you put it on a tweak stand?
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

1) Check to see if it does this at slow speeds and not just full speed.

2) Check if the left side hub is tight. Maybe it is slipping and allowing the car to push it to the left.

3) Are the rear tires the same size - left/right. Maybe you have a little stagger in the car (possibly the right tire is larger than the left).

4) Is there a ripple in the carpet on the line you are running. This could cause the car to change directions on the straight. It might be doing this in the corners as well but you may not notice it since you are always steering the car in a corner.

Try that first and see what happens. I am sure it will be something simple that you are just over looking.

Good Luck.
jposthumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guy, but i got it all corrected. Problem was car not balance, Here is a Great Site on the CRC...... Check it out.

Great information!!!
off_sider is offline   Reply With Quote