Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Decisions, Decisions.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Decisions, Decisions.......

What up you guys. I just wanted to get your input on a couple of chargers. I'm thinking about the Integy 16x7 Pro AC/DC or the Reedy Quasar Pro AC/DC. I know they are both from Eagle and the are pretty much the same thing, but I've heard that the Reedy false peaks alot more than the Integy does. Is this true? Which one do you think I should get? Please let me know if you have had any good or bad experiences with these particular chargers. Any suggestions for a different kind of charger besides these ones are welcomed. Thnx for the advice.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have the same problem here, hesitating between the reedy and the inttegy..but everyone is telling me to buy one without powersupply like the lrp pulsar (a little bit too pricey for me) .
Old 03-09-2003, 07:04 AM
Taz
Tech Rookie

I'm thinking about the Integy 16x7 Pro AC/DC or the Reedy Quasar Pro AC/DC.

If you can get the Reedy Quasar Pro AC/DC get it. I have the Turbo 35 and i am getting the Quasar as a second backup charger. My buddy uses it and does about as good of as a job as my turbo 35. You can also run your lathe, beak-in motors, I would have to say that charger is about the best deal going. Hope this helps.
John
Old 03-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Get a pulsar or pitbull and invest in a power supply. The Pulsar and Pitbull are awesome chargers. Having a separate power supply means a more efficient way of charging.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Does the Quasar false peak alot?
Old 03-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Does the Quasar Pro cycle batteries like the Integy 16x7 Pro? Does the Quasar Pro show you mah, volts, and time while the batteries are charging?
Old 03-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

I'd have to say go with the LRP Pulsar if possible. I've decided it's going to be my next charger.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes. Pulsar is a better charger. I've heard too many people complaining about how the Quasar just dies or turns off or something. The Pulsar has been problom free. I have an integy power supply and it serves me very well. It's better to dish out the extra cash and get the good stuff than just save a few bucks and be cheap.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Can the pulsar be powerd off a 12v battery? it just says a power supply, i dont know if that means a battery or a power supply
Old 03-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

hmmmmm... yeah it can be run of a car batt, but its so much more convenient and easier to use a power supply, make sure it is a FULLY LEGAL one as the home made ones tend to be unsafe and that aint a good thing when it comes to dealing with 240 volts.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

I ran my Pulsar off a battery till I bought a power supply. Works exactly the same. It charges faster with the power supply though because the input voltage is higher and is supposedly more reliable since the current is "cleaner." I had no problems with the car battery though. But I did actually note the input voltage was lower from the readout on the charger.

I think if I had to run any charger good or bad, it would always be DC and not AC. The heat that the AC/DC Power Supply generates just doesn't seem to agree with the charging hardware and doesn't seem to give the 99% reliable results.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

I've seen chargers that dont work properly, when the main supply are weak. At the last race, at least two guys couldnt use their chargers, with built in supply. It wasn't the Eagle ones, though.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

I was leaning toward the AC/DC chargers but now after hearing the horror stories of AC/DC charges where the false, peak, don't charge, or just die a DC charger seems more of a better investment. The Pulsar sounds good. Is there anything out there offering more within that price range? What's the best power supply to get for a DC charger or more specifically the Pulsar?
Old 03-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by M Ignacio
I was leaning toward the AC/DC chargers but now after hearing the horror stories of AC/DC charges where the false, peak, don't charge, or just die a DC charger seems more of a better investment. The Pulsar sounds good. Is there anything out there offering more within that price range? What's the best power supply to get for a DC charger or more specifically the Pulsar?
What else, the Novak power supply!
Old 03-11-2003, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

The Pulsar Recommends a 12v power supply. The Novak is 14v. Can you use the Novak as the power supply for the pulsar?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.