Wiki Posts
Search

Gm Brushless Systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by subman
If anyone is looking for a genius 95 I'm selling mine as I bought it for my touring car but I've decided to sell all my TC stuff so I have one Only ran for about 30 seconds. Willing to make a grat deal including 2 GM motors (4.5 turns) PM me if your interested.
Got your PM

YGPM

Can you send me a pic of it all?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has anybody successfully used the Genius 95 in sensored mode with Novak's motors? Does it come with an adapter cable to use the Novak/LRP/Orion style sensor harness? Is that a separate piece? Is there a place that sells these and ships to the US?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi, I Just started running my Genius 95 last meeting and it ran really hot all meet (Over 90 degrees C). Just wanted to know what i could do to help it run cooler? I was running a Novak 3.5 at about 10.0 and I also tried running 10.8 but the temps didn't change.
Thanks, Drew.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drewdc90
Hi, I Just started running my Genius 95 last meeting and it ran really hot all meet (Over 90 degrees C). Just wanted to know what i could do to help it run cooler? I was running a Novak 3.5 at about 10.0 and I also tried running 10.8 but the temps didn't change.
Thanks, Drew.
40mm fan and maybe more caps (if you aren't running 3 already).

Also, less actual braking (or smoother throttle control) and less drag brake on esc setting will allow for less heat build up in the esc. Common with all B/L esc as they do all the switching and bear the brunt of the workload - so instead of frying and cooking traditional brushed motors (brushes and comms burnt) your B/L esc thermals or gets very hot.

Hope this helps you Drew and Tom.

- Leonard.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Leonard, I ran three caps from the start and tried running a 30mm fan but the temps were still around the high 80's. I was running about 60% brake and no drag brake. The only thing i haven't properly played with is the amplimiter and the turbo mode just wanted to know whether playing with these would significantly reduce the temps.
Thanks, Drew.