Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO Setting adapter for VFS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default KO Setting adapter for VFS

Is it worth buying? What can this thing do?
Old 03-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Regional Moderator

you can go to there web site and it will answer any of your questions
Old 03-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

I feel buying the VFS2000 is pointless without the Setting adapter. With it I was able to have a super smooth throttle at the top end and punchy low end. If you buy the adapter and you have trouble setting it up to your preference, Robert at KO is the man. He gave me some pointers and they worked out real well.

-Leon
Old 03-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Leon
I feel buying the VFS2000 is pointless without the Setting adapter. With it I was able to have a super smooth throttle at the top end and punchy low end. If you buy the adapter and you have trouble setting it up to your preference, Robert at KO is the man. He gave me some pointers and they worked out real well.

-Leon
Dont forget Mr. Takayoshi Nakagawa
Old 03-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

-Leon
Hi...your comments sounds contradicting....and BTW who is Robert? CAn I say that in order to set the drive frequency..the setting is a must, on board the VFS is unable to it.
I feel buying the VFS2000 is pointless without the Setting adapter. With it I was able to have a super smooth throttle at the top end and punchy low end. If you buy the adapter and you have trouble setting it up to your preference

Last edited by bruisedwillis; 03-06-2003 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Oh, yeah. Frequency adjustment can't be done on board. Sorry. I thought you knew that already. If you need on board programming. Get a Quantum Competition or Novak GT7.

-Leon
Old 03-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Oh, yeah. Frequency adjustment can't be done on board. Sorry. I thought you knew that already. If you need on board programming. Get a Quantum Competition or Novak GT7.

-Leon
Hi Leon

Thanks for enlightening me...I didn't know...The purpose of the adapter is only changing the drive frequency...is there any other thing that it can do...I am know nuts about this VFS thingy...Sorry..
Old 03-07-2003, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bruisedwillis
The purpose of the adapter is only changing the drive frequency...is there any other thing that it can do...I am know nuts about this VFS thingy...Sorry..
The VFS can way more than just changing the drive frequency. Try reading this... VFS link

But check out the Rocket Max, it automatically changes the drive frequency. And you dont need an adapter, it got a build in display. And the price are fair. Two guys use it at our club, they love it.

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 03-07-2003 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

The adapter isn't just capable of changing to a fixed frequency. It can give you low frequencies at the low end of the rev range and high frequencies at the top end. So it can give you both super smoothness and punch. If you descide you don't like a frequency curve, you can make it fixed. It's just over all a really flexible ESC. Program it to whatever you like.

Check out the link Cole Trickle put up too that hopefully will help get rid of the fogginess about how the whole "VFS- Variable Frequency System" works. One correction I'd like to make about what they say though. They talk about "Throttle Position" this is more like "Motor Speed." It's more like where on the rev range you are of a particular motor and not how far down your finger is on the trigger.

-Leon
Old 03-07-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

The adapter isn't just capable of changing to a fixed frequency. It can give you low frequencies at the low end of the rev range and high frequencies at the top end. So it can give you both super smoothness and punch. If you descide you don't like a frequency curve, you can make it fixed. It's just over all a really flexible ESC. Program it to whatever you like.

Check out the link Cole Trickle put up too that hopefully will help get rid of the fogginess about how the whole "VFS- Variable Frequency System" works. One correction I'd like to make about what they say though. They talk about "Throttle Position" this is more like "Motor Speed." It's more like where on the rev range you are of a particular motor and not how far down your finger is on the trigger.

-Leon
Is there any any special setting that you can teach me? Setting based on technical track and Hi speed track....I am running on matched GP3300..
Old 03-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

What kind of motor are you running? I use all stock stuff and Robert at KO told me to start at 12 and ramp up to 19 somewhere in the middle of the rev range. If you need more help, any of the KO guys know exactly what they're doing with these things. The above is the only thing that I've run with any success so far, other than fixed frequency. Let the guys at KO know what Gearing and Motor you're on and they should have a good program.

-Leon
Old 03-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

What kind of motor are you running? I use all stock stuff and Robert at KO told me to start at 12 and ramp up to 19 somewhere in the middle of the rev range. If you need more help, any of the KO guys know exactly what they're doing with these things. The above is the only thing that I've run with any success so far, other than fixed frequency. Let the guys at KO know what Gearing and Motor you're on and they should have a good program.

-Leon
I am running a YOkomo MR4TC SP on Eagle RAcing D4 11T motor, with 80 spur and 23 pinion...
Old 03-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

hey, what does the VFS hyper booster do?

it looks like a big resistor.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Bruisedwillis,

Email the KO guys with your situation. Let them know what your final drive is not just the gearing. They should have a good idea what a good set up is.

Stoopidbstrd,

The hyperbooster supposedly gives more power. KO says when it's on the motor it actually draws more current. I don't know how. But it goes in place of a schottky diode.

-Leon
Old 03-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Bruisedwillis,

Email the KO guys with your situation. Let them know what your final drive is not just the gearing. They should have a good idea what a good set up is.

Stoopidbstrd,

The hyperbooster supposedly gives more power. KO says when it's on the motor it actually draws more current. I don't know how. But it goes in place of a schottky diode.

-Leon
Hi Leon
My VFS went up in flames yesterday, flames as in fire....sigh...I am using the Futaba HRS receiver with the VFS with a Futaba S9451 Servo, do you think that there is a combination problem? Please help if possible...Do you have any experence with that...My car just suddenly full throttle...

Last edited by bruisedwillis; 03-09-2003 at 07:31 PM.