Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Robitronic Dyno Printer

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Robitronic Dyno Printer

I recently purchased a Robitronic dyno off of ebay. I also bought a HP infrared printer for the dyno. It looks like the dyno needs a some sort of infrared adapter to "talk" to the printer. I checked Stormerhobbies, where I got the printer, its not listed on their website. Just curious of anyone has any leads on this item.

As always, thanks
Matt
Old 03-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Robitronic Dyno Printer

pkranger63;

You should be able to do everything through the software. The printer must be connected to a serial port as the DOS based software with the Dyno only supports serial port printers.
If you have Windows XP on your PC, you will have to purchase the Windows software up-grade directly from Robitronic to be able to print.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

I don't know about Robitronic's printer setup, but I would assume from what popsracer is saying that it isn't compatible with the HP printer.

It sounds like you might have seen it advertised as a "Dyno Printer" at Stormers and bought it for your Robi, but you should know that Competition Electronics TurboDyno utilises this printer, which is why it's for sale in a hobby shop as a "Dyno Printer" and this is possibly the only dyno which does (not sure on this but highly probable) so you may have bought something you can't use.

In any case, the Instructions should tell you how to connect a printer, and if you didn't get any, go to Robitronics website, you should be able to download them or query via e-mail.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the replies guys. I have the instructions but they don't seem to mention the infrared printer. The odd part is on the Robitronic webiste, it clearly list:

- HP Infrared Printer (HP82240B)
- HP Infrared Printer Interface (HPIR)

Your right though, I did buy the printer from stormer hobbies and it is the same one that the turbodyno uses. I am just having problems finding any hobby shops that seem to carry the darn thing

Thanks again
Matt
Old 03-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the Robi dyno does use an infrared printer. I can't remember offhand where it needs to be "aimed" though.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you need the infrared printer interface. ever since i got mine i dont even use the printer hooked up to my computer anymore, i just use my little hp!
we can get them, they are about $30 shipped and takes a few weeks
Old 03-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

When you say "we" who does that mean? I have no problem shelling out the 30 bux or so it would cost

Thanks
Matt