Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
VirtualRC work well with USB-TX adapter? >

VirtualRC work well with USB-TX adapter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VirtualRC work well with USB-TX adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default VirtualRC work well with USB-TX adapter?

What kind of luck have people had with VirtualRC and using their USB adapter to allow your radio to be the game controller?

Does it work well enough hto provide some real practice?

They claim to have sold 10k of these adapters, I beleive. Their web site has a few complaints but not many considering number sold.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I love mine......really nice when its raining....Or bored...just wish they had Electric TC.......
-Shookie <><
Old 12-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

well at the gp carpet worldcup event there having some computers there with an elecric version on them, does anybody no if this is gonna become available for there rest of the world???
Old 12-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default LINK

www.virtualrc.com

The software is free plus two tracks.
The USB adapter plugs into your receiver and you control the game from your own transmitter.

The USB adapter is $29.95 with $20 shipping.
Basically 50 bucks, but if you figure the software is free its not a bad deal if it works well.

I think they have 8 or so additional tracks which you can buy.
You can also compete on line.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Alternate Controler

Has anyone figured out how to use the controller from Real Race G2?
Old 12-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imjonah
The USB adapter is $29.95 with $20 shipping.
$20 to ship a USB adapter?

Wanna buy some $50 used foam tires I have?
Old 12-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

The adapters are shipped from Hong Kong, which explains the cost of shipping. I got mine to Florida in five days.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I just checked the site... $16 for shipping a padded envelope is sick. I don't care where it comes from. That's just plain wrong.

I don't remember getting mine originally when the game was released from overseas. Is this something new that they are doing now?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmmm

They lowered shipping from $20 to $16, yes it is bummer; but like on E-bay the shipping can be high but the item low or reasonable.

I just paid $20 shipping on a laptop I bought on E-bay, the label said $9.
On the other hand the laptop was only $25. So a working laptop for $45 is not such a bad deal.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

I got the usb adapter back when it first came out and it works really well. Its almost as addicting as my ps2. The only downside to the game that I have found and I may be doing something wrong is that the whole track isnt on the screen. It pans as the car goes and sometimes you just go into the corner really hot and overshoot because you dont see it. A small quirk but I really enjoy it. Helps when I cant hit the track.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JimMcClure
...T he only downside to the game that I have found and I may be doing something wrong is that the whole track isnt on the screen...
I'd try playing with the view modes - I seem to remember there being a few choices last time I played with VirtualRC.

Does any one know how the USB adapter talks to the computer? Is it a generic USB HI device like a game controller or some weird custom thing?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Default You can use the real race controller

The real race controller is useable but if you have the one that came with G2 version it will have to be modified. When duratrax bought the game it reversed the connections to the two pots in the controller. The older version controllers work fine but you have to reverse these connections in the new one for it to work. Then you pick vrc-1 for the adapter in the game and you are all set. The controller still works with real race after the mod. You just have to recalibrate it. The game has to work with both controllers because there were people who upgraded to G2 also. The usb controller is much nicer however. If you have a radio with a dsc cable your batteries will last forever. I have a spektrum module in my Tx but using the dsc cable I can plug it into a JR fm reciever and it works fine.

Griz
Old 12-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default Real Race G2 controller

Griz11: I have a newer computer and am running XP SP2 Home edition. in order to use my R R G2 controller, I have to go thru a usb adapter from Radio Shack. So I am already in the usb port. There are several settings on the adapter, I may just have to try each one.

Thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default Are you mixing up RR= RealRace with VRC=VirtualRC

Are people confusing Duratrax's real racing which comes with a pistol grip style controller and VirtualRC which sells a usb adapter that plugs into your receiver and allows you to use your actual Transmitter with there software?

Or are you speaking of some mixing of technologies?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Nope they are two different things

Some us had the Duratrax controller when virtual rc first came out. I remember it well becasue I was the one that came up with the mod first Depending on how old your controller is you might have to reverse the wiring on the potentiometers that you turn to control the car. The later versions of the duratrax game are different. The usb adapter allows you to use your radio to control the game. Some computers allow usb joysticks so I assume that is what the one poster was talking about. The usb adapter is the best way to go. But very difficult to obtain when the game first came out. Now Horizon distributes them in the states and they are much easier to come by. I love the game. Some of the online competitions have a few warts. But mostly I use it to practice off-line. And its had a good effect on my driving also. I have much better throttle control now and know a lot more about setting up a car. I finished 10th in the RCCA grand prix series. A 9 race series just completed. They paid out 750 to win that thing 500 for 2nd and 250 for third. Decent purse. Much more than you'll make on a real R/C course.
Griz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.