Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Is there anyway to install a backlight on the Turbo 30? >

Is there anyway to install a backlight on the Turbo 30?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there anyway to install a backlight on the Turbo 30?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Is there anyway to install a backlight on the Turbo 30?

Same as topic. I really don't want to send it in to CE because it would take out a lot of time from my racing. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default I don't think so.

Hi,I never seen Turbo30 in realife but normally the backlight of character LCD is integrated part of the LCD module itself. So if it's not already have the backlight built-in then it's not easy (or practically impossible) to install the backlight into the LCD module. However you can replace the LCD module with the one that already have the backlight built-in. Most character LCD module are generally compatible. It will cost you around $10-$20.

BTW it's possible that the old LCD in Turbo30 may already have the backlight built-in but CE doesn't used it. Normally the PCB pads of the backlight are on the right side if you look at it from the front. They are labled A and K. The LCD that have backlight built-in will have 2 little white pads with solder dot installed over it. If it's just plain copper pads with hole then it doesn't have backlight built-in. The attached image is the LCD with backlight.

Maybe someone with Turbo30 could give you better advice.
Attached Thumbnails Is there anyway to install a backlight on the Turbo 30?-lcd.jpg  

Last edited by tifosi; 03-04-2003 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

It is not very hard to do. You can buy the kit from
www.skipgear.com
and you can install it yourself. You can do it in about 30 minutes just be careful and take your time. It'll cost you about $50