Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
~-==KYOSHO MINI Z racer==-~ >

~-==KYOSHO MINI Z racer==-~

~-==KYOSHO MINI Z racer==-~

Old 03-04-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ~-==KYOSHO MINI Z racer==-~

Any of you race these thing?
Any tuning advice to give or know of a forum that is helpful?
What are the essential upgrades to this car?

These cars are popular but seems like not many people talk about them...
Old 03-05-2003, 04:12 AM
Regional Moderator

here is you a site www.minizracer.com
Old 03-05-2003, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

i bought one from HK a while back but havent used it as of late. first things to go are the bushings, stock tires, and motor. bearings are definitely the way to go, and a good setup for tires are the 40 shore for reasonable balance and 30 shore if you want insane traction. you should retune the suspension when you go to for softer tires. traction roll is common without tuning. the stock H bar is a bit soft so you may want to do away with that as well. not a lot of people run the stock diff (or if they do, they use very heavy grease). you may want to opt for a ball diff.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is the rear damper necessary? From my observations it looks like the h-plate does the majority of the work before the damper even starts to compress.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Initiate

mini Z settings

advised to change the H plate to graphite, ball diff, rear shocks, X-speed motor, the rest could remain as stock and the car would perform
Old 03-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by EPracing
mini Z settings

advised to change the H plate to graphite, ball diff, rear shocks, X-speed motor, the rest could remain as stock and the car would perform
i heard the x speed motor is pretty crappy. there are a whole punch of motors that are probably better. go to china or have someone go there for you to find some mini z stuff. there's hella there.

by the way: anyone ever heard of that mini z turbo chip? what the heck is that thing? does it really make the car go faster?
Old 03-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by stoopidbstrd
i heard the x speed motor is pretty crappy. there are a whole punch of motors that are probably better. go to china or have someone go there for you to find some mini z stuff. there's hella there.

by the way: anyone ever heard of that mini z turbo chip? what the heck is that thing? does it really make the car go faster?
The "turbo chip" is a piggy back power amplifer. Let me explain.
The MiniZ has only one circuit board which contains both the control (like the reciever in a larger car) and the motor driving circuitry (like the ESC). As such, you cannot use a high ouput motor in the MiniZ without literally frying the board. The turbo chip uses the original power output of the MiniZ's board as a signal source and draws power seperately to drive the motor.
Well, this is what I know anyway, hope it helped.
Cheers
Old 03-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by NightKidZ
The "turbo chip" is a piggy back power amplifer. Let me explain.
The MiniZ has only one circuit board which contains both the control (like the reciever in a larger car) and the motor driving circuitry (like the ESC). As such, you cannot use a high ouput motor in the MiniZ without literally frying the board. The turbo chip uses the original power output of the MiniZ's board as a signal source and draws power seperately to drive the motor.
Well, this is what I know anyway, hope it helped.
Cheers
so its something that's used to use higher power motors. hmm, and some people have 2 of them on 1 car.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Regional Moderator

im running 2 stacks of 7 fets and can run what ever motor i want with no trouble
Attached Thumbnails ~-==KYOSHO MINI Z racer==-~-pro-z-001.jpg