R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #61
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Matman03

It sure looks likes everyone is making this way to complicated. 2wd muscle cars with a silver can and spoked wheels. Tires shouldn't be an issue because of low power of the silver can. My F103GT is hooked once the tires warm up. If a 4wd wants to run all they have to do is take off the belt or drive shaft. We need to remember the K.I.S.S. principle. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.
Matman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #62
Tech Rookie

Default Nostalgia On Road Racing

I am currently building, or I should say rebuilding, two Xray T2-007 cars that I am hoping to race with NiMah batteries and am looking for a track in my area of Southern California that might have Nostalgia OnRoad racing. I am also looking for others on this forum that might still be racing this version of Xray car.
EGBOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGBOK View Post
I am currently building, or I should say rebuilding, two Xray T2-007 cars that I am hoping to race with NiMah batteries and am looking for a track in my area of Southern California that might have Nostalgia OnRoad racing. I am also looking for others on this forum that might still be racing this version of Xray car.
This thread is pretty old. You may want to try the below and/or the California section.

Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #64
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Now to the cost thing. Basically the issue is once people get into it, people are willing to dish out money for better equipment and the equipment war goes on. I saw this episode of Top Gear about how they run weekend racing at Finland and i think we might be able to use this strategy in some budget classes. Basically they have a rule stating anyone can buy anyone else's car for $2000 and they have to sell it if requested.

We can use this for our low budget orientated class to make it truly low budget and new comer friendly. maybe set a basic motor, layout, weight, body rule like another class and add in the must sell if requested rule. Maybe $200 for roller and $200 for all the electronics on the car minus receiver and transponder. Maybe also a rule stating new comer are immune to must sell for 4 month in case they just bought a set of new equipments to start our etc. Then add a how many sets of tire per season rule and you got a pretty level playing field equipment wise. This way lower class will be more about tuning and driving than buying the best stuff out there and blaming equipments for not wining.
tobyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote