Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default 4300, very nice so far

I had my first race day with the 4300 today. I think this system is great for stock racing. I just geared down until my straightaway speed was approximately equivalent to everyone else. I guess thats the whole point to stock anyway. My results/observations were:

1. a very fun day of racing without cutting a motor!
2. excellent / smooth bottom end.
3. speed control never temped over 134 degF. (granted it takes me about a minute to get off the track, get back to the pit, get the body off, and temp it with my exergen)
4. noticed a difference in topend with a "good" pack vs. a "not so good" pack
5. allowed me to drive to the best of my abilities (nothing about the system was a drawback all day)

So if you enjoy the competition of stock and can appreciate good driving over having the fastest car, but don't enjoy cutting motors so much, the 4300 is very nice.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

the best part jus concentrate on ur driving
Old 02-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

yea i jsut started to run mine in my mod foam car and well its giving me more of a chance to accually work on set-up and not worry about if the brushes are still good, ect.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone using a futaba 3pk and HRS receiver with the brushless set up... any problems with it....?
Old 02-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by vadn1
Anyone using a futaba 3pk and HRS receiver with the brushless set up... any problems with it....?

No problem for 3pk+HRS.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

GUys. I am thinking of getting one of this brushless sytem for my TC.
Can anyone tell me the performance of this motor? It compares its performance with a 10t mod motor. Does it give that kinda performance???
Old 03-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AdR|aN:
to put it fairly,no it doesn't compare to a 10T in terms of speed.
But in terms of torque there is nothing to challenge it.
in acceleration,if u dont set the throttle expo the tyres will slip.
the top end is similar to 16T-14T.
I've seen some 23T's running almost as fast as my car on the straights,and even then i was geared at the tallest recommended ratio(6.5x)
Old 03-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Guess i will be going for the Hackers system then.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm running the Super Sport in my Yokomo SSD SD, and in Profile #4, it's on par with AT LEAST any 12 turn mod I've ever run . Acceleration is completely insane, which will be a HUGE advantage on tight tracks where top speed isn't a factor.
The Novak system is worth every penny, the many advantages far outweigh any disadvantages. In the right applications, this thing is amazing.

Last edited by Sorcerer001; 04-25-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Most races aren't won on top speed. Unless you're running on a VERY wide open track, the Hacker isn't going to have a large enough power advantage to justify the jump in price. Another thing to consider is service. If something goes wrong with the Hacker, how long are you going to wait for a repair? Hacker may have improved service by now, but it'll be a while before they can match Novak's customer service.
Bang for the buck, there's really nothing that can touch the Novak.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

The 4300 more closely replicates a stock 27turn motor in the stock setting (there are 6 settings on the ESC). The 5800 is quicker in Mod mode (double check this). So if you are racing, and the track will allow brushless to run in stock versus other brushed stock(some tracks let you run brushless in Novice and intermediate, check with their rules). Also, some tracks do a brushless/ stock race. Weigh your needs and what you plan on doing, then decide. The brushless is very low maintenance, and if you race mod, or want the best performance in a brushless motor, the 5800 is your choice. I ran the 4300 in my b4 and it was great, but I ran in to limitations as I improved. It is actually more torque and quicker than a true stock motor, so as I moved up in classes, I wasn't able to race it in normal stock anymore. Plus, in mod mode, it just can't keep up with good brushed motors. I found it was about equal to a 14 turn. Now I have to run it in brushless class only, which isn't very common. It is more common in touring cars though.

The esc that comes with either motor works with both, so you can purchase the system with either then pick up the other motor later if you want more versatility.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Hacker brushless acts very much like an on/off switch due to its nonsensor design. I found it to be pretty much undrivable for all but big flowing tracks.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by lee82gx
AdR|aN:
to put it fairly,no it doesn't compare to a 10T in terms of speed.
But in terms of torque there is nothing to challenge it.
in acceleration,if u dont set the throttle expo the tyres will slip.
the top end is similar to 16T-14T.
I've seen some 23T's running almost as fast as my car on the straights,and even then i was geared at the tallest recommended ratio(6.5x)

Similar to 16T-14T Top end? Did u set it to limited mode?

What car are you using? What's the mode you're brushless is on?

Finally, if you get a good pack of battery and set to unlimited mode I'm sure it'll be quite fast. Just my 2 cents tho.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in limited mode,it only compares to a 27T stock.
What i mean is for unlimited with a 5800 motor.
Prior to this , i've had plenty of running with 23T and i can reasonably consider myself experienced.
I've also had a couple of sub-10T motors and they are wayyy faster than this brushless system.

However,I've since sold all my brushed equipment.
They more than recovered the costs of this system and it's been happy sailing ever since.
No straight end?watch me claw back in the infield.It always surprises the brushed guys when they see how i pull out of corners.Incredible.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Addict

Aight with that. I find that my Novak run just fine and running on an Xpress car. Yeah, LOL! Xpress, but heck it's almighty fast to me. 2 friends running on 04, friend A on a well maintained 04, friend B not 'well oiled' 04. Can see the diff tho, also, friend A conditions his batts and I can say it's very zippy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.