Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System >

Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Old 03-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: I have to disagee with how you used "Pro"

Originally posted by Nightbreed
I mean, I have15 years of driving expirence, and I would say I am a above average driver and a semi racer. The things I can do street bashing would perhaps make me a "Pro", but I am a very average racer. I would consider myself a above average driver, but I would not even consider myself a "Pro" or near a pro's level. Big difference if you ask me.

Just because they are sponsored, I would not even consider them a "Pro" level driver. I worked for Hobby Town for some time. Some hobby shops may sponsor their employees on occasion. Novak's team I would not even consider a Pro level team. No punt intended guys. Perhaps a well thought out and lanned team. Not to mention a flawless product. By an inch, or a mile, a win, is STILL a win. I do hope Novak is working on their "Pro" level brushless.
Nightbreed: it's a free country, but your just a bit getting to technical for my brains.
All I'm saying is they were not like the average R/C enthausiast who has to buy his own stuff and I don't think they just get freebees or discounts from hobbyshops here and there, no matter what you call them "Pro" "Joe" "the guy next door", etc. The fact is that race was meant for Novak to win.
Novak was the only team who really prepaired for that race. Tyree was there at least 4 consecutive Saturday, prepairing, charting lap times, timing, and so on and so fort. This race became there advertising to launch a new product. They were meant to Win or else it would have looked really bad. No one really took the race as seriously as they did because it was really just for fun even the previous enduro races. I hope you understood what I'm trying to emply. Good luck to your races!
Old 03-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default cool down man!

Yes, its a free country, we are just debating here. I respect your oppinion, but I just disagree. Its just that other brushless companies appear to whinning about how they "just did not take it seriously." But they will be bring out the cavalary next time. I read a lot of excuses being made.

I personally hate that kind of whinning attiute at the race track. This is just one of the reasons why I don't race anymore. Yes, its a "fun" type race, but then I read your post about how they prepared too much for this race? How they were meant to win? Come on! Preparation is just one of those things you can't complain about when it comes to racing. Do you know what I mean?

Last edited by Nightbreed; 03-05-2003 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

NightBreed, I'm cool dude, don't worry! you won't like it when I go off anyhow..heheheh it's a bit freaky, I myself freak about it when I cool down and think about it, heheheh!
I'm just stating the facts as I see it and what others has been saying. Like you said were just debating, nobody's whining, it's all good for the hobby. You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Shooooot (I don't mean that literally, ok!) I don't even know what our topic is all about!
This was actually my 3rd Tamiya Enduro Race and it was really meant just for fun before. No Corporate teams, No my version of "Pros". David Jun did run on the previous Enduro but he was banned from winning the price.
That's all I'm saying. It took the fun out from my perspective, the average racer.
The good news is! Tamiya is thinking of making it a 2 day event. Pro's and Average Joe's next time....cool!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Jeesh whats the hold up?

I preorder mine when Tower first started taking orders. Now they say MAY be mid March.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Jeesh whats the hold up?

Originally posted by Nightbreed
I preorder mine when Tower first started taking orders. Now they say MAY be mid March.
I think that Tower price is low, so you'll most likely get a deal at least compared to other brushless.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Novak BL Availability

Hi All,

does anyone know of other online stores that have them already?...or at least where 1 could pre-order besides Tower?

The Novak Site says "started shipping", how long do we wait till it actually hits the LHS?

....waitng, waiting
Old 03-07-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From what I heard, they just did a massive shipment of BL's a week or two ago and should be available in shops soon if not imediately.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default I think its BS...

Tower and Stormmer don't have any, so I can't imagine why anyone else would. I checked some more sites and I can't find any.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

It's not BS. Novak has already shipped units. Three appeared at SoCal and quickly disappeared
Old 03-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

ive got one in my yokomo special... its a good thing, i have not done any direct comparisons between a 10t but apart form not blasting off the line like a brushed motor its very good, super smooth...

tight fit in the yokomo, but yokomo warns - "micro electronics" on the box... so the novak SS must be micro... it sure is in the world of brushless... i havent cut wires yet (wanted to checked thet it worked fine, and ive got other cars to try it in!)
Old 03-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Contact how did you acquire that, pressing the flesh through RTR Lines again.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

berescoe you know id never do such a thing!

im not sure if greg has his shipment yet but this is a full production version... i ran 1 battery through it yesterday, and will race it today... probably use the 24k rpm profile and run with stock - unless a fist full of mods show up!

i (and noel watt) were very impressed... just a couple of reservations... maybe daniel will run 12th at meca kambah with it???

Last edited by contact; 03-07-2003 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

contact, if you run it in "stock" mode, you'll be suprised (and I'm sure the guys starting next to you) with the amount of acceleration it's got hehe. It'll have the same top speed as a completely dialed stock motor but the acceleration's gonna be a kick in the pants compared to the normal stock motors Maybe the production model that you have has had the rip turned down perhaps.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

EVERYONE QUICK!!!there's one on ebay..
Old 03-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

actually there is available!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.