Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
KTHobbies going out of business :( >

KTHobbies going out of business :(

KTHobbies going out of business :(

Old 01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Well gang, I can't really add much more than what was said by Wallstreet and Mr. Losi.

When I started KT Hobbies I was very unhappy with my job and I was hoping that I could turn it into something that could replace it. Things were going good for us and then bang, I got another job within the same company. I guess you could call it a promotion. This happened in February of 2006. We were still doing ok by juggling schedules and such then Tammy and I both looked at each other and said we are killing ourselves doing this. So after much discussion, debates and sleepless nights I decided that it would be in the best interest for my family that we close the doors and live like a family rather than being 2 single parents.

As a business, we tried to do what we thought was right as our goal was to save you guys money. We screwed up sometimes because of this but I hope you guys understood why we did what we did. 99% of the time everything worked out.

Thank you to everyone!
Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 01-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

best of luck kraig.go back to a normal life buddy.you only live once,dont let it pass you by.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Kraig and Tammy,

I have to re-iterate what the others have said.........it's a shame, but best of luck in your new ventures!!! You both certainly knew what the word 'customer service' was about!!!

Leonard
(from Australia.)
Old 01-03-2007, 09:14 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Well gang, I can't really add much more than what was said by Wallstreet and Mr. Losi.

When I started KT Hobbies I was very unhappy with my job and I was hoping that I could turn it into something that could replace it. Things were going good for us and then bang, I got another job within the same company. I guess you could call it a promotion. This happened in February of 2006. We were still doing ok by juggling schedules and such then Tammy and I both looked at each other and said we are killing ourselves doing this. So after much discussion, debates and sleepless nights I decided that it would be in the best interest for my family that we close the doors and live like a family rather than being 2 single parents.

As a business, we tried to do what we thought was right as our goal was to save you guys money. We screwed up sometimes because of this but I hope you guys understood why we did what we did. 99% of the time everything worked out.

Thank you to everyone!
Kraig
KT Hobbies
I remember when this started out in the back of your car at the Verona outdoor track. You always were a lifesaver, and provided us with an alternative to the other "Deals" that were brought to the track ( only the locals will catch this one ). I know that a lot of us knew you locally, but I also know that you gave the same attention and service to those you did not. I'm glad to see you shut down under your own terms. It would be a tragedy to see you shut the doors due to a lack of sales, as you were always top notch in customer service. Have some fun with your kids before they go and grow up on you!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, I remember stopping by Kraig's place to buy out his TC parts in the middle of the night on my way to the Cleveland Champs in '03 or '04 or some time around then. Always a lifesaver!

Glad to hear you're spending more time with the kids. Take it from me, having 2 or more jobs is no fun!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Kraig and Tammy, thanks for the excellent service you always provided me. Best of luck to you and your family!

Christian
(Sao Paulo - Brazil)
Old 01-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Kraig -- thanks for being there. I always had great experiences with your shop. Maybe I'll see you at the Novak this weekend.