R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/14266-alex-racing-barracuda-r2-r3.html)

SpeedTech 03-03-2003 06:57 PM

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Hi Guys,

It's official, Speed Tech R/C will be the distributor for the extremely popular Japanese touring sedan, the Alex Racing Barracuda R2 in the US. We are expecting to get the shipment in the 3rd week of March, and we will start taking pre-orders tonight on our website.

Dealers that are interested in carrying the car in your shop can also contact us through phone or email. :)

Thank you all for reading, and I will keep you all posted.

Sincerely,

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

madjack 03-03-2003 10:31 PM

Steve, congrats. From the picture links you sent it is easy to see why this car is such a hit in Japan! It appears to have all the needed pieces.

John

SpeedTech 03-04-2003 10:44 AM

Thanks John, wait till I show you the car in person. After a few break in run, I am able to get the car to free spin for around 15 seconds!!! :)

For those of you that are interested in this new race car, we posted some specs on our website, and also, another website dedicated just to Alex Racing products will be launch very soon.

Thank you all for reading.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

JDM_DOHC_SiR 03-04-2003 11:14 AM

All I can do is just Smile :D :D :D :D :smile:

-Dave:sneaky:

Herminator 03-04-2003 11:16 AM

I'm very tempted, even though it will mean importing one to the UK. Do you have any spare parts prices yet?

Also does it come with a front one way in the kit? if so does it have a standard diff as a spare?

I hope you take international orders :nod:

OSherman 03-04-2003 11:30 AM

i too would like to know if there is a front ball diff included in the kit...

JDM_DOHC_SiR 03-04-2003 11:41 AM

Originally posted by OSherman
i too would like to know if there is a front ball diff included in the kit...
Nope...:sweat: It just comes with the front one way and rear ball diff ... but they can be ordered:nod: .. Ask Steve I'm sure he can get it..
Also there are a few people that are making a solid diff spool for the front as we speak:nod: :D

-Dave:sneaky:

Fiddle Fadel 03-04-2003 11:44 AM

Steve,
How do the lexan gear covers fit? Are the gear halfs open and the lexan fits over it? Does it seal well?
Thanks
Dave

eeyan 03-04-2003 11:46 AM

Steve,

Congrats on the deal with Alex Racing... Now, should I regret buying the TB Evo III from Speedtech? If I only knew you'd be getting this car, I should've... @#$!, oh wait, this thing isn't TCS legal right? Hehehe... looks good though in person. Are you still running it in stock form?

Ian

JDM_DOHC_SiR 03-04-2003 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Fiddle Fadel
[B How do the lexan gear covers fit? Are the gear halfs open and the lexan fits over it? Does it seal well?
[/B]
They fit over the Diff halfs:nod: but it's not 100% sealed.. it's closed just enought to keep rocks and such out:rolleyes:

Kraig 03-04-2003 02:08 PM

That is one nice looking car! I think I will have to contact Steve about getting some. :)

Congrats Steve!

Kraig

SpeedTech 03-04-2003 02:19 PM

Hi Kraig,

Thanks, let me know if you're interested in carrying the car. :) Just send me an email, or give me a call here at the shop.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Jeff Werner 03-04-2003 03:06 PM

What type of fastners are used in the kit? I know with many Imports that phillip head screws are used...the old hex heads are the way to go and wanted to know which the Cuda came with?

15 secs of spin that is wild free. Bet that car has some punch. In your limited time with it Steve you liked it over your belt based car you have been drinving?

Jeff

4PlayRacing 03-04-2003 03:23 PM

Barracuda?

Steve
Is this car a design of Alex Racing or does it just appear
to look similar to and EVO II
Thanks

Herminator 03-04-2003 03:25 PM

Looks like Hex from that nice close up :) I do find those philip head screws annoying, so much easier to strip. Seems to have a lot of parts that other kits would have as hop ups. Hope your pre-orders aren't to full all ready.