Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by raving-monkey
like hell thats their actually car...its only just been built hasn't even been run (no dirt or anything on it) and they would most likely have the new hubs on wouldn't they
Certainly looks like it could be a team drivers car to me.
Xenon R2 chassis but with R3 bulkheads and possibly R3 shock towers, the front shock tower looks cut down a little too. R3 bumper brace also.
Looks like they just took the bits they liked out of all the versions of the Cuda.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Car looks pretty nice but not using as many after market stuff as I thought I would see on the car. He was I think if I looked at it correctly 3rd in the D which considering how many mains they had and who was racing he did great for Alex Racing. I saw many top name drivers way lower than the D main so I would think he did great.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

VERY quiet
Any more news from the worlds ??

Or god forbid more pictures ??

It's all very interesting seeing what there up too .. !!

What do you think to the yokomo, all i can see is they still haven't addressed those front hubs yet and they shatter for a pass time, guess massami don't hit things as much as the rest of us mortals tho
Old 10-30-2004, 04:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Funny thing is Billy Easton made the A with a pretty stock looking Yoke SD with the silver chassis and he has not run much as of late. Says alot for the Yoke if you ask me. He had some alum. toe in blocks like the ones they use on the Pro4.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Hey,

I wasn't bashing , simiply statating that i didn't think that possibly the SD's greatest flaw had been addressed !!

I've had 1 and when there going well, they go very well , just ensure you don't hit the boards or the front'll fall off
Old 10-31-2004, 04:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by Merciless
Hey,

I wasn't bashing , simiply statating that i didn't think that possibly the SD's greatest flaw had been addressed !!

I've had 1 and when there going well, they go very well , just ensure you don't hit the boards or the front'll fall off
I didn't think you were bashing at all. I also had a few Yokes and the SD was the last one I had and yes I would agree with you about the weeak front end. I also had problems if I took a shot in the rear as the rear shock tower liked to break alot.

I just thought that it was impressive for Easton to make the show with a pretty stock SD while Masami's was pretty tricked out.

Lets hope more info pops up on the the Cuda's that ran at the Worlds. It is nice to see a pick of two fo their cars but it would be cool if their setups were posted.

I think the magazines could do a better job of posting car setups. They only post the winners. Wouldn't it be cool if at major races they posted the setups of like 5 to 6 brands of cars for the top guys. Like the top Losi, Associated, Corally, Yoke, Cuda and stuff like that. Tired of the same damn thing all the time.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:29 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Man quiet in here today!!!!! Well I just ordered some ceramics for my Cuda. It will be smoother than ever before.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Man quiet in here today!!!!! Well I just ordered some ceramics for my Cuda. It will be smoother than ever before.
Been kind of busy with the other cars I have .... but I'll have some things to report after wed thurs this week ...when I get back from the Race at Kawaba R/C plaza ..putting the R2 PAL to work!!
-Dave
Old 10-31-2004, 07:31 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Been kind of busy with the other cars I have .... but I'll have some things to report after wed thurs this week ...when I get back from the Race at Kawaba R/C plaza ..putting the R2 PAL to work!!
-Dave
Sounds good. I'm doing a complete rebuild once my Pal stuff arrives. I got all my other stuff ready to go and a few things from Speedtech that will be here on Wed and then I will be getting to work.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any word on the BMI chassis? I remember some talk then it just died.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by pumpkinfish
Any word on the BMI chassis? I remember some talk then it just died.
Jason just got back from Vacation last week and was sick most of the week and was trying to catch up on his orders from being away. It is going to happen for sure but might another week or two.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:48 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Crashmaster
Same here mate. Are you running rubbers or foams??

Cheers
Dan
back from racing last weekend. (rubber on carpet)

i was doing quiet well, the car was handling ok.

setup:

trf shocks 3 hole pistons
60wt front, 40wt rear

1,4x 5,25 front , 1,4x 5,50 rear

1,6mm swaybar in front, rear none

midspawn arms

3deg toe-in rear

0° kickup front and rear..

tires: pit 24r
Old 11-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Cheers TC3, I'll give that a run next meet.

On another matter, does anyone know how I can stop the batteries literally flying out of the car?? It managed to wreck 2 quali runs, and the final

Anyway, thanks for any help

Cheers
Dan
Old 11-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Crashmaster
Cheers TC3, I'll give that a run next meet.

On another matter, does anyone know how I can stop the batteries literally flying out of the car?? It managed to wreck 2 quali runs, and the final

Anyway, thanks for any help

Cheers
Dan
If your using GP's the chassis needs to be filed down so the batteries sit into the chassis. Are you using the battery strap that came with the kit? If you are toss it use tape. Much better to hold in the batteries.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by COLEKO
If your using GP's the chassis needs to be filed down so the batteries sit into the chassis. Are you using the battery strap that came with the kit? If you are toss it use tape. Much better to hold in the batteries.
You guessed it, I'm using the kit battery strap!

Ah well, lets get some tape

Cheers
Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.