Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

what is the best way of sealing the chassis etc?

i know it tells you on alexracing site but when ever i try it, the glue always runs down the side of the chassis ?(i mean onto the top or bottom..not where its meant to be )..so how do you guys seal your chassis' etc..successfully?
Old 09-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

I got normal CA super glue that comes in a little tub with a brush built into the cap. It's thin enough that it flows a bit and the brush makes doing a neat job a lot easier. You could do the same with a cotton bud stick but may get a few white fliffy bits stuck on the edge of your chassis.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

ok, what is q-tips btw? they mention them on alexracing site.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

just had a look and q-tips are the same as what we call "cotton buds" and we have a tub of them so i will give them a try
Old 09-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by raving-monkey
just had a look and q-tips are the same as what we call "cotton buds" and we have a tub of them so i will give them a try
Just remember not to clean out your ears with one just after gluing the edge of your chassis
Old 09-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

hahahaha...great building tip
Old 09-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default I would just like to express something:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!!!
I've never ever felt such a free drive train after the whole running in process and cleaning the bearings, the first time i pushed the car just felt as if there was bugger-all resistance and rolled a mile!!!
I work in this industry and see many, many racers cars and all i can say is that the Barracuda is free. one of the best! i can confidently say that apart from one corally assasin that i've seen, which felt freer from memory (coupled with it being belt drive, which is amazing for belt) out of the box with little or no work (apart from shimming and the bearing clean) it's THE free-est drive train i've seen!
Now Dave, how can i make it freeer and whip the corally's ass?? I have noticed that the knuckles are squeezing the bearings more than i like along with the alloy shaft holders and i will enlarge the hole so that the bearings aren't buckled, but apart from that, any other tips?
Cheers
Old 09-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by raving-monkey
thanks, i looked there but it doesn't seem very detailed..or any pics.

i guess it will do tho
if you have any questions regarding what's on the site, feel free to email me at: [email protected]

Steve Wang
Old 09-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: I would just like to express something:

Originally posted by poop
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!!!
I've never ever felt such a free drive train after the whole running in process and cleaning the bearings, the first time i pushed the car just felt as if there was bugger-all resistance and rolled a mile!!!
I work in this industry and see many, many racers cars and all i can say is that the Barracuda is free. one of the best! i can confidently say that apart from one corally assasin that i've seen, which felt freer from memory (coupled with it being belt drive, which is amazing for belt) out of the box with little or no work (apart from shimming and the bearing clean) it's THE free-est drive train i've seen!
Now Dave, how can i make it freeer and whip the corally's ass?? I have noticed that the knuckles are squeezing the bearings more than i like along with the alloy shaft holders and i will enlarge the hole so that the bearings aren't buckled, but apart from that, any other tips?
Cheers
Great news.!! Glad the advice I gave you worked..now that you have that done...I see you have found one more are to work on...... now on to the next tip

it involves a file and some sandpaper to the bevel gear on the area where it rests on the bearings for the bevel gear there should only be a slight ammount of matterial that should be removed from this area to free up some of the pressure that the bevel gear has when it is in the bearings

I`ll post a picture a bit later of a new bevel gear vs a modified gear so you can see the difference
-Dave
Old 09-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: I would just like to express something:

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Great news.!! Glad the advice I gave you worked..now that you have that done...I see you have found one more are to work on...... now on to the next tip

it involves a file and some sandpaper to the bevel gear on the area where it rests on the bearings for the bevel gear there should only be a slight ammount of matterial that should be removed from this area to free up some of the pressure that the bevel gear has when it is in the bearings

I`ll post a picture a bit later of a new bevel gear vs a modified gear so you can see the difference
-Dave
NO!!!!!!!! NOT THE 16T BEVEL!!!!!!!
I had such a hard time trying to take it out after running the car in to clean the bearings
but i'll do anything to make it even freer, freer than the corally
thanks Dave!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: I would just like to express something:

Originally posted by poop
NO!!!!!!!! NOT THE 16T BEVEL!!!!!!!
I had such a hard time trying to take it out after running the car in to clean the bearings
but i'll do anything to make it even freer, freer than the corally
thanks Dave!
Trust me this will free it up a bit more and more than likely make the drive train just a little bit more quiet
-Dave
Old 09-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: I would just like to express something:

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Trust me this will free it up a bit more and more than likely make the drive train just a little bit more quiet
-Dave
Quiet .. I use my drivetrain to scare the other cars of the track
Old 09-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I would just like to express something:

Originally posted by stjerno
Quiet .. I use my drivetrain to scare the other cars of the track
DOH!! thats one way to do it
-Dave
Old 09-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

r2 parts or hop ups fits in r3?? can some 1 tell wat the diff
Old 09-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Most of the R2 parts and hopups fit the R3 ... however there are few ones that are unique to the particular model

If you want to check about any item in particular ... post here and someone will definitely help you out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.