Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone know if an ORANGE version R3 will be available in the near future??? or at all???...
Old 08-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by OSherman
Does anyone know if an ORANGE version R3 will be available in the near future??? or at all???...
Dave- ???
Old 08-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by OSherman
In about 2 months I will have one ( self produced of course )But Alex doesn't have anything on there plate yet
-Dave
Old 08-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default HELP! 1st time 2 build

Hi,

I just brought a R3, I saw there are metal bearings include in the kit.

I am just wondering, do i need to do any perparetion works before I start building the chassis?

and what sort of things i need to do before building it?

Thanks
Old 08-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey sorry ive not been around i have been real busy at work...

well set up tips.......

i have done lots of festing with the car and the main difference that made the car good or real bad was shock build this car responds real good to set up changes!

my starting set up is

yoko orange springs all round
50wt oil with hpi number 3 pistons
3 deg toe in (rear)
0 front
camber 1 deg all round
short front camber link on toip deck and mid at rear
low holes all round in rear and fron hubs

0.5mm roll center lifted this gave more direct feel to the car and it didnt roll as much..

shock postions were outer most hole at front and 2nd from outer at rear and this is with a oneway...

bodyshell i use an ing magnus..

thanks jimmy
Old 08-27-2004, 01:26 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for sharing Jimmy,

Do you know the spring rate of the Yoke springs ?

I assume this is outdoor asphalt on rubber
again .. shock pos is outmost on the arms both front and rear ??
Old 08-27-2004, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stjerno
Does Jimmy Maddison have some setup tips to share ??

You know Jimmy, If one is a champ, one must share here

talking about champs ... Herm - do you have any backdoors to a certain speedomanufactor ?
Hmm, when did you email them?
I find it's best to phone, then you can often get passed to the guy that programs them and has a bit more of the technical knowledge.

Take a close up pic of your speedo and post it here, may be able to tell you what went wrong from a photo.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Zzzzz

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Painting and Slumming on other threads

-Dave
Sounds like you're going into painting overdrive
I bet the place you buy your shells from is happy
I think I'll get the rest of the things I need and start airbrushing in the next month or so.... should have lot of pretty coke bottles in October then about a year after I planned on starting

What wing would you normaly use on an Alex Stratus? will have to take one off an old shell so I have ones from a Chrysler, MG, Alfa, Mazda and possibly a Vectra.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Herminator
Hmm, when did you email them?
I find it's best to phone, then you can often get passed to the guy that programs them and has a bit more of the technical knowledge.

Take a close up pic of your speedo and post it here, may be able to tell you what went wrong from a photo.
Theres noting to show .. the speedo started with the usual blink delay and then nothing happede .. no servo movement no speeder response ..
I turned the speedo off and on again but this time I had no blinks and the speedo turned warm
Toke eletronics apart, motor ran fine when connected to the bat and I had not made any changes to the car since I ran it the last time.
Now the speedo is just dead and I think one of the internal fets had a meltdown (i got very hot very fast).

I'll give em' a call on the phone.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: HELP! 1st time 2 build

Originally posted by chappi
Hi,

I just brought a R3, I saw there are metal bearings include in the kit.

I am just wondering, do i need to do any perparetion works before I start building the chassis?

and what sort of things i need to do before building it?

Thanks
I'd flush out the stock bearings, they're full of quite thick grease, some will probably squeeze out some grease on their first run if you don't.

Take the time to sand and glue the chassis edges, I hate flipping over cars that have razor sharp edges

Just the usual things to do. We're always here if you have a problem.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stjerno
Theres noting to show .. the speedo started with the usual blink delay and then nothing happede .. no servo movement no speeder response ..
I turned the speedo off and on again but this time I had no blinks and the speedo turned warm
Toke eletronics apart, motor ran fine when connected to the bat and I had not made any changes to the car since I ran it the last time.
Now the speedo is just dead and I think one of the internal fets had a meltdown (i got very hot very fast).

I'll give em' a call on the phone.

Thanks.
Seen that before, happened to me
Although I didn't touch the speedo the second time I turned it on so don't know if it got hot. I think my servo responded though, can't quite remember.
My wires were quite messily soldered to the posts and it was suspected the wires at the posts had managed to touch during a hard crash, they were very close to each other, thanks to using 12 gauge wire all round and having the ends quite squashed flat. They supply 14gauge wire for the two negative wires and 12 for the positive if my memory serves me right, this makes it a lot better.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default Re: Re: HELP! 1st time 2 build

I'd flush out the stock bearings, they're full of quite thick grease, some will probably squeeze out some grease on their first run if you don't.

Take the time to sand and glue the chassis edges, I hate flipping over cars that have razor sharp edges

Just the usual things to do. We're always here if you have a problem.
how do i "flush" out the stock bearing?

CAn i use some turps or WD-40 to soap the bearing in it to clean out the grease?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: HELP! 1st time 2 build

Originally posted by chappi
how do i "flush" out the stock bearing?

CAn i use some turps or WD-40 to soap the bearing in it to clean out the grease?
I normal put mine in cleaning gasoline the night over and change it until it stays clear.
Remember to put some oil in the bearings after you dried them.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Zzzzz

Sounds like you're going into painting overdrive
I bet the place you buy your shells from is happy
I think I'll get the rest of the things I need and start airbrushing in the next month or so.... should have lot of pretty coke bottles in October then about a year after I planned on starting

What wing would you normaly use on an Alex Stratus? will have to take one off an old shell so I have ones from a Chrysler, MG, Alfa, Mazda and possibly a Vectra.
As for what wing to use on the Alex Dodge.. I would use the Vectra one but wait till you see what alex has lined up for 2 new bodies around the time of the hobby show here in Japan.. ( PAL is making them right now )
-Dave
Old 08-27-2004, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Zzzzz

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
As for what wing to use on the Alex Dodge.. I would use the Vectra one but wait till you see what alex has lined up for 2 new bodies around the time of the hobby show here in Japan.. ( PAL is making them right now )
-Dave
Dave - do you have backstage pass to all japanes RC manufactors ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.