Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 06-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
id get rid of the clear tranny boxes and purchase some aluminum bearings holders for the driveshaft....unless you wanna hear grinding with high torque motors coming out of the corners
Ditto ..Those are one of the 1st upgrades and Cuda Owner should have Start with the front and then the Rear since you have the Xenon Stage2
-Dave
Old 06-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Congrats to the ALEX USA Guys ..
Thanks all for the support!
Had a slow start because I only had 1 day of practice (it drives Steve nuts but that's work for you ). The car was so so on practice day. Fought with an on power push that held me back by half a second from the fastest guys. Softened the front spring, took out some front droop and added 1mm spacer to the front pillow ball for the first qualifier on Saturday. 1st qualifier, push solved but now a little too aggresive mid corner . Still sitting in the top 10 though with a decent run. Switch to Parma Alfa body for round 2. Weather starts to get really hot, tire sauce not working as well so switched to Buggy Grip. Car had better balance though but still seemed to lack a little cornerspeed and motor. After 2 rounds I sat 10th overall. For the 3rd round on Sat. I went on the lookout for more motor! Talked to some Trinity and then Novak guys and got my hands on some sorely needed Trinity 4499 brushes. Car was smokin fast motor wise but in an effort to conserve my tires for Sunday qualifying and mains I had to reuse a set of tires. That automatically slows everybody down by a couple tenths. That's ok because I wanted to save the tires for the last qualifier on Sunday morning when the temps would be cooler so 3rd qualifier was just practice for me.
For Sundays qualifier I lightened the oil weight down to 50wt and ran 1lb lighter springs all around and geared up to 5.6 overall. The car was a rocket!! I knocked .7seconds off my average lap and qualified 5th overall for the round which secures the 10 spot in the a-main- whew!
A-main was a blast cos I had nothing to lose. Passed a mess of cars on the start of each main and actually was sitting 3rd and 4th the first 2 mains but all of the hard charging and excitement caught up with me for the final minute of each race and so got a little air on the kink (notorious section) and gave positions back. Still ended up higher than I started and was always on the same pace as the top 2 cars.
I'll have some detailed pics this week for you guys and a set-up sheet. Just need to decompress from my r/c car for a little while

Looking forward to next year!
Old 06-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by MikeR
Thanks all for the support!
Had a slow start because I only had 1 day of practice (it drives Steve nuts but that's work for you ). The car was so so on practice day. Fought with an on power push that held me back by half a second from the fastest guys. Softened the front spring, took out some front droop and added 1mm spacer to the front pillow ball for the first qualifier on Saturday. 1st qualifier, push solved but now a little too aggresive mid corner . Still sitting in the top 10 though with a decent run. Switch to Parma Alfa body for round 2. Weather starts to get really hot, tire sauce not working as well so switched to Buggy Grip. Car had better balance though but still seemed to lack a little cornerspeed and motor. After 2 rounds I sat 10th overall. For the 3rd round on Sat. I went on the lookout for more motor! Talked to some Trinity and then Novak guys and got my hands on some sorely needed Trinity 4499 brushes. Car was smokin fast motor wise but in an effort to conserve my tires for Sunday qualifying and mains I had to reuse a set of tires. That automatically slows everybody down by a couple tenths. That's ok because I wanted to save the tires for the last qualifier on Sunday morning when the temps would be cooler so 3rd qualifier was just practice for me.
For Sundays qualifier I lightened the oil weight down to 50wt and ran 1lb lighter springs all around and geared up to 5.6 overall. The car was a rocket!! I knocked .7seconds off my average lap and qualified 5th overall for the round which secures the 10 spot in the a-main- whew!
A-main was a blast cos I had nothing to lose. Passed a mess of cars on the start of each main and actually was sitting 3rd and 4th the first 2 mains but all of the hard charging and excitement caught up with me for the final minute of each race and so got a little air on the kink (notorious section) and gave positions back. Still ended up higher than I started and was always on the same pace as the top 2 cars.
I'll have some detailed pics this week for you guys and a set-up sheet. Just need to decompress from my r/c car for a little while

Looking forward to next year!
congrats on a great run mike! thats awesome considering you only had one day of practice!
Old 06-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I need help with mounting my electronics on the fish! I know my receiver is large and my esc is not much better. Here are a couple of shots to show what I was thinking. Also, if given the choice to run foam or rubber on a parking lot course, what would you choose?

P.S. I had to include some bling shots! I think the only pink part I do not have is the front body mounts

Old 06-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

I would probably use none of those options
Of the three the last one is the best, but you may want to mount the reciever on top of the servo. You definetly don't want the ESC on top of the servo, with the power wires going over the reciever, you're bound to get bad interference problems.
The option with the ESC hanging off the side of the chassis is too vunerable for me, such a nice speedo, you want to protect it
That reciever sure is a brick though you shouldn't need many weights to balance out the cells

The car sure is pretty you've gone all out on the hop ups too You certainly have to feel manly to turn up at the track with that

I wish I'd got some pictures of my car last night, really went from one extreme to the other with the speedo size.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

I would use the last one but turn the receiver around so that the antenna is near the center so it would not have alot exposed and turn it so the channel dials are facing the ESC so you can change the channels easier.

Looks really good. Making me want to get a pink R3.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Pink !! does..fit you.Don't it?
Old 06-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Can't help it I like the pink.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by pumpkinfish

P.S. I had to include some bling shots! I think the only pink part I do not have is the front body mounts
where'd you get the pink rear uprights? i thought i was the only one that ran a pink R3!

also id like to know where you got the alum. c hubs... id love to get a set of those.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hebiki
where'd you get the pink rear uprights? i thought i was the only one that ran a pink R3!

also id like to know where you got the alum. c hubs... id love to get a set of those.
looks like they're xennon hubs front and rear I'm sure Steve at Speedtech will be able to get you some if you ask nicely
Old 06-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hebiki, You are the one who made me want a pink R3...lol!

I bought the c-hubs and the rear uprights from speedtech. I think I check every day to see what pink aluminum Steve gets in When I ordered my Cuda, I think you got the one and only pink steering rack and the pink clamp hex hubs. Steve tried to talk me into a red or blue with the colored parts easier to get, but I held firm. I can't help it, I like oddball things and this just fit that aspect of my personality. Look at my avitar, it is my hairless cat I have!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by pumpkinfish
Hebiki, You are the one who made me want a pink R3...lol!

I bought the c-hubs and the rear uprights from speedtech. I think I check every day to see what pink aluminum Steve gets in When I ordered my Cuda, I think you got the one and only pink steering rack and the pink clamp hex hubs. Steve tried to talk me into a red or blue with the colored parts easier to get, but I held firm. I can't help it, I like oddball things and this just fit that aspect of my personality. Look at my avitar, it is my hairless cat I have!!!
wow, i actually affected someone's decision making process!

ya the pink is really nice in the R3. esp. if you start adding all the stuff to it. the only thing your missing now are the pink body posts. steve ordered one set..and i picked them up

i will need to get that C-Hub and rear upright set.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I used to use layout 3 also but with a Futaba 9550 compact servo. It gives you an extra 1/2" to move the receiver away from the ESC for less radio interference
Old 06-01-2004, 08:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have my receiver on the serov but my receiver is very small compared to most. I have the Multiplex Pico 3/4 and it is small. Fits great on the servo. Now I will have room for my speedo and my mini fan.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator

I wish I'd got some pictures of my car last night, really went from one extreme to the other with the speedo size.
Ya show us the F1 SpEeDo with Reverse

-Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.