Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 04-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

my part of the world don't even have an indoor track you guys are soo fortunate.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Anyone got any news on those speedway pal hubs ??? like will we be able to get them from STEVE any time soon ??

Are they any good ?? and how dose making those upper links so short affect the car ??

NE1 ??
Old 04-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Merciless
Anyone got any news on those speedway pal hubs ??? like will we be able to get them from STEVE any time soon ??

Are they any good ?? and how dose making those upper links so short affect the car ??

NE1 ??
Merciless,

At the earliest, they will arrive mid May. And as for the spool (I saw someone asking earlier) it should be early May.

They are good for tighter tracks or car in need of a quicker left/right transistion.

Steve Wang
Old 04-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am running the Speedway Pal hubs front and rear with the drop down brackets on my R2 and I really like them. I was running on carpet, but then on asphalt last weekend and the set up worked really well.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Need a little more steering !

What changes would give me somre more steering, both going in and out of corners ?

I haven't changed anything on the front except played a little with springs and shock posittion.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sternjo,

I had the same problem with my R2.

Try to soften the front springs or stiffen the rearsprings. Or else try the rear anti roll bar only.

Hope this helps
Old 05-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Try front slight toe out and incrrease rear ride height by .5mm.
Best of all, change the arm to mid span.
Softer spring in front will help as well.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Need a little more steering !

Originally posted by stjerno
What changes would give me somre more steering, both going in and out of corners ?

I haven't changed anything on the front except played a little with springs and shock posittion.
Stjerno,

From what I experienced, a little bit of LESS rear toe in helps the car come out of the corner better.

Steve Wang
Old 05-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Well it was in interesting first SMTCA round. Had to get used to using a wheel radio for the first full days racing and thankfully it didn't take too long. Managed to be on the pace and my second qualifying run gave me 5th in the A of 19Spec class. Could of improved in my time and moved up atleast one plac had I not made little mistakes in my last two runs, still need a little more run time with the new radio.
Must say thanks to Gaz, the Demon 19turn motor you hooked me up with was great, plenty fast enough. Ended up gearing it at 5.8, a fairly large track at Stirling, they run 5th scale there, although they must find it tight. Gave the comm one skim after two practise runs and two qualifiers, just needed a light skim and then a second lighter pass to get rid of some small marks on the leading edges of the segments, may tweak the +'ve spring to be a bit stronger to stop it blackening there.

The car was pretty good with my iindoor setup, just a bit less camber and less rear toe in and then I didn't touch it all day.

Unfortunatly I didn't get to race my final the stupid left front cvd pin came out and jammed in the c-hub It had done the same thing when I went out for my first practise so I had re-threadlocked it and tightened it right up so I was suprised to see it happen again. All that effort and I didn't get to race car against car
Old 05-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Glad to see you are happy with that motor Herm, they are a bit of work to get going but it is all worth it in the end

Got my car all ready for the BTCC next weekend, its quick and has planty of grip without trashing the tyres I was the fastest running the control tyre we will be using next week so fingers crossed for a clean run.

Cant say i've had a problem in the cvd/universal area as yet, was that down to wear or just plain bad luck??

Good to see a Barracuda going well at the pre worlds too

Its only a matter of time.............
Old 05-02-2004, 09:35 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hi Steve
I had a very good day and I very happy with my R2 xenon
I finished third in the 19t open and Our track is very large
My final gearing is 6.30 .ave lap time is low 17's and high 16's and I'm running reedy 19Turn...
I know my front hub carrier is 7 deg. I checked the angle
and I want to know how soon will you have the new front end parts available in stock?
I'm running with the one way diff and .08 sway bar in the front and non in the rear,
The car is very stable and smooth and carry good speed coming out of the turn..But not enough going into the corner.so I think I need more less deg caster than the stock block
I did add the spacer in the front A-arm for anti dive.but the same as less deg caster block
Please let me know about the new item coming in
How is Mark Dawson doing?
Old 05-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Barracuda Internal Gearing ratio

Hi

I would like to make a Gear ratio table for the Cuda R3 for 64 and 48 pitch. What is the internal Gearratio?

Thanks

Of course i will post it afterwards ;-)
Old 05-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Barracuda Internal Gearing ratio

Originally posted by Lotus111
Hi

I would like to make a Gear ratio table for the Cuda R3 for 64 and 48 pitch. What is the internal Gearratio?

Thanks

Of course i will post it afterwards ;-)
Internal ration is: 39/16 = 2.4375

Old 05-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Guess I'll save you the work and post the setup for you
Also included is the spring conversion chart..

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
alex springs.pdf (27.2 KB, 186 views)
Old 05-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks

Next ? what is the smalest and bigest Pinion an Spur gear we can fit 48 and 64 pitch

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.