Originally posted by RcMonk
Steve, Since you did so well over the weekend with those new parts, care to post your setup ? I assume this is an asphalt track.
The biggest thing that helped I think on the car right now is the shorten camber links (in the front especially) This is on a really high bit asphalt track:
Upper shock position: outter most hole
Lower arm position: outter most hole
Spring 1.5 / 6.25 coil alex spring
camber: -1.5 deg.
toe-in/out: slight toe-out (1 deg)
no sway bar
ride height: 4.5mm
droop: 2mm (we are now measure droop by the amount of mm above ride height) so if ride height is at 4.5mm, when we lift up the front, it is 6.5mm so droop = 2mm (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
One modification I'm using on the front are the SpeedWay pal camber link mount and their C-hub which has a king-pin style camber link mount.
Upper shock position: 1 in from outter most position
Lower Arm position: outter most
Spring: Yokomo White
Toe-in/out: 2.5 deg (using off-set ball stud in the rear suspension ball)
no sway bar
ride height = 5mm
Droop = 2mm
Roll center: Raised 0.8mm using A6511 shims
R3 rear hub carrier
I ran the Mazda 6 body on Saturday, and it worked well. I also went practicing today, and actually found the old Protoform 2.0 stratus to be a little bit better than the Mazda 6 (Unfortunately Protoform has stopped making the 2.0)