Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

i'll see how i get on with the alex racing ones for now but i got a set of really nice yokomo one's kicking around here too, i might just use them.

These alex racing shocks have got no bladers or any form of volume compensation and that can't be a good thing
Old 04-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Merciless
i'll see how i get on with the alex racing ones for now but i got a set of really nice yokomo one's kicking around here too, i might just use them.

These alex racing shocks have got no bladers or any form of volume compensation and that can't be a good thing
yah i think they're junk myself but they seem to work ok. they definately missed the ball with the shocks and should have just used yokomo or tamiya shocks with the kit.

*edit* actually, i take that back. They're not exactly junk but could use some improvements.

Last edited by AWOLsoldier; 04-01-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
The Yoke SD shock caps and bladders are a direct fit to the 'Cuda bodies. Mine work just like Tamiya shocks now and was much cheaper to replace caps than the whole shock. I bought mine from Speedtech.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:41 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey Randman
Question: I'm running med span arm right now for out door race. I want to know should I change to long span arm?
Our track have very good traction and very long straight away
I believe the track is 150 by 80 or Close to Tamiya track Thanks
Old 04-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
I'm not having any problems in 19t with the car either. Dont know if it's so much the belt car as it's the Losi though, I really just like how the car works.
Thanks man!
Old 04-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MikeR
Hey Guys,
The Yoke SD shock caps and bladders are a direct fit to the 'Cuda bodies. Mine work just like Tamiya shocks now and was much cheaper to replace caps than the whole shock. I bought mine from Speedtech.
Most of us know this already but until the yok caps come in red, i'm not buying any.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Right some more questions on the R3 !!

1) i'm using the inner most mounting holes on the steering rack and the inner ones on the steering knuckles this will i believe give the tightest turning circle ??
It still looks quite shallow so can anything be done to improve this or in use is it ok??

2)Front shock length at 59.5mm dosn't seem right, with foam tyres.Using that setting you'll soon have to replace the tyres just to get more ground clearence i was thinking more along the lines of 62.5mm.What lenght are you guys setting them to please (front and rear)

3)anyone got a part no. for the hpi No.2 pistons you all think i should be running and maybe a link to some where that has them INSTOCK (are you aware that piston no.6 on the shock parts tree has exactly 1.2mm holes in it ??)

4)mid span and short suspension arms where has these in the hard material again INSTOCK ??

YOUR HELP IS AND HAS BEEN GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 04-02-2004, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

A pic and some links so you can choose if you want to see more of it ??!!

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rod/...ar%20Front.jpg
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rod/...ont%20good.jpg
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rod/...tor%20side.jpg
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rod/...ide%20view.jpg
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rod/...g%20set-up.jpg

Just need to get it on the set-up board and straighten it up abit add some electrics and a shell and were off
Old 04-02-2004, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Cool

First day out with my new Cuda ..
setup was by the book and I had Sorex28 on the wheels.
Track is carpet with a very smooth surface.
Ridehight was 5mm F/R and I ran without any hopups like swaybars or other enhancements.

This car is cornering like its on rails we have a straigt going into a 180 turn at the end and I could pass the other drivers I usualy battle with on the inside of the turn everytime.
Everyone that tried the car was very impressed with its handling, and it's not even been fine tuned yet.
Having had a couple of good laps I set out for a new personal lab time record and .... CRASHED.. BUT the car hadled the crash well too.. nothing broken and not even the setup had changed after the crash. (I went out of the track and we run with 10 cm barrieres on the track)

THIS IS ONE COOL TOUGH CAR

More to come

The Wallbanger
Old 04-02-2004, 07:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Didn't you have a losi originally? Then sold it, bought every other car and then went back to the losi? Kinda funny.
No, I had a Losi right before the Yokomo, but the problem I had was I ran stock then, and the old drivetrain wasn't free so I couldn't pull people out of the corners like I can with a shaft car. They got a new drivetrain now, so the car with all the cornerspeed now has punch.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by OVA
Hey Randman
Question: I'm running med span arm right now for out door race. I want to know should I change to long span arm?
Our track have very good traction and very long straight away
I believe the track is 150 by 80 or Close to Tamiya track Thanks
I dont do a whole lot of outdoor racing, and I'm usually pretty slow when I do but when I went to the mid span arms, I never went back, just liked how the car felt more than the long span arms all around.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

No, I had a Losi right before the Yokomo, but the problem I had was I ran stock then, and the old drivetrain wasn't free so I couldn't pull people out of the corners like I can with a shaft car. They got a new drivetrain now, so the car with all the cornerspeed now has punch.
You didn't want to try out an xray or a schumacher? I'm glad you got everything working out for you now.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
You didn't want to try out an xray or a schumacher? I'm glad you got everything working out for you now.
I'm set with the Losi... I knew that when the new belt came out it was the car for me.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm set with the Losi... I knew that when the new belt came out it was the car for me.
new belt car?
Old 04-02-2004, 08:39 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks Randman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.