Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

AWOLSoldier,

Please send me an email at: [email protected]

I think I got the Xenon bits to put together a drive system for you.

Steve Wang
Old 03-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
AWOLSoldier,

Please send me an email at: [email protected]

I think I got the Xenon bits to put together a drive system for you.

Steve Wang
Thanks steve i'll do that. Any comments on my question above? I think it's just how the car is but i just want to make sure.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

AWOLSoldier,

About droop...everyone's got their own theory on it, and everyone uses a different measurement number, which is sometimes what makes it confusing

I use the Yokom YT-HDG Ride height and droop gauge and basically for droop it measures a certain point on the suspension (for me I use the bottom of the C-hub and bottom of the rear hub) and its relationship with the chassis. For example, I'm running 7mm droop in the front and about 5mm in the rear. What that translate to is that particular point on the front suspension is 7mm above the chassis (bottom part of the chassis) and the rear suspension point is 5mm about the rear (bottom part) of the chassis.

Hope that helps.

Steve Wang
Old 03-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

AWOLSoldier,

About droop...everyone's got their own theory on it, and everyone uses a different measurement number, which is sometimes what makes it confusing

I use the Yokom YT-HDG Ride height and droop gauge and basically for droop it measures a certain point on the suspension (for me I use the bottom of the C-hub and bottom of the rear hub) and its relationship with the chassis. For example, I'm running 7mm droop in the front and about 5mm in the rear. What that translate to is that particular point on the front suspension is 7mm above the chassis (bottom part of the chassis) and the rear suspension point is 5mm about the rear (bottom part) of the chassis.

Hope that helps.

Steve Wang
I think i'm not being clear enough... i'm not specificly asking about droop. What i'm trying to say is that the front suspension arms do not travel all the way down, the c-hubs limit this. This is with no droop screws installed and the shocks removed. Just wondering if this is how the cuda is supposed to be. It does this with the stock c-hubs as well (i'm running the xenon aluminum chubs at the moment).
Old 03-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

AWOLsoldier is right ...

With the Xenon Front C Hubs (especially), the front suspension arms cannot travel all the way down to touch the chassis, even without installing the shocks. Is this normal or we need to make some modifications to the suspension arms?

Regards,
Mark
Old 03-19-2004, 08:53 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I have the same problem...I just to make sure that my ride height is 5mm and no higher
Old 03-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Is it just me or does it seem that the R2 is being discontinued. No body has any anymore. RC Mushroom sold their last ones and are not geting anymore, and Steve doesn't have them at Speedtech. I would get a R3 if I already hadn't spent so much on parts for the car and I don't really care for the TC3 steering rack. Any of you guys on the other side of the world have any info on this.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Is it just me or does it seem that the R2 is being discontinued. No body has any anymore. RC Mushroom sold their last ones and are not geting anymore, and Steve doesn't have them at Speedtech. I would get a R3 if I already hadn't spent so much on parts for the car and I don't really care for the TC3 steering rack. Any of you guys on the other side of the world have any info on this.
yes..pretty much the R2 was discontinued when the R3 was released...
Old 03-20-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by NismoSkyline17

Hi NismoSkyline17,

Are you interested in a brand new R2 or only spare parts for the same car?
Old 03-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Did anyone manage to make a locked front diff for the Barracuda yet?

Regards,
Mark
Old 03-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Default Xenon hubs

Can someone tell me if the Xenon R2 alloy hubs are suitable for the R3

I assume the fronts are exactly the same, but i'm sure i've read that the new R3 rear hubs are a lower roll-center and also that the Xenon are a different roll center to the std. R2 ones but are the XENON alloy hubs and the R3 std. rear hubs are same roll center ???

HELP plz
Old 03-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
AWOLsoldier is right ...

With the Xenon Front C Hubs (especially), the front suspension arms cannot travel all the way down to touch the chassis, even without installing the shocks. Is this normal or we need to make some modifications to the suspension arms?

Regards,
Mark
bumping this post as we've yet to see an explination.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
bumping this post as we've yet to see an explination.
It's normal, I have the same thing on my car. The droop setting you end up with the Xenon C-hub is ideal for most track condition. If for whatever reason you need to bring the arms back down and run less droop, switch back to the plastic hubs.

AWOLSoldier,

I got your email, I'll put together a price for you Monday.

Steve Wang
Old 03-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

It's normal, I have the same thing on my car. The droop setting you end up with the Xenon C-hub is ideal for most track condition. If for whatever reason you need to bring the arms back down and run less droop, switch back to the plastic hubs.

AWOLSoldier,

I got your email, I'll put together a price for you Monday.

Steve Wang
Ah ok Steve. So what you're saying is that it has built in droop? Sounds good, we just wanted to make sure.

No rush on the price for the xenon stuff, i know you're a busy guy.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I went back to the plastic rear hubs, teh ones that reduce rear tow and running the ront Xenon hubs and didn't break anything this week. For some reason, the regular setup, teh car wanted to skate around the turns. It might have been the humidity b/c of a rain storm that went on during the races...but what do I know...
Merciless' sig sums it up for me...if I wouldn't have piped it twice, it would have been another Cuda victory...prolly costed me the points. Stil, had fun though...first time in a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.