Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Yup, thanks for noticing

By the way, I didn't have such a good run on Tuesday, so it is not even worth posting, however...I did try out the PAL system. The fit, and the craftmanship on that unit is amazing. The car seem to fly with that unit (I have quite a few guys including factory guys commenting on how much acceleration the car has)

I'll be back next Tuesday, hopefully I have the bugs all worked out

Steve Wang
Old 04-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Come on Steve, what did you do wrong?

If the PAL syatem is that good I may have to put it at the top of my list, other alloy goodies will have to wait, although I defo want the battery strap, I have some nice blue alloy posts here waiting

I really don't like the bleed screws on my shocks, they are leaking again and they're imposisble to tighten up without stripping the head. I think the yokomo bladders will have to be bought, harder to get air free but easier to get leak free.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Yup, thanks for noticing

By the way, I didn't have such a good run on Tuesday, so it is not even worth posting, however...I did try out the PAL system. The fit, and the craftmanship on that unit is amazing. The car seem to fly with that unit (I have quite a few guys including factory guys commenting on how much acceleration the car has)

I'll be back next Tuesday, hopefully I have the bugs all worked out

Steve Wang
Hey Steve did you try 64P Gears yet....with the PAL Drive System...??
Did you notice any more or less drive train noise

-Dave
Also We need some Pic's of the Goods on your Car MAN!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dave,

No, I did not get a chance to try them since I'm not a big 64P fan myself so I don't have a selection of 64P gears. Redbullfixx might try them this coming tuesday though. As for noise, my car has got to be one of the quietest car on the track

Hermi,

too embarrassed to post about it, but lets just say it was beyond my control hahahaha

About the bleed screws...I haven't had problems with them, but because of its size you really have to use the correct size phillip screw drivers. I'm almost 100% certain that you can put the Yokomo YS-8D bladder type aluminum shock caps on there.

Steve Wang

Last edited by SpeedTech; 04-17-2003 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR

Also We need some Pic's of the Goods on your Car MAN!!!!!!!
Yeah, please do post a picture of a fully hopped up w/ every option available R2.
I'm pretty sure a lot of us will enjoy it, especially Hermi
Old 04-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator

I really don't like the bleed screws on my shocks, they are leaking again and they're imposisble to tighten up without stripping the head. I think the yokomo bladders will have to be bought, harder to get air free but easier to get leak free.
Hermi'

Why don't you get the right size screw driver for the Screws..?? ... I haven't had one problem with any of the 4 Alex cars that I have ...

-Dave
Old 04-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Steve what kind of gearing are you using with your 19T Matrix motor? I'll be racing mine for the first time this Sunday at the first Scottish event, a medium to large tarmac track.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hermi'

Why don't you get the right size screw driver for the Screws..?? ... I haven't had one problem with any of the 4 Alex cars that I have ...

-Dave
I used the right size screw driver, the screws seemed awfully soft to me. They are in with about 1mm of the screw shaft showing and simply won't go in further but after having a couple of weeks of nice clean shocks the are now covered in oil again
Old 04-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow My R2

Hey guys, here's some pix of my R2....

Cuda (No Shell)

Old 04-17-2003, 05:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow Another Pic

Heres one with the Alpha Shell

R2 w/Shell

Old 04-17-2003, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Dave,

No, I did not get a chance to try them since I'm not a big 64P fan myself so I don't have a selection of 64P gears. Redbullfixx might try them this coming tuesday though.

I'm almost 100% certain that you can put the Yokomo YS-8D bladder type aluminum shock caps on there.

Steve Wang

Please give us a Report if you can.. I would love to compare how it is to the Older Motor shaft holders like I have on my R1...the Square one actually made the drive train more quiet

and on the Yoke' Bladder caps (alloy ones) work just fine I have a picture of them on my Buddys R2 that I have to look for....but as for my self I still prefer the Screw type ones. ... because I rebuild my socks about once a week to change the Oil
-Dave
Old 04-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Another Pic

Originally posted by Bartz!
Heres one with the Alpha Shell

R2 w/Shell

Wow Looks Nice

-Dave
Old 04-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default SPRINGS...SPRINGS...SPRINGS...

Dave,

Oh all knowing one. So with the 17 different spring rates available from Alex I was wondering if any poor soles had taken the time to put together a matrix / conversion chart for their multitude of spring? (diam./coil# to US lbs.)

Yeah...I know I'm asking alot, but hey, you have not let us down yet!

As for my latest testing with redbull...lets just say that I have covered the spectrum as it relates to different baseline set-ups. Last week I ran the long arms for the 1st time. It's certainly not the best config. for So Cal, but I need to understand how the car behaves after a given chassis change. (given the Reedy race around the corner)

That being said, this beast will turn in if you decide to stand those front shocks up!

I'm taking a week off from testng due to work but will return with a high roll-center, spool / stiff spring config in two weeks.

As always your help is appreciated with the "sprang thang" Dave,

JC
Old 04-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: SPRINGS...SPRINGS...SPRINGS...

Originally posted by madjack
Dave,

Oh all knowing one. So with the 17 different spring rates available from Alex I was wondering if any poor soles had taken the time to put together a matrix / conversion chart for their multitude of spring? (diam./coil# to US lbs.)

Yeah...I know I'm asking alot, but hey, you have not let us down yet!

JC

Hey'

Don't worry it's in work right now should have it done in a day or two .. I haven't forgot..

Also... I find my self using the Short span arm (PAL) for all tracks..it seems to work much better than the Long A-arms ..plus it has the toe in fixed at a wonderful 2.75 deg which seems to be the lesser of all evils' with the Cuda'... What is the toatl toe you all are running at So~Cal.?? and what Alex Spring are you running.?? Oil ect ect... Just keep me up to date when you can with your findings and I'll keep you all up to date when I get back
I think that I'll be going through about 20 Packs in a day

-Dave
Old 04-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default So Cal set-ups....or not!

Dave,

I have been running the stock spring so far...next test date will include the following springs, 15600 in front & 15525 in the rear...and back to the mid span arms.

Front
Shock stock piston (drilled with a number #56 bit) 40wt
Spring - kit
Ride height - 5mm
rollcenter - kit
long arms
1.4 sway bar
one way
Xenon alloy hubs - 1 upper link spacer
-.5 toe out
long upper links

Rear
Shock stock piston (drilled with a number #56 bit) 30wt
Spring - kit
Ride height - 5mm
rollcenter - kit
long arms
1.0 sway bar
Xenon 1.0 rear hubs - 1 upper link spacer
-2.0 rear toe
adjust. pivot ball
long upper links

BTW - this was not a set-up I would recomend for a tight track!

JC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.