Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 03:43 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

xenon R2 is btter than R3
The xenon is a up grade conversion kit for R2?
Old 11-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, hey, hey.....my new chassis is here and 60% ready to go already just got the main chassis to finish off in the morning and then put the thing together again.

Going to run it at club tomorrow night to see how she goes

Herm, minipins are 65.5 mm when new....makes the car feel like its on stilts Doesnt take long to get em down to 65 mm though where they really work. Got Rayspeed springs on my Cuda too and dont have a prob with ride height, 4 mm easily possible.

Great to see you guys are running well with ya Cudas over there, thought for one moment today that Dave Spash might have signed up (wishful thinking) now that hes left Tr****y. Ah well no more tips for my 1/12th scale

Hope to have some pictures of the new improved ride before I go racing tomorrow.

Time to kick even more a**
Old 11-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm, when I had Rayspeeds on there was no way I could of had 4mm ride height, even with proper slicks on. Maybe if I used the inner shock mounting holes on the tower and the outer most ones on the suspension arms, but thats not much use.

Will have a try again sometime this week, but I really liked the Alex Racing springs tonight, I have enough of them to go up and down in small steps.

Good to hear you finaly got your stuff You're going to love it on the track
Old 11-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OVA
xenon R2 is btter than R3
The xenon is a up grade conversion kit for R2?
I like the much easier spur gear access that the Xenon/PAL conversions have. Also I'm not too sure about the glittery graphite of the R3 but I really like the shiney woven graphite of the Xenon conversion with it's machined out sections it's very nice
Old 11-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did i read a few (million) pages back that dave or someone said that the glitter was limited to the first 500 as everyone thought it sucked?
Old 11-10-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by berger
Did i read a few (million) pages back that dave or someone said that the glitter was limited to the first 500 as everyone thought it sucked?
Yea...I think that is correct....
I'm in no rush to buy another car... so I'll wait til the standard CF is avialable.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When it comes time to order the R3, I think I'll wait, I just sunk a lot of money in my xenon R2 and this will be the 2nd time running it since the conversion. I think the last thing to invest is the ceramic bearings from acer that are on their way, hopefully soon. I have to try and free up my drivetrain because it's not as smooth as KO's, Dave's and EA's...I must have gotten careless in assembly somewhere...
Old 11-10-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Have you had a look at Dave (JDM's) tips on how to make the drive train nice and free???/

Sure helped mine spin to win
Old 11-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
When it comes time to order the R3, I think I'll wait, I just sunk a lot of money in my xenon R2 and this will be the 2nd time running it since the conversion. I think the last thing to invest is the ceramic bearings from acer that are on their way, hopefully soon. I have to try and free up my drivetrain because it's not as smooth as KO's, Dave's and EA's...I must have gotten careless in assembly somewhere...
How are you shimming your diffs? and do you clean out your bearing regularly?

I really like the integy vibrating dish for cleaning bearings, so much better than just soaking bearings, even in half an hour it does twice the job of letting them soak over night
As long as the standard bearings hold up they will be staying, they're free enough for me after a good vibration cleaning
Old 11-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Default smooth and free

heath I will help you out on that sat !
Old 11-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Im pretty sure ill be ordering a R3, ill wait until after Xmas, when i can afford one and ill see what Dave and others say about it, then ill put my order in i think.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

So Herm, was the turn in of your Cuda improved and was the balance any better, one of my other local clubs..at Swindon run on polished floor and kind of wondered what you thought of the Xenon upgrade to see if it was worth my while shooting down the road and letting my Pal cuda loose on polished wooden floors.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Yea...I think that is correct....
I'm in no rush to buy another car... so I'll wait til the standard CF is avialable.
That's why i bought that Xray T1 to tide me over... can't stand glittery graphite! Ugh... why couldn't they have made those web specials. I'll be ordering a standard graphite as soon as they're available though.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: smooth and free

Originally posted by Ko Racer
heath I will help you out on that sat !
okay...thanks...I'll come to the track early, what time do you and Dennis get there? Where in teh world is Tim? He is missing out on some fun. Thanks again!
Old 11-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Gazza_D
So Herm, was the turn in of your Cuda improved and was the balance any better, one of my other local clubs..at Swindon run on polished floor and kind of wondered what you thought of the Xenon upgrade to see if it was worth my while shooting down the road and letting my Pal cuda loose on polished wooden floors.
Turn in was definetly improved and I would say the balance is better.
The car fealt faster into corners without sacrificing rear end grip. It was really positive in the corners and allowed me to run very tight lines very consistantly. The standard R2 is just as consistant when setup well butI wouldn't say so as much on new tyres like I was running and it's not quite as fast in cornering.

Can't wait to get to the summer outdoors season
Give me one warm day at Carlisle's outdoor track and the 19turn track record will come down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.