Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by JIMC
I notice the R2 does not come with the set screws used to set the droop.
What size would they be and who might I get them from
Thanks
They actually arent set screws in this kit, they are 3x12 cap head screws.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Herminator
I try to keep sring rates close front to rear, normaly within one grade but often found one rate stiffer up front helps balance the car for me.

On the same theme, whats this "magic" combination of Rayspeed springs Dave keeps saying he likes and I think KO too, reds and whites I think but which way round.
I honestly think that reds and whites would be waaay stiff for your application... Dave gets nice capped asphault tracks, and Joseph gets nice carpet tracks
Old 11-09-2003, 10:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Had a good turnout last night. 54 racers with 22 of them in 19 turn. Web car was dialed but the driver was out to lunch Had a killer TQ run going in every heat just didnt get much help with traffic...or marshalls!! Car is fast as hell through the corners (well 53 people think so...One said I was just fast because of my motor!!) . Still managed a 2nd place finish after getting parked when passing for the lead.

Bad news is that I wont be able to run again untill the first of December

ea
19 turn sounds like it would be a lot of fun... I propably wont get the chance to run one until next years Reedy race comes around though...
Old 11-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Regional Moderator

So what happened to your radio?
You inherit the glitching?
Well lets say when you hand someone your radio and they start pushing buttons and and dont know what there for then yes
that means trouble when you dont have time to set your adjustments back and you have to make do
Old 11-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Randman
I honestly think that reds and whites would be waaay stiff for your application... Dave gets nice capped asphault tracks, and Joseph gets nice carpet tracks
Myself and EA have switched and trying stiffer springs from yokomo Gt4 gray front and silver rear seem to work a bit better .
Old 11-09-2003, 11:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Myself and EA have switched and trying stiffer springs from yokomo Gt4 gray front and silver rear seem to work a bit better .
Crap, that's a pretty stiff setup... I wish I could say that I had enough traction around here to run those...
Old 11-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
Well it's just something to try, usualy it's not the overall spring strength that makes a difference, it's the balance with the car. Often a good tarmac setup thats easy to drive is pretty good indoors, then you can start going one step softer all round and see how things go. This is how I went with my Alex Racing springs but may have gone too soft now, just trying to define a few limits to work within for an event on the 30th.

Anyway, is it red's on the front and whites on the rear?
Old 11-09-2003, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Well lets say when you hand someone your radio and they start pushing buttons and and dont know what there for then yes
that means trouble when you dont have time to set your adjustments back and you have to make do
Hmm... sounds like someone doesn't know how to play nice with other people equipment I would be kinda pissed if someone started stabbing buttons they didn't know about too, they certainly wouldn't get leant anything again.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

I havent run rubber on carpet just foams. Not sure but I ran at Fernando's (toys for boys) VERY high traction asphalt track with rubber tires and started with Dave Berger's setup on the Alex usa site and it was DIALED. With as much traction as Fernandos has it should work on carpet too. only changes I made was I ran 30 wt oil with Hpi # 2 pistons and ran 1mm kickup in front arms and 1mm under front ball on rear arms as well.

It might be hard to really compare since I am running the xenon/speedway pay type chassis and speedway pal hubs/upperdeck mounts (allows you to run 28mm tires no problem). So they are a little difffernt from the stock chassis. But I would highly reconmend both if you look to upgrade anything in the near future.

Hope this helps...if you need anything else let me know.

ea

Thanks EAMotorsports
I'll give Dave Berger's setup a try

I've got one of Jason's paint jobs. orange tearaway onto white on a BMWGT3......super sweeeeet...Big dog does killer work

Jim Crider

They actually arent set screws in this kit, they are 3x12 cap head screws.

Thanks Randman.
I had some 3mm set screws in another chassis.

The car is together and on the stand hooked to its 3rd 2 cell/slave motor run.
Im getting about 45 minutes run time from each 2 cell.

All i have to do is install electronics and what not, but I'm waiting on my new Novak GT7 which should be in monday or tuesday.

Jim Crider
Old 11-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well it's just something to try, usualy it's not the overall spring strength that makes a difference, it's the balance with the car. Often a good tarmac setup thats easy to drive is pretty good indoors, then you can start going one step softer all round and see how things go. This is how I went with my Alex Racing springs but may have gone too soft now, just trying to define a few limits to work within for an event on the 30th.

Anyway, is it red's on the front and whites on the rear?
Red in front White in the Rear
Old 11-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Had a good turnout last night. 54 racers with 22 of them in 19 turn. Web car was dialed but the driver was out to lunch Had a killer TQ run going in every heat just didnt get much help with traffic...or marshalls!! Car is fast as hell through the corners (well 53 people think so...One said I was just fast because of my motor!!) . Still managed a 2nd place finish after getting parked when passing for the lead.

Bad news is that I wont be able to run again untill the first of December

ea
Sounds like you had fun
so how did you like the PAL chassis vise the Xenon one..??

-Dave
Old 11-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

JDM--Web car was actually faster than the other...But I think it was due to being more traction in the track. I ran a bunch of 10.4's this week....Last week 10.5's where the best and only 2-3 of them. The pal car is harder to get the motor in and pinion gear on. But the orange is more than worth it.

ea
Old 11-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

JDM--Web car was actually faster than the other...But I think it was due to being more traction in the track. I ran a bunch of 10.4's this week....Last week 10.5's where the best and only 2-3 of them. The pal car is harder to get the motor in and pinion gear on. But the orange is more than worth it.

ea
I was going to ask you about the Motor issue haahahahah tight fit isn`t it

Glad you had a good time
1/12 is in full bloom over here in Japan now...having a blast with it also I have the ALEX/Xenon Cup here on Dec 7th so that should be a blast
-Dave
Old 11-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Yea its tight....it wouldnt be so bad but since I am right handed (a normal person!!) and I have to use my left hand to put the motor screws in its hard!!

Here is a pic of my new web body

ea
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-webbody.jpg  
Old 11-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

My Cuda is finaly about finished it's make over what a weekend Just got to finish the electrics off.

I've made the foam bumper a little more secure, so it stops bending back, by putting an RCLab battery strap post on the center bumper mounting screw, Works out very well since the top section with the holes for body clips just pokes out of the foam bumper. I then opened up one hole on my personal transponder so the post could go through it and I can secure it with a body clip. SO a nice dual purpose mod which also adds more blue

Don't know how you get away with using Rayspeed springs, they give me far too much ride height

Very nice shell EA, bright enough for people to see you lapping them
Sprayed myself a new Alfa 2.0, just a very quick one colour job using an old can I had lying around doing nothing, my old Alfa is literaly falling apart Will have something more worthy for my cuda soon

Can't get some shiney bits on my Cuda motor heatsink won't fit under the top deck when the motor is so close to the center since I'm using tiny pinions for my revvy stock motor. Also can't work a way to fit the battery brace now although if PAL would make me a nice reversed version it would work fine.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.