Tech Regular

Getting picky now Herm!! You'll be wanting a diff thrown in the kit aswell soon
Clamping wheel hexes too, or are we just asking too much
Old 10-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
Hehe, seems opinion is divided on the glitter chassis I'd prefer ssg, or gold
Other than that the car looks perfect if it comes in that spec out of the box, although maybe it would be nicer if they had the yoke bladder caps as standard, instead of those big ugly black ones

it will pretty much have all of the same stuff..minus the Alloy center shaft holders....

also.... All of the Sus components are interchangeable with the R2 .
and I agree the Glitter is not to everyones liking..it's 50/50 with the Japanese too
-Dave
Old 10-13-2003, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

aww, it shoudl come with alloy shaft holders, they add so much niceness to the kit
A diff in the kit would be handy too, not all of us are able to use a one way all the time

Back from racing tonight, it was ok, a bit dodgy at the start then the last two qualifying runs I got the car going well. The last qualifier it was great, although I wasn't too happy with the run, I thought I'd ran wide a few too many times and I hit the wall hard once and had to turn the car around when it had stopped. I then was told I'd set FTD which was odd because I knew the guy who normaly wins was ahead of me unless he'd had a crash. It turn out he'd had a lap missed by the computer so I didn't quite have FTD, was still shocked to have been 2nd, the second half of the run I was just pumping in fast and consistant times
Started the final well enough, was swapping with the usual leader for 1st place and my car was flying. Then he made a mistake as he was ahead and as I took my usual line around a corner I hit his car which was across the racing line I got away fine without loosing much time but then I saw my shell was sitting up on one corner, the body post was bent underneath it at the front, causing rubbing on the wheel. I lost not far off two laps as two marshals counldn't find the body post since it was bent back. The race was well and truely over for me I could of won I actually finished 4th as we ran 6 car finals for some reason ( the top 6 do tend to be close then there's usually a gap to the rest so it's probably safer that way) and two guys pulled out. Need to check my car over now, it seemed to have something dragging the drivetrain after the crash
Time for some titanium body posts too
Old 10-13-2003, 05:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That R3 is nice. I kinda like the glitter in the graphite. As far as my racing on this past Saturday, practice was pretty good so I left the car alone. Put in a Putnam 19 turn motor and it was FAST!!! The first heat didn't go very well, the car needed to be centered a little and I was making some mistakes so I made the heat of some sorting for the rest of the day. Well, running nitro sedan right after didn't help as far as working on the cuda but it's fun to run the Mugen. 2nd heat was not kind to me at all. I went off last in the I.F.M.A.R. start and didn't make one full lap. I grazed a pipe, not very hard, and I thought that a ball cup popped off but the marshall said it's broke. I brought it in and broke a c-hub, and pulled the screw out of the knuckle that has the bearings in it. No biggie, I replaced the parts but...when I went to put the the one way out drives back in, they wouldn't go all the way in...I looked inside and the bearing had self destructed inside, DOH...I didn't clip the pipe that hard and had a lot worse looking crashes before. I thought of Steve when he first got his R2 when he broke a c hub. Well, I borrowed a car for the 3rd heat but it was a handful..I scrapped the b main because I really never got anything going. I even broke my nitro car b/c I didn't charge my reciever pack up and was blasting around a corner, it shifted gears and clubbed the wall coming off of the turn at about full speed w/ the left front corner...another DOH...all I broke was a tie rod. Well, now to look for the indoor season on Nov. 1st...I have plenty of time to get ready... BTW, Eric, (EA Motorsports), and Jason, (BigDogRacing), were at the track. Eric helped me out a lot. They are both really nice racers, hope Jason comes back to East Tennessee to race with us and take us to School
Old 10-13-2003, 09:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
here are some better pics of the R3
I can understand where Dave gets his pics, but how the heck do you get em Joseph??
Old 10-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
I can understand where Dave gets his pics, but how the heck do you get em Joseph??
I think that Ko gets his from some Japanese home pages. ...He finds some good pic's that I don't have time to look for

-Dave
Old 10-14-2003, 12:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I think that Ko gets his from some Japanese home pages. ...He finds some good pic's that I don't have time to look for

-Dave
If only I could navigate those pages, I'd be set...
Old 10-14-2003, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

YAY i should get my blue parts from KO 2day
Old 10-14-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Dave: Did you get my PM?I am always waiting for your reply.Thanks a lot.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:28 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR

-Dave

I just beat you to it thats all
dont act like you dont have time . we all work so we are equal
Old 10-14-2003, 05:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
Yeppers you should have them today so get you some tools and build that cuda
Old 10-14-2003, 05:31 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Randman
If only I could navigate those pages, I'd be set...

Its not hard plus I have a freind here thats from J-land so if im in a pickle about something I pick up the telly
Old 10-14-2003, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Its not hard plus I have a freind here thats from J-land so if im in a pickle about something I pick up the telly
wouldn't it be better to pick up the old "dog and bone" instead of the tv?
Old 10-14-2003, 09:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
Does that mean that the car will actually be built before long??
Old 10-14-2003, 09:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I need a japanese exchange student to come live here, then I'll be on the right track on navigating those damn pages

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.