Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 10:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I know the PAL driver and the Xenon Driver...but they were in the B-Main.....

but I have seen the Fukita guy at the Nagoya Ragi Ten a few months back....

-Dave
I'd still like to go back there to J-Land and race with those guys. We get a bunch of fast drivers at SoCal, but I'd like to see if the Japanese guys are faster, they definately look smoother on the track...
Old 09-15-2003, 10:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
Sorry about that Randman, please send it again.
Alright, I hope I didnt delete it
Old 09-15-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Here is the 8th place local driver notice the K&K sticker on the T-shirt

-Dave
Hi Dave,
I noticed that the Kazu is using mid span arms and the Pal hubs. I guess that's the hot set up for the racers there running their cuda. Is he using the stock R2 chassis? Thanks
Old 09-15-2003, 10:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Resent the PM FBJoe
Old 09-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnny55
Hey I highly recommend this shop to annyone that wants annything hard to get here in the states, they were very helpful and took paypal. I got my Cuda in 4 days from Japan!! They held the car for me for about 3 weeks very good shop and people to deal with.
Hey Johnny, just so you know, this doesn't help us trying to get the cuda going here.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Old 09-16-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Wow, I'm really surprized that they still have those 2 in stock, wonder why they havent sold???
They are more than likely gone by now...that was a while back when I saw them.. ...too much $$$$$ anyways...I think that Speed Tech was selling them for cheaper

-Dave
Old 09-16-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
Hi Dave,
I noticed that the Kazu is using mid span arms and the Pal hubs. I guess that's the hot set up for the racers there running their cuda. Is he using the stock R2 chassis? Thanks

Most of the guys running the cuda over here in the Tokyo/Yokohma area run the Pal Hubs and mid span ...but I`m now tring a set up with the PAL hubs and Long Span a-arms..

-Dave
Old 09-16-2003, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randman
I'm still thinking I want to try the hubs and upper link mounts from PAL, if the PAL chassis doesn't provide enough steering that is...
They work even better on the PAL or Xenon one

-Dave
Old 09-16-2003, 04:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Most of the guys running the cuda over here in the Tokyo/Yokohma area run the Pal Hubs and mid span ...but I`m now tring a set up with the PAL hubs and Long Span a-arms..

-Dave
hey dave let me know what you come up with on the long arm pal hub set up im getting ready to try the mid span arms and pal hubs out for the first time. you know i have been stuck on the others so this is something new for me
Old 09-16-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ko Racer
hey dave let me know what you come up with on the long arm pal hub set up im getting ready to try the mid span arms and pal hubs out for the first time. you know i have been stuck on the others so this is something new for me
Me too I like the short span a lot ...but the mid span has a few more tuning options.. the car feels very close to what my EXCEL R1 did with the PAL short span a-arms

you might want to try only one weight firmer oil up front and the same springs all the way arounf as a starting point..

-Dave
Old 09-16-2003, 04:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Me too I like the short span a lot ...but the mid span has a few more tuning options.. the car feels very close to what my EXCEL R1 did with the PAL short span a-arms

you might want to try only one weight firmer oil up front and the same springs all the way arounf as a starting point..

-Dave
gotcha bro you still going with the hpi springs ? or doing the RS springs? and which do you perfer for all for corners
Old 09-16-2003, 04:53 AM
Tech Champion

Exclamation

On a side note about the Barracuda R2....Alex Racing has had a HUGE Order placed buy a bunch of shops for new kits since the latest placing of the barracuda r2....it might be hard to get parts in the next couple of months...due to the fact that this car has just got a $h!t load of attention in the past couple of days in Japan ... I heard this news from the local track owner... good news for ALEX racing!!! since they are such a small company ...and they were able to make a car that was able to hang with the big dogs and they didn`t even have a sponsored driver ... just shows what you can do with this car !!
-Dave
Old 09-16-2003, 04:55 AM
Tech Champion

gotcha bro you still going with the hpi springs ? or doing the RS springs? and which do you perfer for all for corners

I am using the RS and the ALEX 1.5 line of springs.. I have a pretty good set up that I can send to you that I had worked on for a high grip track...

-Dave
Old 09-16-2003, 05:01 AM
Regional Moderator

I am using the RS and the ALEX 1.5 line of springs.. I have a pretty good set up that I can send to you that I had worked on for a high grip track...

-Dave

Dave that would be great and if you have any others you want to throw my way I promise it wont upset me
Old 09-16-2003, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Dave that would be great and if you have any others you want to throw my way I promise it wont upset me
I don`t have carpet set ups ...but I`m willing to bet that some of the set ups that I have will work just fine...I have a PAL R1 set up and a R2 with PAL hub set up that you should try out..
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.