Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 04-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by madjack
Dave, thanks much for the info.

So far the only part on my R2 that has broken has been the front hub.....was sent into a post at full speed....impact made a really expensive sound

Steve,

Will you be stock either of these two mfg.s? (Square or Excel)

thanks,

JC
Hi JC'

I belive that SpeedTech will be getting all of the Alloy hubs in about Mid to end of APRIL ..... I'll let Steve tell you all the details....but the Alloy hubs will be under the Alex/Xenon/EXCEL Name...they should be a tad bit different that the Square ones from what I have been told....

Also on a side note ......as far as things that Brake on the Cuda's here is a small list... in order of most replaced part

#1 C-hubs
#2 16T Bevel gear ( due to wrong installation )
#3 front steering knuckels (very rear but it does happen )

Thats about it

-Dave
Old 04-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Dave,

thanks for the info.

I'm pretty happy with the car after only 3 days of testing. (spending time with Steve and redbullfix at So Cal).

The car continues to improve, however I'm reluctant to spend much more time testing the mid span arms with the Reedy event just around the corner.

In Japan on the larger tracks do you find that the faster drivers are running the R2 with or without sway bars? (the car seems to run fairly flat without... )

Just trying to shave some test time...are there any sites your aware of that post R2 set-ups?

BTW are you floating off the Rock these day's?

JC
Old 04-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Red face MaDjAcK wasssssupp

You may want to have a look at the links from the Alex.jp page, in particular K&K hobby, they have some very good info, but its all in nihon, still worth a look though.

One of those links has some setup sheets too.
How is your day off from RC going ;-*

http://www.alex.ne.jp/
Old 04-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Dave,

thanks for the info.

I'm pretty happy with the car after only 3 days of testing. (spending time with Steve and redbullfix at So Cal).

The car continues to improve, however I'm reluctant to spend much more time testing the mid span arms with the Reedy event just around the corner.

In Japan on the larger tracks do you find that the faster drivers are running the R2 with or without sway bars? (the car seems to run fairly flat without... )

Just trying to shave some test time...are there any sites your aware of that post R2 set-ups?

BTW are you floating off the Rock these day's?

JC

I have a bunch of set ups..for the R1/R2and PAL Cuda.... What type of surface is the track and what are the temps.?

And Just Like Redbull Said Barra-Maniax (Club K&K ) has a bunch of set ups....also Xenon Japan has a bunch to...I can translate all of them if you want

just let me know

And yes I'm still on the big Steel Rock ..but hopefully not for much longer... if you have been watching the news

-Dave
Old 04-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: MaDjAcK wasssssupp

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
You may want to have a look at the links from the Alex.jp page, in particular K&K hobby, they have some very good info, but its all in nihon, still worth a look though.

One of those links has some setup sheets too.
How is your day off from RC going ;-*

http://www.alex.ne.jp/
Here are a few more links with set~ups
look at the top of the page

-Dave
Old 04-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Default fishy Set-ups

Dave: our track is SoCal,
Indoor
Banked oval with infield on pavement.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

They look like they're from a video, any links to the video's themselfs?

Would be helpful Dave if you could translate a few of the best setups. I'd prefer tarmac setups, doubt you''ll find any for wooden floors
Old 04-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Cool

http://www.socalrc.com/vids.htm
Old 04-05-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default set-ups

Thanks for the info. gents.

RBF - the RC day off lasted until 4PM... then I started at it...played with shock positions for TuesPM

Dave thanks for the support with the Cuda's. I'm not opposed to going to school on someone else!

As a former employee of a division within the Dept. of the Navy...stay safe, clean that sh*t up and get out of harms way ASAP!

You take care,

JC
Old 04-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow R2 Instruction Manual...

Does anyone know if the manual for the R2 only has Japanese text? If so, are the photos and figures descriptive enough to get by without English text?
Old 04-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Japanese only w/ pictures. Kinda like putting together a Gundam kit.

But Steve has a section on www.alexracingusa.com that will help you too.

You can also download the .pdf manual here http://www.alex.ne.jp/Barracuda_menu1.htm

Enjoy.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The TC3 turns better to the right on power, (torque from the motor pulls the right side of the chassis downward)

So Steve...which direction do you think we will be running at the Tamiya America during the Reedy race this year?
madjack,

The way the Tamiya is setup, we have to run the direction we always run...counter clock wise.

Steve Wang
Old 04-05-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

As for aluminum suspension pieces, I believe we have the front C-hubs and the rear hub carriers coming. These are made by Xenon Racing, a close partner of Alex Racing in Japan. I'll be trying out the rear hub carrier this Tuesday at SoCal and Redbull will be trying out the front C-hub when he gets a chance

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress of this next shipment.

Steve Wang
Old 04-06-2003, 05:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

As for aluminum suspension pieces, I believe we have the front C-hubs and the rear hub carriers coming. These are made by Xenon Racing, a close partner of Alex Racing in Japan. I'll be trying out the rear hub carrier this Tuesday at SoCal and Redbull will be trying out the front C-hub when he gets a chance

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress of this next shipment.

Steve Wang
Does any of this need to be preordered? What are some of the prices going to be? Thanks!
Old 04-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Alloy Hubs cont.

Originally posted by Bartz!
Does anyone know if the manual for the R2 only has Japanese text? If so, are the photos and figures descriptive enough to get by without English text?
As of now the manual that comes with the kit is in Japanese...but....Steve at SpeedTech has put a English guide sheet in with the R2's that he sells.... for now.....When I get back home I might be inclined to do a full translation my self for you all and post it up on Steves site so it can be downloaded....Between my Wife & Myself we should be able to do a 100% changeover from Japanese to English

-Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.