Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

From the pictures I've seen of the SoCal track it's nice, but I wouldn't describe it as huge. Do you really get the power of a 7 turn onto the track?
On a smallish tarmac track my 19turn keeps up with all but the best 12turn, and he was having dumping/overheating problems
I would have thought it would take a HUGE track for a 7turn to be benificial.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You can usually use more powerful motors because of the large banked sweepers onto or off of the straightaway. But basically I only use them, because that's what the fast drivers use, of coarse the factory drivers drive better than I do, but I dont often get outmotored...
Old 08-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randman,

No problem!

Herminator,

You know, from talking to a couple of pro guys and their respective team managers, sometimes, they just throw in a 8T because they heard the other pro-guy threw in an 8T. Then someone goes to 7T, and then the other pro guy will try and match and throw in a 7T as well. I can assure you that they were cranking the same lap times with a 7T as they will probably do with a 10T. We've seen this few weeks before the Reedy race when all the big guns were practicing with 10T for the 10T limit rule...they were definitely not any slower. This sometimes creates a misconception to the intermediate racers that they have to run big motors to keep up, and a lot of times, it just equates to wheel spin

Steve Wang
Old 08-27-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Egad, here I am going fishing again...

There's a lot of traction at Socal...atleast if you car is setup properly to act like a track magnet So yes, you can go big on motor and still keep it somewhere on a line. I'll admit, mod aint my thing in the fishbowl. However, the factory guys have it figured out. Last time I saw Numan actually run, he threw down with a 6Turn...zing!

I like making slow stuff fast hehe. But sometimes when the moon and stars are aligned, I'll scoot around with an 8Dub hehe.

Good run last night fellas! Enjoying those racebucks Randy? Also, Where TF are your calipers?
Old 08-27-2003, 09:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Randman,

No problem!

Herminator,

You know, from talking to a couple of pro guys and their respective team managers, sometimes, they just throw in a 8T because they heard the other pro-guy threw in an 8T. Then someone goes to 7T, and then the other pro guy will try and match and throw in a 7T as well. I can assure you that they were cranking the same lap times with a 7T as they will probably do with a 10T. We've seen this few weeks before the Reedy race when all the big guns were practicing with 10T for the 10T limit rule...they were definitely not any slower. This sometimes creates a misconception to the intermediate racers that they have to run big motors to keep up, and a lot of times, it just equates to wheel spin

Steve Wang
Wheel spin is why I ran offroad for 6 years, you learn a lot of throttle control running 10 turn motors on dirt... I can run those hot motors now, and even coming out of tight corners can keep all 4 tires planted. Takes a lot of practice
Old 08-27-2003, 09:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rtypec
Egad, here I am going fishing again...

There's a lot of traction at Socal...atleast if you car is setup properly to act like a track magnet So yes, you can go big on motor and still keep it somewhere on a line. I'll admit, mod aint my thing in the fishbowl. However, the factory guys have it figured out. Last time I saw Numan actually run, he threw down with a 6Turn...zing!

I like making slow stuff fast hehe. But sometimes when the moon and stars are aligned, I'll scoot around with an 8Dub hehe.

Good run last night fellas! Enjoying those racebucks Randy? Also, Where TF are your calipers?
hehehe, I'm trying to figure out how to spend them

BTW, I do wish my R2 had steering like your Evo 3, I was just a hair jealous while driving your car
Old 08-27-2003, 09:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

hmm, getting Pinky back together right now, the PAL driveshaft spins very untrue, hope Steve has them in stock, looks like pinky will be getting a purple shaft...
Old 08-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

so finally u can say u broken parts on the cuda huh randman?
Old 08-27-2003, 11:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
so finally u can say u broken parts on the cuda huh randman?
None of the stock parts...
Old 08-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
hmm, getting Pinky back together right now, the PAL driveshaft spins very untrue, hope Steve has them in stock, looks like pinky will be getting a purple shaft...
The Saft is oly part of the problem....Look at the rear drive cup that goes through the bearing..
9~10 times thats were your going to get the wobble..I had it with the Carbon shaft when I had them in my Car too not a biggie in my book the the An!al... types will nit pic that thought

-Dave
Old 08-27-2003, 11:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
The Saft is oly part of the problem....Look at the rear drive cup that goes through the bearing..
9~10 times thats were your going to get the wobble..I had it with the Carbon shaft when I had them in my Car too not a biggie in my book the the An!al... types will nit pic that thought

-Dave
We nitpick all of the other drivetrain stuff, and change dogbones when they are bent, I think it's somewhat important to have the shaft spinning true, otherwise it puts a lot of stress on the bearings, and causes resistance at high RPM...
Old 08-27-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Champion

We nitpick all of the other drivetrain stuff, and change dogbones when they are bent, I think it's somewhat important to have the shaft spinning true, otherwise it puts a lot of stress on the bearings, and causes resistance at high RPM...
Now you see why I only run the steel dog bones up front..

but you really should look at that rear center shaft drive cup..

-Dave
Old 08-27-2003, 11:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The rear runs true, it's the front causing the problem... Do they sell spares?
Old 08-27-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

The rear runs true, it's the front causing the problem... Do they sell spares?
]THey Sure do..

........need one..

-Dave
Old 08-28-2003, 12:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Can ya get me a pink front imput, and I would like a spare shaft as well... just not sure if I should go graphite or aluminum for the BL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.