Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 12:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Anodizing is good because it actually hardens the surface of the aluminum, makes it harder to scratch, and the color will last
Old 08-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Some help needed for building

Hi,

Web Special: Yeah, that orange car. LOL

Ok, so I've already sand down the chassis batteries slots and CA all the graphite parts. Now doing the shocks but I'm getting stuck since its all written in Japanese and my brother Jimmy is not here to help.

1. I'm using the HPI #2 shock pistons that are grey and I find that the black shock pistons that came with the kit have the same size hole as the HPI ones. The stock ones fit more sluggly then the HPI ones so is that correct?

2. Also, there are 2 types of 0-rings, black ones and white/clear ones. Which of these goes first toward the top?

3. There are also washers and spacers on the parts tree, but it does not specify which is which to use.

Can one of you experience guys help me out here?

Thanks

Dan
Old 08-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Teeth, I think Dave has the manual in english...helped a lot since he made it AFTER I built mine...it's been a while since I built mine...
Old 08-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Teeth, I think Dave has the manual in english...helped a lot since he made it AFTER I built mine...it's been a while since I built mine...
Thanks. Do you know where I can get this english manual?

Dan
Old 08-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Thanks. Do you know where I can get this english manual?

Dan
me too....
Old 08-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rc-zombies
me too....
Yeah bro! you'll need it cause it ain't even close to what I think it says. ROFLMAO

Dan
Old 08-01-2003, 05:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From JDM_DOHC_SiR...whenever he decides to get up...our hard earned tax dollars going to him so he can play with toy cars for bowling trophies...lol...j/k Dave...
Old 08-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Some help needed for building

Hi,

Ok, so I've already sand down the chassis batteries slots and CA all the graphite parts. Now doing the shocks but I'm getting stuck since its all written in Japanese and my brother Jimmy is not here to help.

1. I'm using the HPI #2 shock pistons that are grey and I find that the black shock pistons that came with the kit have the same size hole as the HPI ones. The stock ones fit more sluggly then the HPI ones so is that correct?

2. Also, there are 2 types of 0-rings, black ones and white/clear ones. Which of these goes first toward the top?

3. There are also washers and spacers on the parts tree, but it does not specify which is which to use.

Thanks

Dan
Well I'l try help from memory, been a while since I've had to rebuild my shocks those yoke bladder caps are the most leak free I've ever seen plus they make building them even very easy

1) my memory thinks the stock pistons are white.... you may have the wrong parts, as the kit items don't come on a tree, I think they come in their own little bag. Just checked Speedtech website and the the pistons are white (Alex Racing uses a few Yokomo parts tree's so lots of bits you don't need )

2)The O-rings for use in the shocks are the clear/whiteish ones, the black rubber o-rings are for use in the one way drive cups

3) Steve included an extra sheet for helping when building, that included details on which spacers to use. From memory, first it's some white ones which have a smaller radius section that fits in the alloy shock end, then there are rubber o-rings (two I think), a spacer (not sure which one) think it's small and black, then a larger black spacer which has a flat on one side, you then put the metal clip in place to hold it all together and the straight section of the clip sits on the flat of the last spacer. Also remember that the rear shocks use an extra small black spacer on the shock shaft itself, it's one of the smaller radius ones but is a little thick.

Hope that helps, too tired to fetch my manual from the living room
Old 08-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
me too....
pfft, manuals are for wimps

well actually the japanese one isn't that bad, it has lots of helpful pictures, (although some contradict each other)
Old 08-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Some help needed for building

Hi,

Thanks

Dan
Tell ya what I`m going to do for you all ...give me a Day and I`ll show you some detailed pictures of how the shocks go and some other little tricks for them...

Sound good...

-Dave
Old 08-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Some help needed for building

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Tell ya what I`m going to do for you all ...give me a Day and I`ll show you some detailed pictures of how the shocks go and some other little tricks for them...

Sound good...

-Dave
sheesh, you have your own way of doing things for everything

sounds good though, especially if you get Steve to put it up on the website
Old 08-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Some help needed for building

Originally posted by Herminator
sheesh, you have your own way of doing things for everything

sounds good though, especially if you get Steve to put it up on the website
I have had a lot of good things that I have posted here but they never seem to end up on the ALEX site

Steve if your reading this...Take notes...

-Dave
Old 08-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Some help needed for building

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I have had a lot of good things that I have posted here but they never seem to end up on the ALEX site

Steve if your reading this...Take notes...

-Dave
I think he may miss it amungst all the junk we post on here too or those long sigs distract him I think we can forgive him on the sig thing, he's not been racing much so his finger will be tired, concentration will be hard to keep up when your digits are tiring
Old 08-01-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some help needed for building

Originally posted by Herminator
I think he may miss it amungst all the junk we post on here too or those long sigs distract him I think we can forgive him on the sig thing, he's not been racing much so his finger will be tired, concentration will be hard to keep up when your digits are tiring
True True....
Old 08-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Herminator,

Thanks. Strange how my shock parts are all on the black tree and nothing resembles the the look of the manual parts.

JDM,

Thanks and I really appreciate that. Hopefully once built I can post a picture of it here. I know this is not the easist of cars to built but it looks really solid so far.

Dan
P.S. Now, could it be that because this is the web version, its different then the other cuda? reason is, on the english supplement sheet, it said to take #2 of the part tree yet, its a spring spacer guide. LOL..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.