R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Help! how do i dial in an electric motor? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/142585-help-how-do-i-dial-electric-motor.html)

empaint3 12-31-2006 11:08 PM

Help! how do i dial in an electric motor?

hey, i race a TC4 and need help dialing in the motor. i just don't get what to do with brushes, springs, and timing. i don't know what any of them do. so if anyone has an easy explanation for them, that would be greatly appreciated.

thank you and happy new year

UN4RACING 12-31-2006 11:25 PM

Stock and 19 turn.
True the com, fresh brushes, I prefer reedy 767 its been a while check that# the cavity brush 769 is good to. Brush springs? I like the trinity purple purple for indoor racing. Now clean eveything real good with motor spray, And purchase a reedy shim kit, and some trinity teflon shims for stock. The reedy shim kit has instuctions on how to shim. Put it together, put it in the car and take about 5 or 6 slow laps to break in the motor, AND FLOOR IT.
This otta get you started I'm sure some one at the local track or shop can help to.

X

SlamMan 01-01-2007 09:57 AM

www.MotorTuningSecrets.com

corradopsi 01-01-2007 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by SlamMan

pretty darn good article. the only thing i differ on is using a reamer to size and align the holes in the bushing, then polish them while still in the can and endbell.

Marcos.J 01-01-2007 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by empaint3
hey, i race a TC4 and need help dialing in the motor. i just don't get what to do with brushes, springs, and timing. i don't know what any of them do. so if anyone has an easy explanation for them, that would be greatly appreciated.

thank you and happy new year

just buy one from Team Brood ,EA ,Axiom and just drop it in and run it

20 SMOKE 01-01-2007 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
just buy one from Team Brood ,EA ,Axiom and just drop it in and run it

or High Velocity . had to marcos :)

Marcos.J 01-01-2007 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
or High Velocity . had to marcos :)

no problem i know i forgot a few ;)

corradopsi 01-01-2007 06:13 PM

well guys, ill agree, todays motor tuners offer incredible motors for reasonable prices. for regular club races i use thier motors. but that doesnt help with handout motors. every now and then typical racers like to do big races too. those races usually have handout motors involved and knowing what needs to be done and how to do it is important information to have. i think every racer should print out a copy of the motor tuning article on that website and keep it in thier pitbox. its good not just for new raw motors but keeping your previously tuned motors in top condition as well.