Brushed or Brushless?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushed or Brushless?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

speedxl - NO, You don't get it, they ARE being raced in competition! If your not for brushless then that's cool but you don't need to sh*t on people when they express that they would like brushless to be legal. You don't have the faintest idea how many racers around the country (or the world for that matter) would like brushless to be legal. I don't give a crap that Roar says that foams arn't legal for electric TC asphult racing, I run them each week (with many others) and it's great. The fact is people will run whatever they want as long as there are enough other people who are willing to do so. I think the racers you talk to would rather keep brushed, because brushless would take away the edge they have, due to big pockets. I think brushless would be awsome and I also think that they should be starting to making them legal(just heard today that novak has a new brushless motor comparable to stocks). Even though I don't spend much on brushed equipment(brushes and such) I would like to move to brushless. It means less maintance and more confidence that my motor will stay strong from run to run.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 09-17-2003 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedxl
but smell the coffe you guys are the 5% of the racing crowd for it and were probably the ones that couldnt figure out the brushed motors.
So anybody who races brushless is incompetent when it comes to tuneing a brushed motor? Ever stop to think that maybe it's a heck of alot cheaper? Couple of hundred for a dyno, brushes, springs, jigs....... most people don't have that kind of money to throw away. Are you say that this hobby is only for people who can afford to spend hundreds(if not thousands) to be competative?
Old 09-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

first of all i dont have a dyno and i didnt call anybody incompetant and i am not shitting on any bodys view in florida i have seen only two or three guys playing with the brushed motors and they were in trucks now i dont know every body in florida but its from what i have seen or heared you are not reading my post correctly i said until the system is perfected it wont get consideration from the masses. untill that happens i am for the brush motor i am a racer and i will race what ever is good and if something is not perfect than i wont buy it, the consept is great ! but not right now!
Old 09-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

I re-read your post 3 times thank you very much and that is what I got out of it, I'm not going to re-post my responce all over again.

P.s - Brushless isn't about racing in just florida it's about racing everywhere in the world. Running brushless is cheaper then running brushed, this would benefit alot of people.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

when you make the a main at a national then i'll run it ! fair enough !
Old 09-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

when you make the a main at a national then i'll run it ! fair enough !
What? This has nothing to do with anything. The factory drivers arn't useing them becuase right now there not legal, not becuase they arn't capable of competing and beating brushed motors.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

like i said let me refraise it when those motors are raced then i'll race them, nomatter what i am an rc racer and if that is the motor system to have then so be it .
till then tata !
Old 09-17-2003, 03:17 PM
The Evicerator

So if a former ROAR national champion like myself tells you that Brushless stuff is good, you're gonna run it?

Btw, it is good... and you ain't seen nothin' yet
Old 09-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just started reading the last few posts. I didn't think I'd like brushless. But I was getting tired of having to cut motors every run at an off road track. I do it all the time running TC's and that's bad enough but trying to cut motors at night in poor lighting with dirt from the track flying around was a diffucult thing to do. So I went ahead and put a Novak in my truck. I love it. It runs great. The only time I had to pull the motor out was at home yesterday to rebuild the tranny. You don't have the cost of brushes, springs, motor spray, etc. As for competition, the only guy who was faster was a sponsored racer running a 9X2. I don't know if I'd like it too much in the TC because of the lack of drag brake but who knows what they'll come up with. I give it 2 years and there will be as many or more brushless racers as brushed.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

I want to buy a brushless motor but I haven't found anywhere to buy them online. If anybody knows where I can buy a Hacker brushless motor and controller from online I would really appreciate it

I personally think that brushless motors are the way forward, we only use brushed motors because thats what we are sold by the manufacturers.
People will always resist change but it's going to happen
Old 09-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Evicerator
Btw, it is good... and you ain't seen nothin' yet
Any idea when we will see the next gen Novak BL????
(had to ask)
Old 09-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

i wouldnt buy it just because your a past champ joel johnson could tell me its the greatest thing since esc's i wouldnt care.
if you told me there was a racing class recognize for ifamar and the motors were
making close to identical horsepower to each other than fine but their not. until then i race brush because thats were the competition is at i know you are in the industry being a worker for novak to me what ever you post is biased and is tainted by the fact. you know aswell as i that that sysem is far away from peing perfected as the poly batt on paper it all looks good and the dream is a wet one
but as long as the majority want brushes
then that what it it will be.
until all the sanctioning bodys recognize it only the hobby people that play for fun will run it .
Old 09-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

but as long as the majority want brushes
then that what it it will be.
until all the sanctioning bodys recognize it only the hobby people that play for fun will run it .
Once again you are confused, you have no idea what the majority wants, you don't have a clue. Sure in florida the majority of people that you talked to don't want brushless, that dosn't accurately represent the rest of the country/world. Also once again I have to repeat, people run what they want. I race foams on my ETC every weekend, and so do hundreds of others in the country. According to the sanctioned bodys is this legal? No it's not, but we still run it. If enough people have brushless systems they will race them, end of story(no matter what the sanctioned bodies say). You believe that you speak for the masses, you don't.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 09-17-2003 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we had a guy at Hobbytown running one Graupner Brushless motor in he EMAXX here in AZ starting about 2 years ago. he also had one in a 1/8 gas buggy.......then later moved it into a XXX4.
it had problems with the way the brake functions, lockout which inturn caused glitching. i still see some of these problems with the Novak system.

i still remain open minded and hope they can get the systems ironed out.

as for Li-Po batts and long run times. the dreams of 20+min heats......a hobby shop nightmare, for having to run races over several days. imagine the days/weeks it would take to run the NATS

some places don't want to run 12th scale 8 min.
i run 12th......i myself wouldn't mind 30+min heats

3300's have the capacity to run 6+++ min offroad and TC heats. people say the motors can't take.......your right......not when your geared for 4-min.

go back to the 80's when IFMAR, europe, Japan, etc. ran offroad 5 min on 1200mh batts. when i was in Japan in 1989-91, I ran at a local culb which ran 6-min offroad with 23Tx1 club stock motors on 1700mh batts

it can be done
Old 09-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

you know aswell as i that that sysem is far away from peing perfected as the poly batt on paper it all looks good and the dream is a wet one
This isn't on paper, it's real, you can go and buy one right now and run it. Poly batt's for Rc cars is in the future and isn't yet available at a reasonable price for the masses. Nothing will ever be completely perfected, technology is ever growing and products are getting better and better(example - Batteries). Why not move with the times and reap the advantages?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.